Kemper power rack or external power amp?

• Just curious what everyone is preferring these days... Thinking about getting the power rack for ease of use and " all in one" verses an external power amp add on. I've had the Kemper and used with an external power amp, and I just want to see what the consensus is on the kempers built in power amp verses a third party like the fryette power station. I'm not interested in discussing FRFR, I've owned my Kemper for over 3 years I know what it can do in that arena.

• Hi,
    I went with the Powehead but I got it as a scratch and dent on American Musical Supply and mine only had a small scratch on the left side of the unit and I saved 482.00USD so basically I paid a little over 100.00USD than the non-powered unit. I took the unit through the full diagnostics in the maintenance menu. The draw back as Ingolf said is that it is mono. My opinion is that people have been recording mono guitars forever!
    I also choose the Powerhead so I can buy a small 1x12 heavy duty 8ohm speaker cab. The speaker cab is more robust to carry around than a monitor for me and all I need to take to jam sessions is my guitar, small speaker cab and my lunch(box) lol.Viabcroce brings up a great point about having more flexibility. Really depends on what you plan to use it for! Either way any Kemper you get you will not regret! The first time I powered it up I was like eh...it has some good sounds but then I started tweaking it the past couple of days recorded my own profiles and all I can say is WOW! If I were to buy another one I would get the Powerrack version as it seems more heavy duty and will fit in a lot of cost effective rack transport cases. I am not a fan of the soft case for the Kemper lunch box version. The knobs on the lunch box version can easily be broken if this thing takes a nose dive. I actually considered mounting some U rack handles to the front of my Kemper so that if it were to get knocked over the U-Bars would never let the knobs hit the floor potentially damaging the potentiometers.