[CiliLab] - 40% off. Use code:564SVR

• A question to folks who bought EVH 5153 Stealth EL34 pack.
    Since I will release an update with DI's first.

What are some settings that you would like to have???
    Also, would you like to have some DI's with OD as a clean boost in front of the amp, or just pure amp???

Please let me know, cause that way you get what you want!

Cheers!

• It is always good to have one clean profile in the pack with a "noon setting" (or rather flat, neutral eq) that takes (external) pedals well!

There are quite a few people using Kemper with pedalboards or preamp pedals (love my MXR EVH 5150 pedal - so a good platform would be great :whistling: ) Not so many profiles respond good to pedals. I have noticed, the ones that work, then sound good with almost all pedals - high or low gain.

• It is always good to have one clean profile in the pack with a "noon setting" (or rather flat, neutral eq) that takes (external) pedals well!

There are quite a few people using Kemper with pedalboards or preamp pedals (love my MXR EVH 5150 pedal - so a good platform would be great :whistling: ) Not so many profiles respond good to pedals. I have noticed, the ones that work, then sound good with almost all pedals - high or low gain.

I agree!
    Ok, so for someone who use pedals in front of a profile, I can make all three channels with EQ settings at noon!
    On this EL34 version the Green ch is pure 100% clean so I can even make a profile with the gain knob at noon.

But with the other 2, Blue & Red, I assume you would like to have gain on both channels as low as possible, right?

But with the other 2, Blue & Red, I assume you would like to have gain on both channels as low as possible, right?

Right, I have experienced that works and different character of channels is still there. Others will say, a bit gain for profiling and then reduce on the rig again will sometimes give better results. As low as possible sounds great here :thumbup:

By the way, I know a guy that borrowed the Stealth for recording and I remember him saying that he used green and blue channel, both with all settings at noon (including gain) exclusively - he was happy with no tweaking at all :thumbup:

• It's true!
    I barely use gain over 10 or 11 o clock.
    But the Green channel on EL34 version compared to the regular and black stealth version has real clean sound!

I think he had EL34 too, but I wasn't that interested in the story and the amp - too many tubes and waaaaaay to loud :D

I think buying your pack is way more comfortable! I think I will do that...

EDIT: I think I said I think too often. But I think that is o.k. 8)

Edited once, last by Ibot39 ().

• I think he had EL34 too, but I wasn't that interested in the story and the amp - too many tubes and waaaaaay to loud :D
    I think buying your pack is way more comfortable! I think I will do that...

EDIT: I think I said I think too often. But I think that is o.k. 8)

Haha...And I think that this pack will be even better with the matching EVH 4x12 cab loaded with Celestion EVH speakers that it is on it's way to my studio this saturday!

• more of the blue channel with the marshall cab and of course the evh cab. skip the odds the amp doesn't need it. hit the gains at 9-12-3 o'clock and wide open with neutral eq. for lynch tones drop the mids to 9 o'clock and bump the low and high to 1-2 o'clock. also a cool setting on the blue was the bass at9-10 o'clock mids and highs at 1-2 with the gain at about 10 o'clock.

• more of the blue channel with the marshall cab and of course the evh cab. skip the odds the amp doesn't need it. hit the gains at 9-12-3 o'clock and wide open with neutral eq. for lynch tones drop the mids to 9 o'clock and bump the low and high to 1-2 o'clock. also a cool setting on the blue was the bass at9-10 o'clock mids and highs at 1-2 with the gain at about 10 o'clock.

Cool. These are the similar settings I use in the studio.

What about Resonance knob on the back?

• Cool. These are the similar settings I use in the studio.
    What about Resonance knob on the back?

i always found that was a tough setting for me. goofing off at home, i would dial them up to make the amp thump, live i ran them about 1/4 up, they can get boomy real quick into a pa or recording

• i always found that was a tough setting for me. goofing off at home, i would dial them up to make the amp thump, live i ran them about 1/4 up, they can get boomy real quick into a pa or recording

I tend to keep it at 1 o clock, so I don't think I'll mess with that knob too much.
    As far as I could see Van Halen has those Resonance knobs turned all the way up...haha

• I bought Cili!

I think that will be great Di´s with OD!

If possible the EVH tones from "new era" like Dont´t tell me, etc....

Cheers
    Alebas

• Anything merged would be great, but I wouldn't complain if there was never even an update. The pack was really well put together for this amp.

I have the EVH 4x12 cab and really like it, so it will great to see what you get.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Thanks man! Yes, that's my goal with the EVH cab when ot arrives at my place.

Anything merged would be great, but I wouldn't complain if there was never even an update. The pack was really well put together for this amp.
    I have the EVH 4x12 cab and really like it, so it will great to see what you get.

Hey, thanks man! It's great that you dig the pack. Definitelly need to spend more time to make a proper playthrough video.

What cab do you like the most in that pack?

Btw, I'll make a few merged with EVH cab for sure cause some players need merged more than others!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I got this Friedman for me! It's here to stay. So, cool pack and free updates as usual.

• EDIT: Forgot to mention that I got this Friedman for me! It's here to stay. So, cool pack and free updates as usual.

Yeah baby!!! Looking forward to another Friedman from you! :thumbup: