Direct Out - Git Analog no Sound?

• Hey Everyone...
    Yep the new guy with probably a question with an obvious and hopefully it is NOT a hardware issue.

I need the direct out to work as a direct box to another system that I have....but when Direct Out is set to Git Analog there is no signal.
    When I set Direct Out to Git+Processing I have a very nice signal with lots of sparkle.

I understand there is no way to turn down or up the Direct Out when set to Git Analog so I am kind of stumped here....

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks for your time, I know it is your most precious commodity.

Moon Dog

• Well, I had the same issue.

Turned out that, as far as I can tell, the "Guitar Analogue" setting gives you a passive DI signal, so the level is unchanged from what exits your guitar.

Obviously, a guitar input or DI is necessary on your "other system". In my case, it's just a matter of switching my monitoring desk's line input to "guitar" (small, old Mackie). Many audio interfaces have this feature too, as well as dedicated mic pre boxes.

• Thanks for your post Monkey-Man...
    My "Other System" is a TC Helicon VoiceLive3.
    The input on this system is a 1/4 guitar jack. It is a guitar level input by definition.
    I do have a gain control on that input but even at full on 0dB......no sound.
    I also tested this Direct out Git Analog into a guitar amp....cranked it up....

Not a sound.

I just did a Global Init Reset ..... didn't change anything....except blew away some of my tweeks.

Moon Dog.

• OK I just figured it out....

You cannot use the Alternate input on the back of the Kemper and set the output to Git Analog....it does not work.

Plug the guitar into the Front Input jack......SOUND. (Even if you have the input set to Alternate input, plugging into the Front Jack overrides that setting).

Not sure if this was done intentionally but this is how mine works.

Moon Dog.

• The override is intentional for sure...read it too in the manual....

But the fact that if you use the Alternate Input and then the Git Analog output does not work......that is NOT in the Manual.