Kemper Floorboard Model

• Hi,

A question for the guys at Kemper - do you have any plans to come out with a KPA in a floorboard form factor?

I love the sound and workflow of my KPA, but to use it live, I need a MIDI floor controller, extra cables etc.
    With the competition of the Line6 Helix, Fractal AX8 & Atomic Amplifire, I'm sure you must have thought of this already.
    Is it close enough so you can give us a hint? :rolleyes:

Thanks,

M.

• Might seem like they're just copying everyone at this stage. I'd rather something unique.

I'm not massively into the mini version in a floorboard thing anyway. I have no issue carrying the toaster and FCB, it's like one more thing to go into my car, it's a non issue for me, and I suspect lots of people are going a little over the top with saving a little bit of space. Losing quality and features shouldn't be sacrificed for space IMO, but if they're going to make a complete floorboard version I can get behind that. But YMMV.

Ultimately I see the AX8 as a serious step down from the Axe2 and I wouldn't want a Kemper version of that.

• Do you remember how long it took them to design the remote?
    So if they plan it now, it will make it till... Let's see ;)
    But I don't think, they want to establish competition to the remote and "old" model...

• I've owned a lot of modelers, everything from the Boss GT-3 to the Axe II and my Kemper Rack is my #1 rig. But to be honest I have been trying some modelers again lately looking for an all-in-one floorboard unit but nothing has been able to make me switch yet. I'm even on the wait list for the AX8 and I've been following the new Line 6 Helix. It sure would save me a lot of time and money if Kemper would just tell us that they are planning on releasing a floorboard model, I don't care if it's a stripped down version without profiling capabilities because I'll keep my KPA Rack for that, I just want a floorboard model.

• I would love a Kemper floor unit and if it had the right features I would buy one immediately. Then I could leave my KPA rack at home and just bring the profiles I need to the gig.

I could be happy with a stripped down version with just the basic effects, plus the Compressor and Definition controls in the Amp block. I love those.

Take my money!!!!

• How many of us out here have been begging for a floorboard unit for ages?? its the ideal tool for the majority of players { forget the touring pros } most of us are space-poor in our setting
    up environments and frankly dont need dozens of different patches on mega-boards but DO need built in pedals in a robust unit, the KP floor controller with a wah and vol pedal built on,
    containing the sound engine would be perfect.now if you have seen Tony Mckenzie's u-tube strip downs of his KPA units you will know that inside them is ?? lots of empty space!! so
    fitting the main board into a floor unit should be a doddle for C.K and the team .Come on guys ! listen to the customers and take the market from L6 and Roland, :thumbup: