Open source project to control the KPA with the Line6 FBV Longboard

• Very cool project.
    I'm working on a Arduino Project involving the Kemper as well. But it's just something small to use the Midi Send of the Kemper and turn some of the PC Data into CC to turn my Strymons on and off.
    What I'm really interested is the idear of having an Arduino somehow connected to the Kemper and to display the Performence or even the Slot names. I mean it is possible with the remote so somehow it should be possible to do with an Arduino

• Cool project :)
    Let me know if you need any help:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• @mDan

Help would be great!!!

right now i am not able to display the tuner Info.
    When i set the Volume Pedal to 0, The tuner appears on the KPA and i receive the Note keys, but not the Pitch information.

Do you know how to get the looper state?

Is it possible to get the name of a Performance that is not the actual one? I would like to display this name when using the up and down buttons.

How often dou you send requests? at the moment i only send requests, when i receive a program Change to keep the traffic low.

• I assume you get the note information via parameter 0x3ED4 in a response of type 0x01 (Single Parameter Change Response). The tune information is provided via parameter 0x3E0F.
    Taken the Kemper SysEx structure

struct sysex {
    uint8_t header[5];
    uint8_t fn;
    uint8_t id;
    uint8_t data[64];
    }

the parameter could be extracted via (sysex.data[0] << 7) | sysex.data[1] and the value (note or tune value) via (sysex.data[2] << 7 | sysex.data[3]). If you like to have 0 indication a string is in tune you'll need to subtract a value somewhere around 8000 from the provided tune value.

• 16383/2 exactly ;)

• To get the pitch information
    i tried to send single Parameter Request at Adress Page 0x3E and Parameter Number 0x0F
    after receiving the Note Value from the KPA, but nothing happened.

Any idea?

• You don't need to send a separate request. When the KPA is in tuner mode it sends this information automatically as a Single Parameter Change response. When I am back on my machine I'll post an example

• @Monkey_Man: yes, but you'll need a little converter circuit. The main difference between the shortboard and the longboard is the missing second pedal and a couple of switches

@wrbi

taken again the structure from my above post:

switch(s.fn) {
    case 0x01:
    param = (s.data[0] << 7) | s->data[1];
    value = (s.data[2] << 7) | s->data[3];

if (param == 0x3E0F) {
    u16int_t tune = (value - 8000);

The above should be part of your method parsing the incoming sysex data.

• i receive a value at 0x7C0F and i think it is the pitch value as it chages when bending the string.
    The KPA starts sending this value if i turn on the Volume of my Guitar, even when not in tuner Mode.

• @Monkey_Man: yes, but you'll need a little converter circuit. The main difference between the shortboard and the longboard is the missing second pedal and a couple of switches

Hmm... thank you, Flipster.

This s#!t's way above my pay grade.

• i receive a value at 0x7C0F and i think it is the pitch value as it chages when bending the string.
    The KPA starts sending this value if i turn on the Volume of my Guitar, even when not in tuner Mode.

I got it,
    i look at each byte separatly, so my value 0x7C0F is the same as your calculated value 0x3E0F