Headphones output is awesome

• Hi everyone,

I'm really impressed with the Kemper headphones output. Sounds incredible. Clear and wide.

Now, I can't say the same when I plug my headphones to my sound interface (Apogee Duet 2). Is there a way to get the same sound quality via my interface as with the Kemper Headphones out?

I don't think it's the use of "space" parameter. Even when "space" is deactivated, monitoring via the Kemper still sounds better than through my interface. The Apogee headphones out sounds good when monitoring music coming from my computer.
    btw, I'm using the Kemper Master Output Left to Apoge Input 1, using 1/4 Inch Instrument cable (3 meters long). Would I benefit from using an XLR cable instead?

Another question... The Reference Manual says:
    "By pressing the “Headphone Space” soft button, you can select whether it is applied to the HEADPHONE OUTPUT only, or to the MAIN OUTPUTS as well."
    I don't see that feature on the Kemper (latest firmware).

• You're running a single cable to your interface? That's a mono signal. If you have any delay or reverb activated, you're hearing it in stereo through the KPA headphone out and mono through your interface. That will make a huge difference in how it sounds.

• Space will work on a stereo output only.

As for the interface's HPs out: what is its impedance? This might make a difference too.
    Another difference might come from its nominal output tension: if lower than the Profiler's it might give you the perception of a more limited frequency response (with similar positions of the volume knobs I mean).

HTH

• The impedance is basically the same. You could be able to find the nominal tension on the manual, but at this stage the above-mentioned difference between stereo and mono could be enough to explain the difference :)

• Ok, problem fixed. Thanks everyone, you guys rock!
    I'm now using 2 Instrument cables, with Main Output set to Master Stereo. Headphone Space ticked off (to get the space parameter in headhones AND main outputs).
    Glorious sound via my interface headphones out. Yessss!!!

• Space will work on a stereo output only.

I believe this isn't true. I tried it once with a single cable from the main outs (master mono --> stereo signal summed to mono) to my active CLR and it worked. I think Raoul is doing it the same way as he wants his personal monitoring with space.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I have to add: Of course the summed mono signal sounds different as a true stereo signal, but nevertheless the stereo effects can be heard mono as well.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• This might sound crazy but I have the Space effect set at 8 on the output menu for headphones plus i use Space at around 6 in the X effects slot as well
    Sounds huge with a touch of delay/reverb

• You're running a single cable to your interface? That's a mono signal. If you have any delay or reverb activated, you're hearing it in stereo through the KPA headphone out and mono through your interface. That will make a huge difference in how it sounds.

Ok, problem fixed. Thanks everyone, you guys rock!
    I'm now using 2 Instrument cables, with Main Output set to Master Stereo. Headphone Space ticked off (to get the space parameter in headhones AND main outputs).
    Glorious sound via my interface headphones out. Yessss!!!

These two simple instructions led me to solve my issue, which was the same stated at the start of this thread.

In particular, I kept forgetting to switch the input to stereo in my DAW.

• So this is going to sound lame but I have the stage profiler and I cant find these settings in it. The manual for the stage profiler doesn't appear to have that either. I am having the same issue and cant seem to figure out how to set Main Output to Master Stereo nor find the Headphone Space to tick off. Gah. Will just keep trying. Anyone out there know how to use the stage profiler to do this. I cant find help online for it. Also I am using two XLR outs from MAIN OUTS to Duet interface. That should be fine I think.

• So this is going to sound lame but I have the stage profiler and I cant find these settings in it. The manual for the stage profiler doesn't appear to have that either. I am having the same issue and cant seem to figure out how to set Main Output to Master Stereo nor find the Headphone Space to tick off. Gah. Will just keep trying. Anyone out there know how to use the stage profiler to do this. I cant find help online for it. Also I am using two XLR outs from MAIN OUTS to Duet interface. That should be fine I think.

press the OUTPUT button.

It’s all there. Couldn’t be simpler.

The main outputs are set to Master Stereo by default. Please download and read the main manual that covers every aspect of the Profiler operating system for all available models.

• Hi, allangreen.

So this is going to sound lame but I have the stage profiler and I cant find these settings in it. The manual for the stage profiler doesn't appear to have that either. I am having the same issue and cant seem to figure out how to set Main Output to Master Stereo nor find the Headphone Space to tick off. Gah. Will just keep trying. Anyone out there know how to use the stage profiler to do this. I cant find help online for it. Also I am using two XLR outs from MAIN OUTS to Duet interface. That should be fine I think.

Here you go.

? Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides ?

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos (videos) ?

? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

? Kemper FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Download Main Manual 8.5 English

Download the Kemper Rig Packs