Helix Side By Side with Kemper

• I like the Helix and sold my KPA. That´s why I´m not allowed to post anything in the members forum anymore. ?( By the way, this is my XTC-like sound of the Helix. The guitar is a Luke II BFR on bridge humbucker. No post-processing via the DAW.

http://www.blueamps.de/wp-content/uploads/Bogner-Helix.wav

Well, that's probably because the new owner has registered the serial so now you cannot post anymore in the private forum.
    I like the sound, even if i ear it being too much compressed.

• I like the Helix and sold my KPA. That´s why I´m not allowed to post anything in the members forum anymore.

I hope you are joking. If this is true it shows new rules must be introduced. Long time members have helped this community to become what it is now, Gitarrenschlumpf is certanly one of them!

• I hope you are joking. If this is true it shows new rules must be introduced. Long time members have helped this community to become what it is now, Gitarrenschlumpf is certanly one of them!

Access to the member's (or owner's) forum is linked to the serial number on the KPA physical unit. If he sold his KPA, then the new owner should be entitled to register that serial number in order to access the member's forum, shouldn't they? In that case, Guitarrenschlumpf's username won't be linked to the serial anymore, hence the lockout. It's obviously nothing personal.

• Just introduce a new form of membership for people who were important for the development of the Kemper and helping out forum members intensly: The Honorable Member.
    Again: Gittareschlumpf is one of them.

• I think the head is so damn fugly... The rack is no beauty either, but a lot better. And if I want to add for example a power amp later it is much easier with the rack!

well, not really. With the Head you can add a retrofit amp wich will not take further room... An option I and many others have used ;)

[/quotproperly

I know, it´s not personal. But there are some threads every day where I could help out, but I´m not allowed to. That´s the game.

I feel you! I spent my first year on this forum working on the wiKPA and could only read, and post in the public forum, because I did not own a Profiler yet... :/

• I like the Helix and sold my KPA.

:D :D :D

External Content www.dailymotion.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hey Ralphez greetings from Mazarron, i brought my KPA over with me as its a family member now. I have been on to the team about a stand alone unit for ages as HEAD + FCB is a pain to set up and cart around compared to my old GT-100 to p.a. and sometimes Tech21 power engine, I mean it should be easy to do, there is virtually nothing in the KPA units apart from a single board and the FC is much the same , I am tempted to try Helix but my experience with all L6 units has been bad so far , the harshness and non-feel was awful in fact i used my Vox S.E for years as preferred to
    them, The KPA has that amazing spongy" connection with you fingers that makes you play above your weight , it all comes down to what gigs you do mainly and small bar,club,restaurant stuff needs compact gear, the profiles available for it also kill the competition, I'm loving those mike britt ones, but the Bad Kitty" set is also superb and that ACE 03 is pure brian may , so maybe ???

• Sound is not the criteria for most guitarists here its FEEL" does the helix feel springy and nice? or its like playing barbed-wire like some of the L6 pedals I've tried, the sounds are close-ish KPA a little more organic in tone but if it don't feel right then no way jose" anyway I have a KPA so maybe GAS can be ignored 8)

• Hi Angello, and greetings to you too, "Murciano" mate ;)

Maybe we can try putting the Kemper board inside GT100 chasis and make a great Boss profiler frankemperstein. Of course, serial number will be legit and valid for Kemper and Boss/Roland forums.

Pd: i like the Tonelab better than Line 6 HD series also. Actually im using Roland Vg-8 for for some direct to pa situations. Very old unit, but easily cut thru the mix in a live situation.

• I don't know whether the KPA and Helix were both tweaked to sound alike, but they sounded extremely close. I'd be interested to see a video of someone dialing in a match using the Helix, though. Like the Axe, you can do it but it might take awhile. And like the Axe, I'd like to hear those presets in a mix. Compare mixes using the Axe and Helix to the Kemper. That's the one thing I'll say about the Kemper, 9 times out of 10 it sounds totally cohesive in a mix. Typically, the guitars in Axe and Helix mixes don't sit quite right. I mean, to the untrained ear they're fine, but to someone who listens to pro mixes on a regular basis and applies a higher level of scrutiny, the blending is off. Kemper might not have the versatility of the Axe or Helix, but it captures the quality of tube amps to perfection and to me that's worth a lot more than what it costs.

To have the ability to call up a profile that truly replicates practically every nuance of a mic'd amp with no fuss or tweaking is amazing. Yes, I'm a bit biased toward the Kemper's amp tones, but I own an Axe FX II XL+, so it's certainly not due to some sort of post-purchase rationalization. The Axe has awesome effects, but the modeling can require some real tweaking to capture the same level of realism as the Kemper. I suspect the same is true of the Helix.