Foot Controller Powering Down and Resetting During Performance!

• FW is 3.2.1.11625
    Just now switched rigs for about 5mins, everything ok.
    Then I went to system settings, page 11/17 and played with the contrast settings (I did that also yesterday).
    After a couple of minutes fiddling the remote became unresponsive (adjusting settings on the KPA did nothing, neither did the contrast knob on the remote itself). And then, maybe 10 secs later the remote rebooted.

After this I moved the cable and the remote about for a while, it stays alive. Fiddled with the connector at the back of the KPA, remote stays alive. Switched rigs, all that jazz.

Back to settings, page 11/17.
    Fiddling with the settings made the remote freeze/reboot again!
    After reboot, continue fiddling, whoa, another reboot. And so forth.

To me it seemed that freezes came mostly after adjusting the Contrast/Brightness and then the White LED Level (not always the first or second time though). Anyway I can repeat the reboots ad nauseam this way.

• Edgehill, I ran into the exact same scenario 2 days ago, so its definitely repeatable. Luckily that's not a situation I see myself in during a gig. ....or at least I hope not. Thanks for reporting this.

• Support replied.
    Based on the video and and the error code that the remote displays while re-connecting (it was 5) the verdict is that this is a software error.

"As a temporary workaround please do not use the parameters in the system menu to adjust the Remote display settings
    together with the physical knob at the back of the remote"

Best,
    edgehill

Edited once, last by edgehill ().

• Just got my remote. Happy as a puppy! After 3 days of playing the remote reboots by itself when i store a tweaked rig. 3 times in the last hour. Technic is wonderful. Started the kpa while pressing the rig button, because the profiler stores also very slow. Next surprise. The last 3 stored rig lost the setted stomps i stomp A,B,C,D and the setted footswitchpositions. Tryed to recreate it after the new boot but everything is ok.
    Strange.....

• Thanks for sharing

• Next surprise. The last 3 stored rig lost the setted stomps i stomp A,B,C,D and the setted footswitchpositions.

I had also some parapsychological Effekte at beginning.
    Since I have the approach to store immediately the whole performance after changing one Parameter the nightmare comes to an end.
    It's not the most elegant and most effective way but it works, even I do not know what was wrong before.

• I had also some parapsychological Effekte at beginning.
    Since I have the approach to store immediately the whole performance after changing one Parameter the nightmare comes to an end.
    It's not the most elegant and most effective way but it works, even I do not know what was wrong before.

Thx for the hint Harry, but this takes a long time.....

• So...I've been using a Thomann cable for at least six or seven months now without any issues whatsoever ......and last night my remote started to reboot itself six or seven times during our set ..not ideal as it comes up as my acoustic sound ..... I think it's a cable issue or rather ..the connection of the cables as when I move the cable slightly ... it functions .but not sure ..I really like the Thomann cable as it's connectors were protected and the cable coiled better ... :( using FW 3.2.1 ( really want a 4 release not a beta ..) anyways haven't got another gig for a 8 days so ...might have a play around unless anyone else has some ideas ..?....NOW here is a thought which I have just Thunk :) ..I have two kempers one is running 4.02 beta when I first tried the remote with that it had to update the FW ..now of course my live Kemper runs 3.2.1 would that effect things maybe ?

• I am not sure how I missed this thread, I posted my own under trouble shooting.

I started having severe issues with my remote rebooting , when using my looper. I bought new in October 2015 and everything is up to date. But I am having issues, Especially with morphed profiles, it would keep rebooting every 30 seconds or so. This is while recording and playback, It seems to be ok when not looping, but I think it rebooted a few times not using the looper, but I can't be 100% on that, as I tried to get it to freeze and reboot when just playing and it didn't. Lol

I opened up a ticket. I was told about the power issue and try to turn down the brightness for the remote screen, etc. I also change cables, and it still does it. the LEDs will flash a few times and boom, it resets, and I lose sound sometimes and it reverts to a lower volume etc.

i did did notice that when trying to turn down the contrast, from the KPA it would only go

so far and the LEDs would creep back up on the KPA , like I was turning it, but I wasn't touching it ,but I finally realized that my contrast knob on the remote is touchy to the point of just touching it the screen changes.

anyway, I am sending Both the remote and the KPA in for a look as as soon as I
    get my RMA from Denver (or wherever in the states it comes from
    )