• What is your thoughts on this update? I usually always update but recently some of these updates have caused more trouble than not on my system with long sync times and long save times or freezing of rig manager.

Anyone like some some of the features in this update especially? Feedback appreciated!! Find its more stable? I read the following but I honestly don't understand why a lot of it would be necessary or that helpful

Rig Manager 1.5 required!

Performances created under this operating system are not downward compatible with for example 3.0.2 operating system! Modifications will get lost!

This operating system introduces the following enhanced features and fixes:

User Interface

changed: Browse window in Performance Mode applies View and “Sort by” selected in Browse Mode.changed: no MIDI Clock transmission if tempo is disabled in current Rig/Slotfixed: potential restore issues of Performances in new data structure (since 3.1.4)fixed: accidental MIDI Clock after Remote/MIDI Rig loadfixed: “Monitor Cab. Off” now included in Output Presets. fixed: Import function greyed out, if Rig limit reached fixed: “Pure Cabinet” is visible, but greyed out when disabledfixed: all Rig parameter edits trigger “E” incl. Clean Sens, Distortion Sens, Noise Gate

• I also just tried to install it. ;)

Well, my profiler doesn't see the file. It's in the 'OS Update' folder.

I tried again, this time formatting the usb stick from kemper. No go.

I tried again, this time formatting the usb stick fat32 from windows and creating the OS Update folder with the Kaos file in it. No go.

:(
    Well, I know how to force the kemper to load the file from the root of the usb stick but I'd rather not do that it seems like it's not a good idea. Any thoughts here/

EDIT: OK, I forgot. If you have the USB Stick loaded when you boot the kemper the dialogue doesn't pop up. So just stick in the usb stick after the Kemper is loaded (weird, there was a time this did not work that way).

• What is your thoughts on this update? I usually always update but recently some of these updates have caused more trouble than not on my system with long sync times and long save times or freezing of rig manager.

I see a simple solution to minimize the issues you wrote about: just install release versions, not beta ones :)

• I see a simple solution to minimize the issues you wrote about: just install release versions, not beta ones :)

Thus the reason for my post? I've already updated to 3.0xx so there is no option now to go back to the last stable version in my mind, which would entail using a different version of Rig Manager and reverting my firmware. Plus having profiles etc. not backwards compatible with the old OS. I really don't appreciate, for a senior member of the forum as you are, such condescending feedback. I don't appreciate it one bit, and if you look at your comments to some of my posts, it seems you've took it upon yourself to be what I consider antagonizing and unhelpful. And a smiley face doesn't override the implied derision.

Just because I report a freeze doesn't mean I don't want to install a beta anyway. What are we all supposed to just install the beta's and shutup when there are issues?

Anyone like some some of the features in this update especially? Feedback appreciated!! Find its more stable? I read the following but I honestly don't understand why a lot of it would be necessary or that helpful

I'm hearing you oozish. Earlier I used to update the FW as soon the new BETAs showed up, but not anymore so. The main reason is that the reliability comes first in my book and I'm already rather satisfies with Kemper capabilities so I don't need to get the latest feature XX immediately when such shows up. I rather wait for stable release which for me 3.0.2 was the last one. 3.1.4 is having it's CRITICAL flaw regarding occasional random digital noise just after when changing presets and I don't see it addressed yet in 3.2.0.

MY personal feeling is that KPA team has gotten more and more busy (say within a past year or so) and they are little bit struggling to maintain the top notch software release quality. Maybe the Remote RnD is taking its cost here or the software test automation coverage is quite not there against all the features flowing in. This DIGITAL NOISE is typical regression testing issue. Such existed earlier, then it was fixed and it went away, and now it is back.
    Would be interesting to hear comments regarding this from the team itself, otherwise this is just pure speculation.

Anyway, nowadays, I'm not able to contribute to beta tester activities. I go only with official releases and even with them need to have a plan B ready (=downgrade) just in case.

• Thus the reason for my post? I've already updated to 3.0xx so there is no option now to go back to the last stable version in my mind, which would entail using a different version of Rig Manager and reverting my firmware. Plus having profiles etc. not backwards compatible with the old OS. I really don't appreciate, for a senior member of the forum as you are, such condescending feedback. I don't appreciate it one bit, and if you look at your comments to some of my posts, it seems you've took it upon yourself to be what I consider antagonizing and unhelpful. And a smiley face doesn't override the implied derision.

Just because I report a freeze doesn't mean I don't want to install a beta anyway. What are we all supposed to just install the beta's and shutup when there are issues?

OMG :o
    Oozish, my friend, believe me you are completely off-base with this.
    You have asked what we think of the update, and have also complained about a number of issues with the last FWs ("more trouble than not"). I wrote what I think, as I would respond to anyone.

Please also be aware that in order to use the latest available Release version you don't have to give up using the latest Rig Manager.

My opinion is to not use a beta unless you absolutely need some specific features. Betas, by their definition, tend to present (or hide) more bugs than release versions.
    I honestly can't see how you might want to use a beta and at the same time complain about issues you have recently experienced.

As for "you've took it upon yourself to be what I consider antagonizing and unhelpful", please believe I can't even remember what are the posts of yours I've happened to respond. And not because I consider you any lesser than myself, but rather because I don't feel the need to keep memory of what goes on with whom on such forums, for such kind of opinion exchanges.

Of course I am sorry you don't find my posts helpful, I just tend to give the advices I'd want to get from others, if that makes any sense :)
    Feel free to ignore my posts if this is the case.

Peace :)