Name cabinet preset from cabinet name tag

• A small one but it would be really nice if a soft button could be used when saving a cabinet preset that allowed the cabinet name from its tags to be used, a bit like naming slots in performance mode where you can take the rig name and use it for a slot.

• For now, you could use the copy&paste feature:

When you're editing the Cabinet Name tag, press COPY (this copies the cabinet name to the clipboard), when you store the preset, just press PASTE when you're entering the preset name.
    The Tag-Clipboard holds the last 10 tags copied. By repeating pressing PASTE you're switching through the last (up to 10) copied tags.

• I push "copy" when I'm in the cabmenue, then I push "store" and "cab only" and then I want to push "paste" but that doesn't work (the button isn't lit) am I supposed to be in the tag-view to be able to paste?

• I push "copy" when I'm in the cabmenue, then I push "store" and "cab only" and then I want to push "paste" but that doesn't work (the button isn't lit) am I supposed to be in the tag-view to be able to paste?

exactly. you need to have a tag selected or to be in the process of naming to copy - the same applies to pasting.

what you are doing is actually copying the CABINET. This used to paste it to a Direct Amp profile to create a Merged profile.

hth

• When you push "store" and "cab only" you're not storing the cab from the clipboard but from the rig. I assume that this action is clearing the clipboard. But with the above mentioned actions the cab gets stored anyway so you can apply it to another rig by simply browsing the cab pool. Second way: Copy a cab but don't press store. Then you can paste it in another rig. Of course the cab then isn't stored separately in the cab pool but it will be there all the time because it's part of a rig.

Edit: Sorry. Just saw, that the thread is about tags.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)