Transpose Lag

• Anyone else noticed or possibly have tips for lag? I hardly notice it with a lot of gain but it wobbles and delays with cleans (possibly any deviation in intonation/tuning causes the wobble) Seems the lag is also a lot more noticeable the more I decrease the pitch ( I use it - for a 5FDP cover). I'm using it before the amp section. I found it more tolerable using single coils. Any tips would be great or just tell me it is what it is and I'll move on.

• anyways you get it there is a lag...call it the way you want: lag, or else.

it is impossible to have the guitar with transpose behave like there is no fx. it is physically impossible. now...we can discuss how short is this lag so that it can allow us to play fairly comfortably. I did a recording some hours ago with a trasposed siz string guitar a whole step down. the lag IS there and I have it right in the first position with no additional stomps after it.

my two cents....

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Can't answer your question sorry, but I'm not too fond of the transpose feature either, even with just a half step down. I mostly play single notes though.
    Would you guys use the transpose feature live (say to play a tune in E flat)?

• I use the transpose feature for 1 song live its Burn it to the ground by Nickelback which is is drop B. I tune my guitar to drop D then switch to my performance which is set for this song which has the transpose set to -3 I personally can feel/hear it but it doesn't affect me that much. Like Michael said above the latency is always going to be there, it's physics we can't change that but it certainly stops me from bringing another guitar to the gig for just one song lol

• as said in my post, I do it several time live..and I would say with great success. as said: it is fully playable, both single notes and/or chords but I can feel in my hand that the notes are not immediate as without it.

listen to this song of my album...

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I play my six string lowered to make it baritone. so e is now low b. the guitar you hear is of course mastered and cut of clashing frequencies. but it sure does sound convincing. I guess if I don' tell you would have guessed it was a 7 string guitar. and it is done with kemper transpose. I only feel the lag in my hands when playing it.

as I stated: i think it is physically impossible to have the transposed guitar respond as if 'normal' guitar

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music