FCB1010 with no chip

• HI all, I have a chance of buying an FCB1010 for a pretty good price but it does not have the UNO4Kemper or whatever chip it is , will it still work with the Kemper ? or do I have to get that chip ? what are the advantages in using the fcb1010 as opposed to pod hd 500 x that I am using now ? I understand the fcb1010 is very popular. I don't wanna spend the money on the actual kemper pedal just yet, it is extremely expensive here in Canada . thanks for your time. cheers. Ed

• I dont have the 1010 myself, but this vid may help you as it details using the 1010 with no chip

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That is a good video, for manual programming, although he mistakenly calls the EXP send# a channel number. It is a CC#, which, in the case of volume, is CC#7.
    An absolute must, if you use a PC, is the FCB editor from Mountain Systems! It is a great time saver, and it's free. I have been using the FCB stock with all of my midi components, including my Kemper for several years, and it is roadworthy, and quite capable. Before the Kemper Remote was released, I did some quick comparison measurements, and found both units to be very close in size, when you add 2 expression pedals to the Remote. The Remote takes less time, and offers more KPA friendly features, however, I didn't feel like it was worth the extra $400 - $500.
    Here is the link to the editing software:
    http://behringer-fcb1010-midi-…ity.software.informer.com