G1 Productions Driftwood Profiles 30% off

• I bought these profiles two weeks ago and would recommend them, they sound tight and awesome. Of course now I wish I'd waited so I could get the discount.

I hate to ask this question, but based on your experience with these profiles would they be useful for styles other metal? I'm really after that 90's "Dual Rec era" sound and feel, but I am having a hard time finding decent profiles that aren't excessively tight sounding and feeling and boosted to the point of overkill. As awesome as the demo sounds, it's not the style I'm going for.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• Different amps this the full nightmare with kt88/6l6 mix but also has the KSR power amp on some profiles. The mbritt is a mini nightmare with different poweramp and transformers.

the amp itself has a 5150/slo100 vibe with Diezel EQ if that makes any sense. Different flavour to other amps/profiles.

• Just purchased these and i love their sound!
    Really really great mids!

And i can also highly recommend pairing the DI profiles of this pack with some Tonehammer cabs... Marshall fredman style or hesu cab for example.

• I hate to ask this question, but based on your experience with these profiles would they be useful for styles other metal? I'm really after that 90's "Dual Rec era" sound and feel, but I am having a hard time finding decent profiles that aren't excessively tight sounding and feeling and boosted to the point of overkill. As awesome as the demo sounds, it's not the style I'm going for.

For more loose metal, no, I don't think these profiles would fit well, they are pretty tight. For looser and less boosted, I suggest some of the TAF profiles - most of the metal amps that TAF profiles feel looser to me than the metal-oriented commercial profiles. Also CiliLab has some looser ones (e.g., their 5150).

• I bought these a ways back but only got to try them tonight. WOW. The combination profile might be the best profile I've ever tried. So tight and crunchy but not squeaky or harsh for leads. It's one of those magic profiles where it makes you sound like a better player than you actually are. Works in a variety of contexts. HIGHLY recommend these. They're all good, and for recording it's great to have the variety of mics. But the combination profile rules the roost.

• Being that I've been studying the diminished scale, I figured why not put together a demo of two of these profiles today? Using two profiles (left and right) from G1 Productions Driftwood Profiles for the Kemper:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

OK, mastered that demo. Fatter. :)

Edited 2 times, last by oozish ().

• Being that I've been studying the diminished scale, I figured why not put together a demo of two of these profiles today? Using two profiles (left and right) from G1 Productions Driftwood Profiles for the Kemper:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Guitars sound nice n squishy :)

• I bought these a ways back but only got to try them tonight. WOW. The combination profile might be the best profile I've ever tried. So tight and crunchy but not squeaky or harsh for leads. It's one of those magic profiles where it makes you sound like a better player than you actually are. Works in a variety of contexts. HIGHLY recommend these. They're all good, and for recording it's great to have the variety of mics. But the combination profile rules the roost.

Whey! So glad you enjoy the profiles dude! Thank you for such great feedback.

• Forgot I even bought these months ago, stumbled upon them messing in rig manager and found them dumped in a random folder by mistake.

Tried the direct with no TS the other day through my Marshall 1960A (g1275T). Amazing, tight but not ultra tight. Twinned it with the Tonehammer 1960AV merged cab. Just outstanding. Raised the mids by 0.8, raised the clarity to 2.3 perfect sound I hear in my head, now my go to profile for my main band.

Sounds very very similar to Steve Steven's distorted tone on Billy Idol VH1 Storytellers to me with the Tonehammer cab, a little detune, 8th note delay sitting low and a little hall verb so it can definitely do hard rock not just metal.

• Glad you like the tone Liam!!

Forgot I even bought these months ago, stumbled upon them messing in rig manager and found them dumped in a random folder by mistake.

Tried the direct with no TS the other day through my Marshall 1960A (g1275T). Amazing, tight but not ultra tight. Twinned it with the Tonehammer 1960AV merged cab. Just outstanding. Raised the mids by 0.8, raised the clarity to 2.3 perfect sound I hear in my head, now my go to profile for my main band.

Sounds very very similar to Steve Steven's distorted tone on Billy Idol VH1 Storytellers to me with the Tonehammer cab, a little detune, 8th note delay sitting low and a little hall verb so it can definitely do hard rock not just metal.