How to get "half-cocked" Wah sound?

• Forgive my ignorance - but I'm totally new to Wahs in general, and especially with the Kemper.

So I got a Mission Expression pedal. Hooked it up and got it assigned correctly, I think. (Pedal Type 1, right?)

Anyway - I tried adding a few different Wahs to my rig, and successfully got the wah-wah sound when I'm playing and working the pedal with my foot. But I want it to have that partial-wah (half-cocked) sound when I stop moving at some point, but it seems like my tone goes back to normal as if no Wah is on at all any time my foot stops moving the pedal. Is this normal? Am I missing a setting or parameter somewhere?

Thanks,

• If you like your Wah to be always on (for this cocked Wah sound) you must choose "On" in the menu. At the moment it is set - like paults already said - to "Bypass at stop".

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Hi,
    I have my wha set to 'Stop @ toe' & then for that 'half-cocked' wha just leave it somewhere in the middle (let your ears decide) ... make sure that the sweep of your wha is tight enough to hold position.

Cheers,
    Wolf

• Thanks for the advice guys. Still learning the ends and outs of the Kemper in general. Didn't notice that setting for the Wah - will go search for it today. Pretty cool that it is so programmable like that. I continue to be amazed.