THEAMPFACTORY NEWS!

• Andy, thank you for all those great profiles and your hardwork alongside with your kindness.

It's been always a pleasure to buy and use your profiles both on stage and at the studio.

Good luck with the new things!

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

• Terrible news! I use mostly TAF amps. Thanks for your contributions.

Maybe you can introduce a subscription model (a-la Spotify etc) instead of a purchase model? Will make it more sustainable, if it takes.

• There's plenty of literature out there (just Google subscription based business strategy) on why it works. In the case of TAF, I think replacing the existing model one-on-one with subscription will probably not work, there has to be a modification of overall strategy and productization.

But anyway, it was just a suggestion in case Andy wants to look at it. Will just stop now to avoid thread drift.

• Andy's profiles are what sold me on the KPA. I played the stock at work when it first arrived (I send packages to my job for any required shipping signatures) and was afraid the KPA was just another 11R with a few better profiles, but for the price, I was worried I'd return it in a week.

I got home, bought a TAF bundle like people said to do on the forums and was "Oh F$#@ Yeah, this thing ROCKS!"

Sure, there are many great profilers out there, but Andy is still tops and relevant, so I hope he keeps his site active as long as the Kemper is an active product.

I have no doubt that his efforts went a long way in bringing the earlier-than-expected success for Kemper. For me, I can't think of the Kemper independently from TAF, so it will be strange his having stopped. But maybe, if he's still using the Kemper, he'll occasionally have a one-off product to throw at us.

Aside of the profiles, Andy has been entirely generous and non-proprietary with sharing what he uses, how he does it in the studio, and how I can better use mics, press, setup, etc for what I have in mine to get better results. Try getting that kind of help from any professional studio engineer for free? He's been such a great and selfless member of the community and I'm sure that will continue if you're not afraid to PM him.

I'm not sad, just glad he was there at the right time when I needed him! You have to be grateful for the good things in life, and Andy was a big part of the last 3 years for me, all good. How can that be a sad thing?

You're the best, Andy, and I look forward to hearing about your next big venture if you're willing to share!

• Terrible news! I use mostly TAF amps. Thanks for your contributions.

Maybe you can introduce a subscription model (a-la Spotify etc) instead of a purchase model? Will make it more sustainable, if it takes.

I don't see how that could work. Someone could subscribe for one month, download everything, then cancel.

Maybe if the subscription model was "every month/week I'll mail you one of my profile packs" - like one of those christmas calendars with candy in 'em!

• Andy , I wish you all the best ,but sorry, I don't accept your Goodbye :D
    70 % if not 80% of profiles in my Kemper are yours,so from my point of view, you are going nowhere ....
    There is still lots of things to do....

Anyway, thanks for the amazing profiles, which have made me much better guitarist than actually was .

Cheers,
    Zoran

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• What can I say that hasn't already been said - TAF profiles are amongst my very favourites and the ones I generally use all the time now - Andy you are clearly a very talented individual - it is an art and a skill to create such wonderful profiles and I wish you the best of luck in your future ventures. I look forward to purchasing more profiles from your site as time goes on - like a good amp they are timeless.

• There was a thread a while back where some were wondering if there would be a Kemper product that would not have the ability to profile. Just a player, if you will.
    Maybe that should have been one of the 2 designs from the word go.
    One that just plays and the other that profiles too.
    Charge a premium for the profiler version since it could very well have been a for profit business selling profiles.

Maybe the right pricing of the hardware would have kept the market smaller and we wouldn't have had such a flood of useless rigs to swim through.
    It could have evened out and made both sides happy.......maybe.
    On the one hand the players only crowd could have gotten the less expensive more economical model with some presets and the ability to buy more quality rigs.
    While the more expensive profiling version could have kept the market from becoming over saturated yet still a money making business.

Or....... Kemper could have just sold players and kept the profiling in house and had himself a store.

All of this is just looking at it as business standpoint.
    Not that I know it would have worked, but it seams it might in my head.

I personally would have been fine with either business model. I will never profile but I would like access to quality rigs without swimming through a bunch of repeats and or trashy rigs.
    I really do not enjoy demoing through all of the rigs in the exchange any more. Too much fill.
    I am not sure if I will ever buy any more commercial rigs or not. Probably not. I have bought some that were pretty good but also some that totally sucked.
    Either way I pretty much stuck with a handful of my picked rigs early on.

Now what I would like would be more of a per band/ song matching type rig lineup. That would awake my interest again.

• Mhhh... Don't know, really.
    Apart from the professional users, i believe that the "social" aspect of profiling has been one of the reasons of kemper's success among the average players. Also, there are great free profiles available :)

OTOH, I don't know any digital amp of which I like most patches. The fact that you use a rig and it doesn't sound at all like the clip you have heard should suggest that profiles - in general - are not crap: they are just what their authors profiled, and they liked them for their goal, instrument, ears.

I think that selling a Player and a Profiler (which would have marginal differences in terms of hardware) from day one would have meant a much slower ROI, since the Player should have been priced by far less than the Profiler. On the contrary, the Profiler paid for itself because everyone had to buy "the secret sauce", even for just using existing profiles.
    :)

• ;(
    Really sad !!
    I'm just recording our new CD with some of your awesome Marshall-Rig Pack-Profiles
    They are "state of the art" for me.
    And I had been looking forward to purchasing Direct Amp Profiles for my live-performance.
    All the best for you !!
    Take care

• Just got Bundle 10 this weekend.

At first I was wondering if I truly needed MORE distortion, you know what I mean?

Well, this pack added more unique distortion amps for sure. But the FUZZ variety on so many amps for my single coils created a whole new area that I've not seen for the Kemper before. I'm not a fan of the KPA Fuzz, so profiled Fuzz in such variety is a whole niche in itself in this pack. Totally didn't expect that, and quite happy about it.

It's a monster pack, and a shame it's the last. Here's to hoping he gets a rare amp in and just can't avoid profiling it for us!

• wow, saddens me greatly. Not only were your profiles my favorites but you and your support were one of the driving forces behind me coming back to kemper

I'm certain that Andy will still be there for his customers, if and when they need him. His farewell here doesnt mean he's quitting altogether and shutting up shop, but that he's not going to be concentrating on profiling and packaging his bundles any longer, which must be terribly time consuming. Send him an email Jack, I'm sure he'll be better at explaining his situation.

• Well, to be fair, he did kind of blow the curve.

Now everyone can breathe a sigh of relief that you can be just a normal profiler and not have all this pressure to be GREAT!

lol