THEAMPFACTORY NEWS!

• that's absolutely a loss.....might not cheer you up but I'm recording right now for 3 different projects and have discovered your diezel VH4 which might replace all that I have used so far and become the sole profile I use.

come back soon!

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I think my favourite profiles so far out of any are the Custom Wreck n Roll ones. Will be taking a close look at any final ones for sure and it's definitely a loss to have you stop

• Totally understand your decision mate and knowing you as I do I know you'll be one step ahead in whatever direction you go ....thanks for all the wonderful tones and best of luck in whatever you do ( it's not dad disco dancing classes .....is it !? )

• Thanks for all of your hard work over the years, Andy. You built an incredible brand that has always represented quality to me. I'm very sorry to see you scale it back but am glad it's not going away completely. Is The Cab Factory still moving forward? Seems to me the Amplifire and Helix are expanding the market for IRs, and I'm betting more products will include that functionality.

• I've been thinking about your predicament Andy, and I think your generosity has been your undoing. What I mean by that is your free profiles (those bundled with the Kemper and those on your site) coupled with the staggering amount of profiles included in your paid packs has left us all with all the profiles we'd likely ever need. At least those of us who haven't heard of let alone played through any of your offerings outside of the big manufacturers (Fender, Marshall et al). I admit that although I've been playing since age eleven and have spent a good portion of the time since then playing professionally, I've never really bothered to look beyond Marshall and Fender. The KPA has been an eye-opener for me in that sense, but it takes me a good long while to digest profile packs the size of which you so generously offer, meaning a fair time between purchases. Dang, I'm only just really getting to know the Rivera profiles I bought from you yonks ago!
    I look at MBritt's bite-sized mini packs and Guido's super-streamlined offerings and wonder if you couldn't continue along those lines; choice pickings from your sessions, the crème de la crème, if you like. It would help to not confuse new customers while maybe cutting down on your own time and efforts (although having observed your meticulous attention to detail on your live profiling sessions, that might not be the case ;) ).
    I hope you don't take offence to anything I've written here. Just know that it pains me to see you struggle to make it work when you are obviously so talented and dedicated. Anyway, good luck for the future, man. I'm still going to be carrying you around with me, so I won't say goodbye :)

• This is very sad news indeed.
    Personally I have had the impression that the market has indeed been saturated as of lately, like you said, Andy.

That said, you'll forever be a hero in the Kemper community and without your meticulous peer work the whole profiling wouldn't have reached the quality standard that Kemper users worldwide now have been accustomed to.
    Whatever it is, I hope I can support you in the future and I'm looking forward to your new offerings and what you're up to in general.

• Thanks all, your comments make me smile (despite the lump in my throat)

To Sam, I get it totally, But Im a victim of my own doing. - TheAmpFactory was NEVER meant to get this big.. (Currently 32132 Users on my database) so running costs of having a larger site starts to rapidly grow. - My own source of "inhouse" advertising was strong, but again costs are now extreme, the more users, the more bandwidth we use, and therefore the more things cost. - don't get me wrong, this is awesome! and IM SUPER PROUD of what I have done. but ultimately, cost vs profit does not add up so well these days : (

Im a victim, because I started strong, and people took notice, rightly or wrongly threw amps at me.. manufactures, stores, collectors, friends, the neighbors dogs.. etc. so I was machine, it was all new exciting and damn right cool!. - now however. - Its about recycling the same amps, trying to do something different. and that's sort of not so cool!. - Ive always believed that Profiling is an ART form, and like writing a song.. - If you got nothing to say.. don't do it!. - this is the point now. - People just don't want to buy them : ) Simply put when enough is enough!

Ive always Been SUPER busy, for those on here that have met me in real life, you know how hectic my work schedule is!. now Ive always wanted to do SO much more with TAF site. - DO MY OWN videos, sort the site so it reads correctly, do tutorials, tweeking videos, show people how to get the best out of them.. educate people etc. and most importantly.. ACTUALLY get to enjoy the things Ive created!.

So I'm not saying no to more profiling in the future. - but Its not something I cant prioritize at the moment.. (I wish I could) but least you know now why!. - Im now here for my customers, will make & design a new website that is super slick & cool! (it looks amazing already at early stages) Help people, and offer advise and support whenever I can.

I'll still Honor this new pack (that is simply stunning) and super proud that (and super sad) that I found the golden ticket sort of too late.... but as they say... SAVE the best till last..have the last dance... etc. right?
    EDIT: The new pack details can be found here http://www.theampfactory.com/f…0d1c45d3df1649f5c68a#p487

Love you guys!!

• Hi Andy, Your profiles took the Kemper to a higer level... thank You for Your GREAT work and also for the many excellent free profiles You shared with the KPA community ! :thumbup:

• Sad news, but I fully understand the reasons, the market for profiles is saturated now and there are so many profiles available. In "real life" nobody would use 100 amps, I just sorted out my profiles and kept only the best of the best.

Nevertheless I really love the newest profiles of Andy, the WEM is incredible, my 2 favourite clean profiles (Andy's '59 Bassman and Armin's '57 Deluxe) now got a WEM-brother. ;)

I was thinking of profiling my amps in a commercial way, too, but I decided to do the profiles just for my own usage. There is so much work involved if you sell profiles commercially, just to care for the website and the customers, it's not my cup of tea. I prefer to compose and produce my own music and my private life gets more and more important the older I get.

Anyway all the best for the future !!!! :thumbup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Hey Andy
    Thanks for everything
    The Kemper wouldn't be what it is today without you
    You also posted tons of informative and helpful posts on this forum
    Hope to see you back soon
    Matt

• My best wishes Andy :)
    Since you'll just basically stop producing as many profiles and packs as you used to, you might make good use of this section of the forum to present your (old) packs to the new users, one by one. Just open a new thread for each of them! The comments of your customers and friends would certainly help pushing them back up.

I believe that one of the reasons less profiles are sold nowadays is that people buy what seems to be more recent, and more talked about. If a great pack of the past was introduced, commented and demo-ed again, potential buyers' interest would be triggered again.

Anyway, glad to still have you around mate! :)

• .... but as they say... SAVE the best till last..have the last dance... etc. right?
    EDIT: The new pack details can be found here http://www.theampfactory.com/f…0d1c45d3df1649f5c68a#p487

Love you guys!!

Holy Moly Andy

The Amp list in this pack is like the rock-n-roll hall of fame of greats amps :) ..... seriously astounding:-

-Chandler GAV 19, Fender Champ (54), EvilRobot, Vox AC30 TB (64), TwoRock Bi-Onyx, H&K Statesman, Fender Twin (72), Fuchs Train 45, Mesa Boogie Rectifier, Friedman DirtyShirly, Cornell Romany Plus, Marshall Jubilie 2225, ENGL E646, Mesa Lonestar Special, Blackstar Artisan 30, Fender Super (68), WEM Dominater MK3 (74), Fender Bassman 100 (71), Marshall JCM800, Marshall JTM45, Silvertone (78), Orange Matamp, Soldano SLO100, ToneKing Metro ........... plus the fact that you say these will all be done in an all new Profiling system ......

I and my wallet are looking forward to it !!

And all the best for your future endeavours.

Ben

PS: And as you wrote .... you could not be more correct ..... I did a show a few days ago with my Tele and KPA and CLR ........ I spent the entire night [ 2 1/2+ hours of classic / hard / modern rock ] on only 4 pre-sets which were in turn based on only 3 profiles ...... the only other things I did was to (a) kick in a delay and/or wah when needed, and (b) ride the guitar volume up/down when needed ........ that's it .... absolutely and literally nothing else ...... short of ultra-hard-rock and metal ..... there is nothing tonally I could not cover with just those 3 profiles.

Edited 2 times, last by benifin ().

• What sad news! :(

I have to say, I've been - and continue to be - supremely satisified with the profiles I've bought from you @and44. From the Custom shop AC30 to the Victory Pack to the Vintage & Rare pack. All wonderful profiles that I use.

Looking forward to your last blow out pack, and I wish you the best of luck in your projects going forward.

you might make good use of this section of the forum to present your (old) packs to the new users, one by one. Just open a new thread for each of them! The comments of your customers and friends would certainly help pushing them back up.

I believe that one of the reasons less profiles are sold nowadays is that people buy what seems to be more recent, and more talked about. If a great pack of the past was introduced, commented and demo-ed again, potential buyers' interest would be triggered again.

I agree 100%.
    Leave your British understatement behind for once and promote the impressive legacy of your work a bit more. ;)

• Hey Andy, sad news indeed, and I just wanted to thankyou for providing so many amazing profiles, and the excellent help.. When I first got my kemper I got like 4 or 5 of your packs and you kindly gave a discount, thanks so much.

I haven't bought any recently partly due to having way too many profiles, way more than I need, and not using the kemper as much recently.
    Best of luck with your future plans!
    Garry