3.2.1 FIXES THE DIGITAL CRACKLING / HASH :) => 3.2.0 ....BUG ..... still has the hi-freq-digital-crackling / hi-freq-digital-hash when Changing sounds in Browse mode ...

• This exact story has been submitted to support.

I checked with the Profiler this morning. I had only very limited time and no recording possibility other than my phone. The hard metallic clicks in the recordings are the Remote footswitches. For the samples check the download link below.

Immediately after power-up no problems! However after 10 minutes of playing and switching between slots the issue started already. Again the same slots were affected (when switching to such a slot). Normally it does not matter if you switch from within a performance or from another, the issue will occur. This morning I could only re-create the issue when switching from another performance.

I only had the chance to check with the Profiler for 20 min. During the time the issue worsened. First 10 min all OK, then little digital crackling (still enough to turn heads during a performance) and worse the next minutes. Probably the issue would have occurred within the same performance if I had some more time.

Pure Cab did show similarities in behaviour. Right after boot, I was able to change the Pure Cab parameter "crackle-free". After a few minutes I was not able to change Pure Cab without an incredible digital noise. Disabling Pure Cab did however did not help to solve the issue of digital crackling during switching.
    The only thing that helped to resolve the switching issue was disabling the reverb and saving it like that. In a previous post I wrote that disabling delay would also help, but this was not the case.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68275573/KemperIssue.zip

Roel.

• Right I see, I've been gigging with 3.2 for a while now and use IEM's where I can hear everything clearly. I personally haven't had this issue. I occasionally get a click as I switch between profiles, but it is only occasionally and I have passed this on to support I can even get this sound when I come out of tuner mode to a profile using the remote. But this isn't the same issue as you guys are experiencing it seems

• I am in the same boat. Gigged with 3.2 and using IEM. Only occasional clicks (also before 3.2). Until now, out of the blue this...

I've had this click since day 1 of the KPA but it has got a lot better it used to be all the time when switching rigs but now it's only occasional. I Have passed this on to the KPA team and I'm sure they are on the case :)

• Been testing all day. Nothing much yet, only one thing I can consistently re-create.

• I downloaded the Michael Wagener RP (May) and used the "MW - Rand L. TS Bogus" rig
    • In the stomp section (A) I replaced the effect with the Mouse distortion (NO other effects)
    • Go to Output page 5/7, check Pure Cabinet and change the value of Pure Cabinet
    • I consisently get digital noise
    • When I add an additional Graphic EQ in slot X (so only Mouse in A and GEQ in X), the noise dissappears.

Different combinations get different results, My slots are using the cab from this rig, and I happen to like the Mouse.....

Edited once, last by Corstroe ().

• I've got this kind of crackling some time ago. Tested it now, and guess what? It's back. :(
    I can reproduce it easily with CK Rotary rig.

More about the issue here: Nasty scratch noise after switching to CK Rotary Speaker rig

Sound:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have had the Kemper for a few days now. Bought new.

FWIW, I experienced occasional crackling when changing rigs (Browse mode, browsing using RM with up/down arrows).
    It happens once, them does not happen for a few hours, then happens again etc.
    Last time the rigs were TAF Twinolux rigs that have no fx, only amp and reverb

Sounds similar to the above post. On clean sounds its like crackling with a delay effect on.

/edgehill

• Not sure why you deliberately question my answers, but to make it perfectly clear to you: No, I haven't had one dead LED yet.
    My first profiler is nearly 4 years old.

Yes, I like things perfectly clear ;) So, you haven't had one dead LEDS yet. Good for you ;) Thank you.

• Interesting observation. Although for me it is not just about clipping, but also drastic tonal change. But need to look at the output led next time it comes.

Could it be that in some cases the Cab\Stack algo loading lags behind couple of seconds. And as cab section is more or less a EQ filter the output gets hit also too hard in these cases, hence the clipping?

• Could it be that in some cases the Cab\Stack algo loading lags behind couple of seconds. And as cab section is more or less a EQ filter the output gets hit also too hard in these cases, hence the clipping?

This crossed my mind too... It sounds very much like the cabs is disabled, but I'm certain that I heard it live through my powerhead and cab aswell which would be weird if it was the Cab section as this should surely be bypassed?