best way to setup Mission EP1-KP with Kemper Remote (Solved)

• Hi Guys

I just got the Kemper Remote and the EP1-KP.
    I wanted to use the EP1 both as a wah wah and as a volume pedal.
    I was struggling with this, but with help of another topic I worked it out. Maybe a step by step guide will be usefull for some people.
    A. I like the volume pedal to give a slight boost in volume. Rhythm/Lead
    B. Make sure the wah is in Stomp A
    C. For this example I used the 3 and 4 inputs of the Remote.
    1. connect output 1 (EP1) with input 3 (Remote) and output 2 with input 4
    2. Rig Page 3: Post effects (or another setting you might prefer) Range=-1 also personal taste (see A), wah to volume checked
    3 System Page 7: Mode Pedal Type 1, Function Wah Wah. Don't forget to calibrate.
    4 System Page 8: Mode Mono Switch, Switch Tip Stomp A on/off
    5 System Page 11 WahPedal >Volume=checked
    6 Choose a wah (in stomp A), Pedal Mode Bypass toe.
    This worked for me. Hope it's clear

A small remark: when you switch to a different rig, the volume will be at max, even though the pedal is in the up position. You will have to move the pedal up and down to set the volume to its lowest setting. The Kemper Helpdesk (Great!!) tells me there is no way around this. it is impossible to programm it differently.

Greets
    Steven

• I just received my Mission KP pedal and will follow your instructions...thanks! Question..by assigning the wah to Stomp A, you're creating a "global" wah to be turned on/off with any of the 5 channels in the bank right? I won't be using the volume for a boost, just a default when the Wah is off, so I'm assuming all volume levels would be constant to the levels I preset among the 5 channels in the bank?

• Not quite sure I completely understand what you mean, but if you leave out point 2 of my "instruction" The pedal will not function as a volume pedal (i think). You won't have set a range so volume is at max all the time.
    You will have to put a wah in stomp A of all your rigs. (6)

• Thanks for the post and the instructions. I'm a new owner and wanted to use a single expression pedal for wah and volume. My Mission pedal is incoming.

John

I need more practice, not more gear.

• I just got my EP1 today, it was black and I wanted green! I'm sending it back : (

Anyway, i thought I saw or read you can use a mono 1/4 cable for Out 2.. wrong.

Thanks for the tip on Wah/Volume setting. I will give it a try.

• I also have EP1-KP.
    I followed the instructions in the first post and they work fine for the purpose intended.
    Used TR-TR cable for EP1 OUT2 (which operates the switch), definitely works.

EP1 is a fine pedal except I don't like the switch. It is way too easy to engade it by mistake.

Edited 2 times, last by edgehill ().

• Ok I have two TR cables that didn't work with the EP1 in the out2 jack, very strange but using a different cable works very well now. I like the EP1 so far, nice build quality, set the switch to turn on/off wah and actually prefer the momentary style over the latch switch.

I don't have a problem hitting the switch by accident.

• I am going to attempt to set up my remote+EP-1kp this week after using the FC 1010 , a lot of the patches I want to use have already got the effects programmed (mike britt ones) so to put wah in slot one on every patch bank will mean a lot of reorganising as I used mainly 3-4 on the fc. as i understand it the wah f/sw is made universal yes? like the Vol pedal . I have a double nobles" switch I used with a GT100 which will I hope turn on rev and delay so as to free up the on-board effects switches for extras .

• Steven ,( followed all the stages to the letter but can't get the EP-1 switch to turn on the wah, .18/2) 19/2- Disregard message all sorted now , I was duplicating the vol set up for wah when in
    stage 3 , incidentally I use 5-6 because I'm right footed and they are closest to the pedal , also put wah in slot B as I like comp. as A default stomp but otherwise fine , thank you again .

• I followed these instructions, but see no option to calibrate for pedals 3-6? I gigged and everything seemed ok, just wondering if the "throw" on the pedal could be better by somehow calibrating.

• I followed these instructions, but see no option to calibrate for pedals 3-6? I gigged and everything seemed ok, just wondering if the "throw" on the pedal could be better by somehow calibrating.

The calibration menu appears when a pedal is plugged in 3-6.

• Hi, can you explain what this setup will do functionally? Is it the following:
    - if you do not select Wah thry Switch A, the pedal functions as Volume
    - if you push Switch A (select Wah), the pedal functions as Wah pedal
    Is this what I should expect?
    thanks for clarifying

• Hi, can you explain what this setup will do functionally? Is it the following:
    - if you do not select Wah thry Switch A, the pedal functions as Volume
    - if you push Switch A (select Wah), the pedal functions as Wah pedal
    Is this what I should expect?
    thanks for clarifying

Essentially, what happens when you hit the button on the EP-1, the wah in Stomp A is activated. At this point, because wah>volume has been ticked, wah takes precedence over volume when using the expression pedal. Hit the button again to turn off the wah. Now the volume function is active.

• Thanks for explaining Nightlight. Do you know if it is still true that the button on the EP-1 is not supported by the Remote? So this will only work if I have a cable direct from the EP1 to the Profiler Amp? (which I think is a bit silly but that is another story)

• I don't own a Remote, so I couldn't say. Having the footswitch work would definitely require a second cable to connect with the Remote or the Kemper in all situations.

I'm not too clear on the Remote's capability though. According to this thread: (Resolved) Mission Engineering EP1-KP switch not working with Remote?

Kemper had to implement foot switch capability for the Remote. I'm not sure if that's been done yet. In the thread, they said you could not hook up the footswitch to the Remote, only to the back of the Kemper.

• I don't own a Remote, so I couldn't say. Having the footswitch work would definitely require a second cable to connect with the Remote or the Kemper in all situations.

I'm not too clear on the Remote's capability though. According to this thread: (Resolved) Mission Engineering EP1-KP switch not working with Remote?

Kemper had to implement foot switch capability for the Remote. I'm not sure if that's been done yet. In the thread, they said you could not hook up the footswitch to the Remote, only to the back of the Kemper.

it works also with the remote
    Same procedur as described
    You have to setup the switch.

• OK, I followed these instructions and it works perfectly. I made some changes based pn personal preference:
    - I used pedal 6 and 5 on the Remote, as these were closest to my EP1 channel. In essence everything is the same, you just need to select the right SYSTEM PAGE
    - I use the volt,e pedal to go from nothing to full volume. Just set RANGE to -5.0 on RIG Page 3

So thanks a lot Steven.
    Now I need to find the right settings to get something that sounds like a CryBaby. To be continued.

• OK, I followed these instructions and it works perfectly. I made some changes based pn personal preference:
    - I used pedal 6 and 5 on the Remote, as these were closest to my EP1 channel. In essence everything is the same, you just need to select the right SYSTEM PAGE
    - I use the volt,e pedal to go from nothing to full volume. Just set RANGE to -5.0 on RIG Page 3

So thanks a lot Steven.
    Now I need to find the right settings to get something that sounds like a CryBaby. To be continued.

Check out this thread for that: need help setting up your Wah in the Profiler? do you own a rare Wah? let me know.