tired of waiting for kemper, bought a van amps sole-mate reverb

• Got tired of waiting for kemper's spring reverb so I bought this. I had one before and felt it brightened the bypassed guitar sound a bit much but I think it'll be controllable in the loop of the kemper.It should arrive today.

• update, got it and promptly put it back on the market. It does sound good for a vintagy reverb tone but it has a significant volume boost as well as a bright boost. I did not try it in the loop. I was using it in the front of the amp.

I found that for clean tones, particularly with a strat or tele and for simulating a fender amp it had a nice tone. But for a lot of the stuff I do, most particularly with archtop guitars, it did not sound good. When I A/B'd it with the built in kemper reverb I preferred the kemper sound. It's adding something to the tone that I do not like.

• Thanks for sharing your impression!

I would suggest to be a little more patient here because spring reverb is certainly on the top of the to do list of the Kemper team!

• Thanks for sharing your impression!

I would suggest to be a little more patient here because spring reverb is certainly on the top of the to do list of the Kemper team!

I've heard that for over a year and there's never been any public acknowledgement that it will be in any subsequent release and in fact, the only acknowledgement that's ever been made was in one of the other threads recently where they have said it's not at the top of the priority list.

• Have you tried the SubDecay Super Spring Theory?

I just got one and I absolutely love it. Dripping splashy ringing spring for days. Very vintage sounding. It has a room setting as well.

It might work for you. Check out the PGS demo.

I've heard that for over a year and there's never been any public acknowledgement that it will be in any subsequent release and in fact, the only acknowledgement that's ever been made was in one of the other threads recently where they have said it's not at the top of the priority list.

It was #2 back in July, so it could be worse. Maybe what was #1 is done now, and we just don't know it yet. :)

(High End) Spring Reverb

• no I have not. I think I'll try that or the Boing. Anyone know which one is based on more recent tech? The boing is based on the new Neunaber chip.

Have you tried the SubDecay Super Spring Theory?

I just got one and I absolutely love it. Dripping splashy ringing spring for days. Very vintage sounding. It has a room setting as well.

It might work for you. Check out the PGS demo.