Passive FRFR speaker with a cabinet form factor

• I know (really!) this has been discussed a lot...and I read most of it :)

I only ask forum members to answer this who actually own and use what they recommend.

I am using the Kemper (power head) since 2 years with Yamaha DXR-10.
    Like the sound in general. Don't like the form factor, visual appearance on stage. Don't like the additional power cable.

I am know looking for another (or additional..... we'll see) speaker.

I want:

• a "traditional" guitar cabinet form factor (1x12 size)
    • passive FRFR speaker (capable of handling the Kemper power heads 600W)
    • Ability to purchase in Germany (and having a German warranty)

Atomic, Mission, Matrix all have a weak distribution in Germany (neither local Munich stores nor Thomann carry them).

Any recommendations?

Thanks a lot!

Rainer

• Blueamps? Made in Germany I believe and I think the owner is on here - Gitarrenschlumpf

I know you said they don't have good distribution in Germany but my Matrix FR212 is brilliant. Looks great, reasonably light weight and sounds glorious. They ship straight from their webstore too.

• The Matrix Q12 (passive) arrived and I tested it over the weekend. It is sounding great! There is a huge difference comparing DXR 10 and Matrix especially for distorted sounds.
    The 12" speaker moves more air. Sounds like my good old Tube amps with guitar cabinets.
    And it is sooo convenient to use the built in Kemper Poweramp.

You might see me DXR-10 for sale soon....

• Hi all, bumping this to check on your experience withthe passive Q12. I just got a trade offer for it. how do you like it so far? Is it loud enough for live situations? Do you like it better than a traditional cab? Cheers

• I've been using the Matrix CFR wedge. Mostly in my studio. This weekend jamming with a full band and I'll report back. I'm pretty sure it has the same specs as the CLR.

I prefer the look of the Matrix over Atomic. I wish there was a video comparison on YouTube somewhere.
    So far it sounds great and it's super light when I'm hauling it around, huge plus for me.

• I prefer the look of the Matrix over Atomic. I wish there was a video comparison on YouTube somewhere.

@guenterhaas and I did one a while ago.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks guys. I´ve been wanting to get some information on these passive FRFRs.

I've been using the Matrix CFR wedge. Mostly in my studio. This weekend jamming with a full band and I'll report back. I'm pretty sure it has the same specs as the CLR.

I prefer the look of the Matrix over Atomic. I wish there was a video comparison on YouTube somewhere.
    So far it sounds great and it's super light when I'm hauling it around, huge plus for me.

For what I could tell, the main difference between the Q12 and the CFR is the form factor, right?

I think the guy who offered me a trade is coming over tonight, so I will have the chance to try it out...