"Paste as alias" as in Mainstage

• Mainstage has this very handy feature which let's you copy-paste an amp sim or any plug-in as an "alias". This means that whatever changes you make to the original plug-in or any of the aliases, will affect the original and all the aliases.
    With Kemper this could be, let's say you have the same rig as a part of Solo patch in many different locations, for example in different performances. Then one day you notice that you could use a little more gain or mids or whatever. If you had copy-pasted the Solo rigs as aliases, you wouldn't have to change the settings on but one of the patches and it would affect all the patches, both the original and the aliases. This would save the trouble of going through all the patcher and saving them. This paste as alias feature could be used also for an effect or anything you can copy-paste.
    In Mainstage only the tempo and the fader volume are independent and don't follow the changes you make to other aliases.

• Great idea, but I would not want this to function by default. I love Performance mode because I can morph a single ring in as many different instances I want, and if everything was reverted to a single version when I edit the "source" file I would definitely start coursing like a Southern Italian (bad show, trust me) :D

So, since I understand that the function you're describing is precisely an optional behaviour, my question would be: how to remember, after months or years, what was an alias or, from another perspective, where all the aliases of a given rig are?

Trying to understand how to use this possibility :)

• Great idea, but I would not want this to function by default. I love Performance mode because I can morph a single ring in as many different instances I want, and if everything was reverted to a single version when I edit the "source" file I would definitely start coursing like a Southern Italian (bad show, trust me) :D

So, since I understand that the function you're describing is precisely an optional behaviour, my question would be: how to remember, after months or years, what was an alias or, from another perspective, where all the aliases of a given rig are?

Trying to understand how to use this possibility :)

On Mainstage you can choose whether to paste the patch normally or as an alias. And aliases are marked with a little arrow so you will know which one is alias which is not.

Of course this would be much easier to manage with an editor than from the Kemper's screen. If only there was an editor for Kemper...

I gave a little misinformation about the Mainstage: you can only copy-paste as alias the whole channel strip or Patch.

The paste as alias feature would be extremely helpfull and it would make the workflow faster. For example, now I have my main lead sound in 12 different performances. Only difference being that the tempo setting is different in different perfomances. Now, if I want to add a little bit of gain or sometihing, I have to repeat the tweaking and saving -process 12 times. If the 11 lead patches were aliases, I would only have to do it once. As I said before, on Mainstage the tempo and fader are independent, so they don't follow the changes.

• Yep, thanks, this was clear to me :)
    So you see the original patch name with the addition of an "Alias" mark, don't you?

Yes. And the all the changes, apart from the tempo and "master volume", will affect all the aliases and the original one, no matter whether you tweak the original, or the aliases.