THEAMPFACTORY NEWS!

• Sad news indeed, Andy. You're not only the first commercial 3rd-party profil developer, you released some of the very best profiles ever and you probably helped selling lots of Kempers. I know some people that bought a Kemper and were underwhelmed with the factory Rigs but fell in love after I pointed them to your website.

But I also see your point. You have covered practically every interesting amp on the planet and the market is pretty much saturated. Most people will find profiles for their personal holy grail sound already and probably most of the time among your offerings. So I can understand your thoughts about it, it's only so much you can do with an amp.

Anyway, you provided me with some of my personal holy grail sounds. Being able to have profiles of Paul Kossoffs very own Selmer (that could be the one he recorded the ARN solo with), Mark Knopflers Trainwreck, Gilmours HiWatt, still give me goose bumps.

You also did most of the Fender brownfaces, which are my favourite vintage Fenders and got overlooked most of the time. You brought me back the '62 Deluxe that I sold two years bevore I got my Kemper. And you brought me a Vibrolux, that was the amp I was looking for and couldn't afford and got aforementioned Deluxe instead. Now I have both in my Kemper, it's a blast.

Thanks for all your work and good luck with your future projects.

• ............................ Being able to have profiles of Paul Kossoffs very own Selmer (that could be the one he recorded the ARN solo with), Mark Knopflers Trainwreck, Gilmours HiWatt, still give me goose bumps.

Didn't know about the Kossoff amp. Will deffo investigate further. Thanks :)

• Didn't know about the Kossoff amp. Will deffo investigate further. Thanks :)

Neither did Andy when he profiled it ;)

That was a funny thing. I requested a profile of a Selmer Treble and Bass since they are very hard to come by in Germany and I always wanted one to see if the rumours were correct, that Kossoff used a Selmer on the Allright Now lead. That solo sounds completely different from his usual stuff which was all done with early Marshalls. And even he couldn't reproduce that sound on stage, it always sounded like, well, a Marshall. So there had been ongoing rumours he used a Selmer T&B on that particular track.

Andy went out of his way to source a Selmer and did a great profile that captures the very special attack/transient portion of that amp that I can hear in the ARN-lead as well. That gave it away for me, it's THE portion of the sound that a Marshall is missing. To nail the original sound I did swap cabinets and use a Marshall cab I lifted from one rig in Andy's Marshall pack. Also keep in mind that this song was remixed in the 90s and there was loads of treble added to the guitar parts. The version you usually hear in AOR radio is the remix and sounds nothing like the original. To compare the sound I used the original single version which has a much darker guitar sound.

Anyway, that was the first part of the story. I was happy, Andy was happy because he liked the Selmer for other great sounds either.

I was only much later when Andy discovered that this very Selmer amp was owned by Kossoff back in the day and is now resting in a museum. The theory behind the ARN solo now made even more sense ;)

• Those were the days.... I miss those. - they were fun, and exciting. - I find some of the History fascinating in some amps, Some of which I now own!.. I mean crikey. I own the Marshall cab that Hendrix used day in day out!. - I own the Vox that Beatles played through.. Fender that started it all with Clapton.. WEM of Gilmour etc etc.... - sometimes the history matters more than what it actually is.

Ive been on many a journey since starting TAF, - Ive been told many stories, and witnessed & profiled some of the finest amps in history, that NORMALLY no-one will ever have the chance to play. - Documented in time for all to enjoy once more!. - This right here is what still amazes me today with the kemper...you'd think that after the run ive had I'd be done with the whole "oooh of profiling".. but every-time its new.. and every time its different..

....With Vintage.. they cant remain, for a Legend is reborn!! - TAF -2011-2015

• I own the Marshall cab that Hendrix used day in day out

Just out of curiosity: Is that the one that is usually labeled as "Basketweave" in the tags of your profiles? I've noticed that "Baskeweave" cab sounds a bit different from an usual Marshall cab.

• Thanks Andy! That cab is in pretty good shape considering Hendrix used it ;)

And those Celestion alnico are very rare. I don't remember ever seing one of those in Germany at all. All the cabs I've come across are '67 and later when some german stores began importing them and they all would have either the 25 or 30 watt ceramic. But those early gems never made it over here. Maybe some collectors bought into them in recent years but poor musician can't get them that way either.

That's the great thing about the Kemper: It puts those legendary amps and cabs back into the hands of working musicians.

• Well I took the best bits. - the rear is a bit of a disaster. and the photo does not reveal all the tolex being riped off on the bottom & sides. - lets say the Photo makes it look great condition : )

Yup the Alincos are very rare, and is what makes this cab so so unique. - they started to manufacturer ceramic in 65, so was then replaced by that going forwards. - but they had no appeal or warmth that the Alinco's did. - I CANT stand modern Marshall cabs. - they are awful sounding.

For the record, I alwasy chosoe a Alinco Speaker for anything I do personally.. All of my fav tones/speakers happen to be them.. Blue, Gold, BlackNBlue, Vintage Celestion etc...

• I recently found a great website about vintage cabs and speakers, you might enjoy as well:

http://www.bygonetones.com/

There is so much info about all the little details I never knew, really great readings. I recetly spent the better part of an evening with a bottle of wine and brosing that website.

Thank you for the recommendation. This is a great source of knowledge.

• Sad to read this, i have almost every proflie made by TAF(im going to buy the last one too).
    I don't have any doubt that TAF profiles sold a lot of kemper units, so it's a shame that things end like this.

Still It's totally comprehensible, the profile market as changed a lot in these last years and competition is a lot bigger now(and some do a great job also) and the profits i imagine became a lot smaller.

Tks for your work Andy, you really did a great service to Kemper these last years. Because in the end while the Kemper is fantastic it will only shine if you have really great profiles to use with the unit.And Andy, your profiles were(are) amazing.

Again thank you for your stupendous works Andy, you were a true pioneer!

[Blocked Image: http://replygif.net/i/565.gif]

• Like a lot of folk here the TAF were the first profiles I bought - there'll also be the next ones I buy with the release of this last pack.
    Very best of luck to you Andy - you're a top pro and a real gent to deal with!

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs