Foot Controller Powering Down and Resetting During Performance!

• Hey Guys, I'm wondering if any of you have had this problem, over the past week or so I have had a few instances where my foot controller has randomly turned off and the booted back up! The first time it happened was in the middle of a performance, which when it happened I lost all guitar for a period of time and then when it came back on it was on a different tone.

Here's the thing, the tab on the kemper side of my rj-45 cable has broken off (I just bought a new on, this time one that has a rubber cover on the tab so that it will not break off). Although this has happened and so that the cable cannot "click" in, I do know that nothing is moving when this happens. So it's not like I'm moving the cables around and then it happens, everything is still. Furthermore, with NO intervention from me (such as pushing the cable in further if maybe it slipped out slightly for example) the controller will just boot itself back up.

Has anyone else ever seen this behavior?

I'm going to be trying this new cable soon to see if this solves the problem. I would like to know if anyone else is experiences these kinds of issues.

• I've had this, too, occasionally - original cable - the remote has its place from day one, I have never touched the cable since day one. And still, at times, the Remote powers itself down and boots up again - with no obvious reason at all. I doubt that in my case it's a hardware issue. However, I haven't yet figured out, what might trigger this reboot during operation. I am using Browse Mode in connection with Rig Manager. Latest official OS release.

• For me this has only happened during Performance mode. So far, only with the original cable. Never while using Rig Manager. I really hope this was a fluke or something, because this can't be happening while I'm playing live, just not good at all.

• I bought a new cable hoping that was the issue, unfotuNtately this just happened to me again last night. I have no idea what is going on, it seems very random. Out of no where the foot controller reboots, which changes everything over to some random rig and then when it reboots its set to some random performance that isn't even assigned yet. This is a glitch that Kemper really need to investigate. Is there a different forum I should post this in so that this issue is recognized?

Please post if you have ever experienced this so that we can get some sort of clue of how widespread this issue may be and maybe find some sort of trend pointing to when and why it's happening.

• Please post if you have ever experienced this so that we can get some sort of clue of how widespread this issue may be and maybe find some sort of trend pointing to when and why it's happening.

If the power on the stage is not that reliable (lights etc.), it is possible that at some point the power is not enough to power the remote. It'll reboot then, checking and adapting to the new power condition. The provided cable should be sufficient, but you may think about an PoE injector.

• If the power on the stage is not that reliable (lights etc.), it is possible that at some point the power is not enough to power the remote. It'll reboot then, checking and adapting to the new power condition. The provided cable should be sufficient, but you may think about an PoE injector.

So far this has happened in more than one setting. On one stage and in a couple different outlets in my house. I think this is unrelated to the power source.

• This keeps happening to me. I'm sure it's the cable or connector on the KPA.

Why are you sure it is the cable or he KPA connector? I have tried two different cables, the KPA provided cable and an equivalent one I bought from Ebay, this happens with both cables. I think it is unrelated to the cables.

• Only because if I re-seat the cable it works for me. Maybe just a coincident.

So is yours turning off or just resetting? So when it shuts down, if you do not touch anything, will it turn back on? Or do you have to re-seat the cable to turn it back on? This could point to a hardware issue as you say, however if it truly resetting without out your involvement, then we could be dealing with a software issue

• I've had this, too, occasionally - original cable - the remote has its place from day one, I have never touched the cable since day one. And still, at times, the Remote powers itself down and boots up again - with no obvious reason at all. I doubt that in my case it's a hardware issue. However, I haven't yet figured out, what might trigger this reboot during operation. I am using Browse Mode in connection with Rig Manager. Latest official OS release.

Same happens to me, in Browse and Performance Modes, only difference is that I'm not connected to Rig Manager.
    Hope it's not a hardware issue...