KPA Through Full Range P.A.

• Pre-Note: Love how the forum pops up other similar subject titles when creating a new post. Very useful tool. Hope I've not duplicated a previous, non-listed topic.

That said; I was able to connect my non-powered KPA to a full range P.A. (Cerwin Vega CVA-28 tops and CVA-118 bottoms) Friday night and it was glorious. How any FOH would not like (if not demand, hehe) this is way beyond me. I can definitely understand the need for stage fill, as well. I've been running my KPA into the FX RETURN on my Masters TVA30 with very good results, however, am really now questioning if I shouldn't be going more with a FRFR stage source. For this I'm leaning toward the Friedman or Yamaha brands.

Coincidentally, I took my Eleven Rack and the other guitarist plugged his POD HD500 into the same system. He's been a major naysayer of this route, especially with the POD (which he uses at least weekly in a live performance environment into an amp return), however, I did some preset making while he was playing and attained very usable results inside his POD direct. The Eleven Rack seemed to have some better "cabinet tone," while the KPA was just simply a whole other level better. As expected: it sounded exactly like an mic'd stage amp, felt great and was...again...glorious.

Anyway...just throwing out this experience.

• Hey
    I think the Friedman looks great, but it's not frfr. It's Full Range but not Flat Response (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Frfr is very different from the amp return but if you liked what you heard through the PA you will probably love frfr monitors
    ++

• Well, FRFR on stage makes sense mainly because (IMO) it makes you aware of what your audience hears. Also, the different directivity can improve the overall on-stage sound and experience, specially if it's a CLR :)