Atomic CLR Alternative

• Do people simply not check their spam folders? I find legit stuff in mine about once a month.

I run a business built on email... I'm all too familiar with that situation and I can assure you it wasn't in the spam or junk mail folders.

UPDATE: As I expected, Tom's email to me was lost somehow... not uncommon enough where digital communication means are involved. My forum post served it's purpose, Tom saw I was trying to reach him and I know he frequents a few forums. And for the future I am also interested in having alternate options with similar sound quality for a variety of reasons.

The good news, after taking it apart and looking it appears the dust cap is separating from the cone on the speaker. Tom offered to fix it no charge. This is the 2nd time he's taken care of me on stuff past the 1 year warranty.

Just wanted to let you all know that it was a typical case of email getting dropped or lost somewhere and, as usual, Tom stepped in and took care of it.

As I run an online business myself, I can appreciate what they go through in the customer service arena and I know it's a big challenge to find people who will do it well. I also know that the last thing Tom needs in a day is another person to call for a customer service issue... it's just not the best use of his time as a business owner.

The fact that he steps up and makes the phone call and takes care of things does speak volumes about their philosophy towards their customers. On the flipside they are obviously still a fairly small outfit so things may take some time. In my case that may not always work out but for many people it's not that big of a deal. I believe that they are on the right track and will get to the point where they can take care of more customers reliably and quickly, despite the inherent challenges with digital communication in general.

• Hey SB, would you mind chiming back in, in a few weeks just give us your thoughts after having owned it awhile? I'm deciding between the dxr10 and the asm12. Thanks!

The Friedman speaker sounded great at the gig.. I have officially made the switch to this speaker.. I will keep my Yamaha's around for backup, and they will get used at smaller gigs for FOH pa speakers as well when we run our own sound.

• The Friedman speaker sounded great at the gig.. I have officially made the switch to this speaker.. I will keep my Yamaha's around for backup, and they will get used at smaller gigs for FOH pa speakers as well when we run our own sound.

Nice! Thanks for the update :thumbup:

• This is partly why I use the dxr10. I can double it up as part of the foh system when needed or use it as monitor or back line. The flexibility is good and the sound is pretty good too. I think it's a good product, although am sometimes tempted by other options;)

• The only downside would be the size and weight of the Friedman.. But, to me, it's worth the trade off. I just got spoiled with the size and weight of the DXR10.

• This is partly why I use the dxr10. I can double it up as part of the foh system when needed or use it as monitor or back line. The flexibility is good and the sound is pretty good too. I think it's a good product, although am sometimes tempted by other options;)

The Friedman can also serve double duty, as a monitor and as FOH. Both are great options.

• I've got the Friedman, I've nothing to compare it too as its the only serious stage monitor I've used with the Kemper but works and sounds great to me. As someone said small downside at 52 lbs its only 3 lbs lighter than my 2X12.