3.2.1 FIXES THE DIGITAL CRACKLING / HASH :) => 3.2.0 ....BUG ..... still has the hi-freq-digital-crackling / hi-freq-digital-hash when Changing sounds in Browse mode ...

• Here's a thought, initially the Kemper loads up without loading in the actual rigs just the ones that are neighbors of the current rig for quick switching, it then loads the rigs as you go to them, I'm guessing this is a bit intensive and it could be that the Kemper is having a hard time maintaining constant latency (if you have this enabled) at that point while it's doing all that stuff in the background, i.e. buffer overrun = crackling.

• Hey Per

I think you are %100 on the money.

Every time a I startup with 3.2.0 I get this crackling / hashing at random when I change presets during the first minute or so ..... after that it disappears.

As soon as you mentioned buffer-overrun I remembered it sounds exactlylike when running my audio card at a really low latency ie: 64 samples / 1.5ms.

The other "hint" is that this issue only seems to occur in Browse Mode and -not- Performance mode.

I'm sure Kemper will fix this soon.

Ben

• Another thing I did is enabled the smooth transition between rigs setting, I can't remember what it's called right now (rig x cross fade?) so that the rigs transition from one sound to the next with Crossfade. Seems to help as well.

• Hey all

I'm not running and never have run " constant latency " so I doubt that is related.

To further test, I set the " Rig X-Fade " to " 6 " ...... I didn't want to make the rig-to-rig transitions " too-fadey-out-and-too-fady-in " and it did help to reduce the crackling / hash between Browse Rig changes even more .... they were even less random ...... but they still arise from time to time.

From what I have tested so far - and the suggestions people have made and others have also tried ..... I am convinced this is some sort of a " midi-lag " / " buffering " / " preset loading " issue when changing rigs in Browse mode.

Again - I'm sure we will see a fix soon.

Ben

• so guys: have you solved the issue? in the meantime the beta is now release. I wonder why if you sent your bug report to the team...

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I'm chiming in - back in some 3.x OS I had similar behavior when after I started my Kemper and I browsed rigs using LEFT, RIGHT buttons for short time the rig sounded very weak (volume drop, definition drop...). But it was very random and couldn't recreate it. Is my issue similar to the one being discussed?

• Not to be a dick, but is this a real issue and not just an annoyance? Does it happen in performance mode? Ie during a gig?

A random static that appears 1% of the time (in my experience) in browse mode and disappears after 1 second is not a serious concern for me. Id appreciate if it were fixed, but id appreciate other things far more

• Not to be a dick, but is this a real issue and not just an annoyance? Does it happen in performance mode? Ie during a gig?

A random static that appears 1% of the time (in my experience) in browse mode and disappears after 1 second is not a serious concern for me. Id appreciate if it were fixed, but id appreciate other things far more

Well i am playing on the biggest musical in Denmark right now and there is no way i can have a static happen when i change sounds.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• Sorry, if OT. But is it true, that 3.0.2 does not have this bug? I'm thinking about downgrading the firmware. It's extremely annoying when trying to compare sounds, and then this high frequencies kill my sense for fine detail for a few minutes (=downtime).

• Sorry, if OT. But is it true, that 3.0.2 does not have this bug? I'm thinking about downgrading the firmware. It's extremely annoying when trying to compare sounds, and then this high frequencies kill my sense for fine detail for a few minutes (=downtime).

I haven't encountered it in 3.0.2. And i am very happy with that fw so i am just staying there untill all is well.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.