[CiliLab] - 40% off. Use code:564SVR

• If you hadn't said they use the same stuff I would believe they used different profiles. The first sounds darker, the second slightly more treble, or presence, and the third slightly more bright.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Very true and very interesting hearing the clips of it.

• Short demo of DizL V4 profiles in a rough mix and different styles.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah. Give them different pick they will sound even more different. I have heard some drastic differences in tone on exactly the same gear more often than not. All digital amps so far masked this a lot, except Kemper. I know a couple of people who never used a tube amp and it took them a quite long time to adjust to a tube amp/Kemper.

The best way to improve the tone is to practice more. That's all.

• New VH4 rigs sound great and fatter my friend, Ivan how do you update?

Are the rigs in the video new or am i missing some thing as usual :)

Metal demo 1

Pop Rock demo 1

Or are they just rigs from the pack already?

Sorry if obvious brother

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• I’m actually one of those people who just picks a profile and tweaks my playing to make it sound right rather than tweaking the profile :)

• So, I usually make profiles for the heavier side of music as some of you allready know.

But when I'm in a totallydifferent mood, I make something like this...

Kemper profiles made with Bogner Helios 100W amp, Neve 1037 & UAD Solo 610 mic preamps.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

New pack is getting ready!

• I’m actually one of those people who just picks a profile and tweaks my playing to make it sound right rather than tweaking the profile :)

Same. It's rare for me to touch anything. I really don't like tweaking, I dont trust my ears for very long at a time.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• So I had the first gig with a 5153 EL34 pack profile yesterday (profile name is 153 - 06 or sth IIRC) and it sounded absolutely brutal. I competed against two Engls, an Orange combo and some Bugera head. Frankly they also sounded good, especially the Engls (one of which was my bandmate's amp, so it was running at the same time as the Kemper) and although I love the sound of the PB2, I wouldn't have traded my Kemper with that 153 profile for gold. It sounded just so dope! I'll go with it as my 'standard' from now on. The clarity of the sound was just fantastic and, although this isn't related to the profile itself, I genuinely prefer no cab on stage to a massive miced up 412. To any amp on stage even, at least with regards to the small venues we play in. The sound just becomes so much clearer on stage and FoH, it could clearly be heard when the other band ran both 412s. Anyway, I've never been so happy with my sound!

• Exactly, Alan.

The ol' rule of thumb is that the quieter a band is on stage, the better it sounds out front.

In Symec's case, it's not just the volume IMHO, but the reduction of unnecessary lows from the guitar cab, making it clearer to hear for him and reducing the overall amount of interference creeping around on stage.

• The only problem we encounter with the “silent stage” is sometimes the front row are too far forward to get most of the sound from the PA. I’ve seen some bands getting a liitle bit through side fills to deal with this, even though they are in ears only.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• :thumbup:

karlic although this does make sense and should be taken care of with a fill of perfectionism, it does not really matter on the level I play at with my band. People where visibly having fun so the sound must have been sufficient ^^ if it was on a more professional level, but not enough to have venues that are small enough for people to stand close enough that the 'silent stage' problem becomes actual (if that makes any sense), I'd definitely try to cater to it.

• :thumbup:

karlic although this does make sense and should be taken care of with a fill of perfectionism, it does not really matter on the level I play at with my band. People where visibly having fun so the sound must have been sufficient ^^ if it was on a more professional level, but not enough to have venues that are small enough for people to stand close enough that the 'silent stage' problem becomes actual (if that makes any sense), I'd definitely try to cater to it.

I've noticed this at mid sized venues of 500 to 1,000 size particularly. The width of the pa speakers and people hard up against a stage means the sound is past them.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• The only problem we encounter with the “silent stage” is sometimes the front row are too far forward to get most of the sound from the PA. I’ve seen some bands getting a liitle bit through side fills to deal with this, even though they are in ears only.

Yeah, side-fill spill could be useful in that scenario.

If it's not there 'though, those centrally-placed peeps are gonna hear drums, the bass amp and guitar/s, but no vocals 'cause the wedges are rear-facing.

If this is the case, the mid drivers in the PA stacks can be angled slightly-inwards, but many (most?) don't bother. You wouldn't do it with the highs 'cause of their directionality, IMHO. Best to leave them facing 100%-forward to get the most from their minimal-dispersion characteristics, IMHO.