[CiliLab] - 40% off. Use code:564SVR

• And here's a short test of Mesa Boogie Mark 5:25 Kemper profile in a "mix". No processing on the guitars. Guitar straight into Kemper. Limiter on master buss. IIC+ channel.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• And here's a short test of Mesa Boogie Mark 5:25 Kemper profile in a "mix". No processing on the guitars. Guitar straight into Kemper. Limiter on master buss. IIC+ channel.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hurry and release this pack!!!!!!!! Sounds awesome!!!!

Love it!! This will be a hell of a pack :thumbup:

• Interested to hear these. I just played one of these in a store and shockingly i loved the clean channel but not as much the gain side. Descent rhythm tones but not nearly the amount of gain i expected (especially for leads). Probably would be really good with an extra boost in front. Never owned a Boogie...I was comparing this to a Friedman PT 20 (which also could use a tad more gain for leads but i liked the rhythm tones better on the Friedman), but didn't have much in the way of clean.... .

• mark v not enough gain? Something aint right there

I was playing a Fender with a Seymour Duncan humbucker in the bridge, I normally play Ernie Ball Guitars at home, and it wasn't turned up that loud. On the way home i listened to that Youtube video of Petrucci playing it, and it did sound pretty similar to that, which for rhythm it's less gain than i thought. For leads I would think you need a boost (at least with that guitar) for sustain and fluid feel. I have a Peavey XXX and an Egnater MTS preamp and have never used or needed any sort of boost before.

• Interested to hear these. I just played one of these in a store and shockingly i loved the clean channel but not as much the gain side. Descent rhythm tones but not nearly the amount of gain i expected (especially for leads). Probably would be really good with an extra boost in front. Never owned a Boogie...I was comparing this to a Friedman PT 20 (which also could use a tad more gain for leads but i liked the rhythm tones better on the Friedman), but didn't have much in the way of clean.... .

That's strange 'cause Mark 5 has a ton of gain and no need for an OD pedal for extra gain, unless you want it for a tighter sound.

• That's strange 'cause Mark 5 has a ton of gain and no need for an OD pedal for extra gain, unless you want it for a tighter sound.

Hmm, maybe if you crank it up the sustain will come? I was playing at lower volumes as it was a quiet store. From playing yours (and others) profiles of Boogie's they seem to have a ton of gain. I've never owned a Boogie, but i did not like the Dual Rec or a Mark IV combo i've heard friends play for similar reasons.

• Hmm, maybe if you crank it up the sustain will come? I was playing at lower volumes as it was a quiet store. From playing yours (and others) profiles of Boogie's they seem to have a ton of gain. I've never owned a Boogie, but i did not like the Dual Rec or a Mark IV combo i've heard friends play for similar reasons.

As far as I know from my experience ( played all versions ) there's no need to crank the volume for extra gain or saturation. Even on Bedroom volume there's a lot of gain and sustain. But tbh mark series are "hard" to set them right away. The eq is pure pain, 1mm movement of knob and bam different sound. Also increasing gain will add more harmonics, low midds and bass freq. So you have to tweak the amp settings a bit using graphic eq. But once you know the amp it's brutal in any way. Rock, metal, clean you name it.

This is why I'm in no hurry to release this pack. Have to make it sound good for everyone. And it is obsession of course! :)

• Ask any one who bought Ivan's packs
    he is worth the wait ... ^^

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• on the mark ii - iv theres a pre-gain volume, so both need to be turned up to get full saturation. Then the eq knobs are also pre gain so if you have them low enough you wont get enough oomph. But you also need to set them right for the guitar and sound you want. The mark v is easier because it ditches the pre gain volume knob but the eq is still important.

Rectos definitely need a boost to get a tight sound but should have quite a bit of gain on the red channel.

• on the mark ii - iv theres a pre-gain volume, so both need to be turned up to get full saturation. Then the eq knobs are also pre gain so if you have them low enough you wont get enough oomph. But you also need to set them right for the guitar and sound you want. The mark v is easier because it ditches the pre gain volume knob but the eq is still important.

Rectos definitely need a boost to get a tight sound but should have quite a bit of gain on the red channel.

Exactly! I was referring to Mk5 series btw.

• Tested few mk V profiles, sounds very good! From the other side please zupport this guy becouse i want to sold my ubershall amp and Ivan want to buy. At the end you can get 2 killer packs from 2 guys and 12344 diff cabs!

Stay Metal!

• Great!

Based on Cili`s previous work with the Dual Rectifier I can relay on his magic skills as did deaf Bethowen - before he dared to hit the piano keyboard.
    You got that lush harmonic layering 5:25 and his bigger brother Mark V 90w is known for, with details and clear covering of mid tones, sweet saturation, crunch and hyper crank on transients. Great sounding. That's it... Looking forward en-in-joining the pack :)

BTW, did you "played" with a CabClone output & Kemper?

• Tested few mk V profiles, sounds very good! From the other side please zupport this guy becouse i want to sold my ubershall amp and Ivan want to buy. At the end you can get 2 killer packs from 2 guys and 12344 diff cabs!

Stay Metal!

LOL

Great!

Based on Cili`s previous work with the Dual Rectifier I can relay on his magic skills as did deaf Bethowen - before he dared to hit the piano keyboard.
    You got that lush harmonic layering 5:25 and his bigger brother Mark V 90w is known for, with details and clear covering of mid tones, sweet saturation, crunch and hyper crank on transients. Great sounding. That's it... Looking forward en-in-joining the pack :)

BTW, did you "played" with a CabClone output & Kemper?

No, I haven't. Only real cabs.

Curious to see if you could capture the clean channel with eq on, it was really punchy in the low end, something i haven't heard a lot of coming out of the kemper

I hope I did. :) I'll post few profiles tomorrow for you guys to try and let me know what you think.

Cheers!