Foot Controller Powering Down and Resetting During Performance!

• I sent in a support ticket. I was told it is probably a power issue due to a defective cable. I was told to try using any very short ethernet cable to see if the same problem occurs. Apparently regular long ethernet cables are not friendly to the controller, probably power loss over the length of the cable. I will try a short ethernet cable and hopefully that fixes the problem, in which case I may have a defective cable. We will see.

• just now my remote shutdown every time I store and replace the rig on kemper ...

This particular issue ("store a rig") can happen, rarely, and has no deeper effect. It is fixed for the upcoming firmware versions.
    I assume that storing takes a long time? Please do also open a support ticket and attach a backup of your profiler.

• <p>I used the same short cable again last night for several hours with no issues again. &nbsp;I think this issue may be related to the ethernet cables. &nbsp;Anyone that is having an issue, try using the shortest ethernet cable you have lying around and let me know if the problem is resolved.</p>

• I've used the factory cable for well over 50 gigs without this kind of issue, so I don't think it is related to cable length.

It's not an issue of cable length when using the Kemper provided cable. This is a very high quality and low impedance cable. When dealing with other lower quality cable brands however, it is desirable to use shorter lengths to avoid power loss over the length of the cable due to potential higher impedance. What we are thinking is that the particular Kemper cable that I own is defective in some other way. I hope that makes sense.

• I had strange behaviour with my FC300 that I use with my Roland VG99. After many hours, updating firmware, changing cables, going through all menu setups I discovered that the cause was the RJ45 socket on the FC300 which uses a Neutrik RJ45 socket, I believe. It has those 8 "tongues" that are pressed down when you insert the cable and should go up, once you release the cable. However, using a magnifying glass, I realized that two of them were stuck and did not provide proper contact with the cable. Could be a reason ... The neutrik sockets are not really as fine quality, as they used to be, maybe ... I guess, the Kemper remote uses also these Neutrik sockets. Well, just my 2 pennnies, if you happen to have "strange" problems with your remote .... :thumbup:

• I have the same problem, and got this answer from the support team:

"...Rebooting of the Remote is caused by insufficient power coming from the Profiler to the Remote. You can prevent this from happening by using a POE device like the following one...:"

http://www.amazon.de/TP-Link-T…8-2&keywords=poe+injector

I must admit that I'm not completely satisfied with that answer, but I have ordered the PoE injector and hope it will work.

Håvar

• I must admit that I'm not completely satisfied with that answer, but I have ordered the PoE injector and hope it will work.

maybe you should mention that we've offered you to send in the items in question so we can run some checks.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Quote from Haabendi: “I must admit that I'm not completely satisfied with that answer, but I have ordered the PoE injector and hope it will work.”
    maybe you should mention that we've offered you to send in the items in question so we can run some checks.

Sorry for not mention that, I really should have! Also your extremely quick respond! But according to several other posts, this seems to be an issue not only with my items. I have had trouble finding a proper reason why this problem occurs, but now you have pointed out what might be the issue. I have a feeling this doesn't concerns only my specific item, so I will try out the recommended PoE injector first. Looking forward to try it out.

• Hi, a quite new Kemper/remote package here.
    Yesterday I had the first chance to plug in the remote (used the supplied cable).

Remote powered up ok, Kemper was in Browse mode.
    Then about 10 mins after the remote's lights flickered a few times and to me, it seemed to be related to switching rigs using the footswitches.
    Ie switch a rig and soon after the lights would flicker.
    Then suddenly (I did not switch rigs at that moment) connection was lost and the remote rebooted.
    After that the lights flickered a couple of times and I rebooted the whole Kemper.
    Remote was stable until I powered off a couple hours later.

Does not promote confidence.
    What can I do except raise a support ticket and buy a PoE?