(title edited) FW 3.1.4 / 3.2 high freq bug /

• Hi
    (what I'm going to say may not be related to the aforementioned bug, so I'm sorry if I'm wrong...)
    Some users including me have posted about issues since 3.1
    Sometimes when switching rigs the sound suddenly becomes very harsh, kind of like playing a hi gain studio profile through studio monitors but with cab off.
    This happened to me several times at home or during rehearsal.

edit: what I'm about to describe is a different issue from the crackling
    Today a sound engineer came to our rehearsal to do a live recording. I was playing with a kemper (performance mode) + ambrosi amp and guitar cab, main outs (with cab sim) direct to the desk. Switching rigs with a fcb 1010 + uno 4 kemper.
    After a few tunes I started to have a similar issue to what I described before. My sound which was fat suddenly became very thin and trebly and there was a loss of volume. The problem started happening every few minutes and could last several seconds before going back to normal.
    I was really pissed off and stressed out as we were recording. I checked my cables, switched guitars, turned the kemper off and on again with no success. We checked on the recording, and we could hear the tone change)
    Then I switched the fcb on and off and that seemed to solve the problem. I was able to go through most of the songs without problem. But it started happening again after a while...

So I think what happens is the wah engages itself, without me touching the pedal. So it gives me this cocked wah sound which disappears after a few seconds. (my wah is set so that it engages when I move the pedal)
    So regarding this issue, the fcb 1010 may be the cause of the problem. I have never recalibrated it, but I've never needed to with the previous firmwares (no issue in about two years of updates)

But as I have said before, this issue also happened at home, and I had no fcb or expression pedal connected, it happened just by switching rigs on the kemper with the arrows. So if what happened today at reharsal is the same issue as what happened at home (I'm not 100% sure) then it must be a FW bug (and not linked to the fcb).

So I hope this helps
    Could users who experienced the bug tell me if it sounds like cocked wah?
    Also, as I've said before, the rehearsal was recorded so I will be able to post sound examples in a few days.

edit: here is a recording of the issue

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'll send this to support
    Any help appreciated
    Thanks
    Matt

Edited once, last by mattt67 ().

• The question is if these are one or two issues. Could it be that the pedal of the Behringer is too loose and moves itself due to vibration or something similar? Is there a screw on the pedal to tighten it?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Hey
    I just got a reply from support (very fast by the way!)
    This could be two different issues and the wah problem might be fw related.
    I'll do some more testing and keep you posted
    Matt

• No, it's not the same issue.
    And after listening to it, it's very different from the other crackling issue that I and some others have reported.
    I should edit the title and my first post.
    Here is a a recording

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by mattt67 ().

• Any news on this issue? I had it yesterday for the first time, when I switched from one profile to another using RigManager. No Remote connected, no midi device connceted.

• Any news on this issue? I had it yesterday for the first time, when I switched from one profile to another using RigManager. No Remote connected, no midi device connceted.

Hi Joerch
    There seem to be 2 different issues, which one did you have?
    - the one I describe in this post? (there is a souncloud clip in my first post)
    - the one described in Benifin's post? There is also a soundclip by user Araman here:
    3.2.0 ....BUG ..... still has the hi-freq-digital-crackling / hi-freq-digital-hash when Changing sounds in Browse mode ...

Thanks
    Matt