Need advices on tremolo bridge adjustment!

• I have a custom super strat with a classic two post tremolo bridge. I would like to have the smoothest easiest tension and feel as possible so what is the rule?

Less stiff springs or more soft springs? Because if I put soft springs I will have to tense them more so at the end what is the difference?

Thanks for your inputs!

• How much springs are in there? If three, try two. Try different positions too, like: | | or \ /
    But I think that the tension is not only related to the springs. It has something to do with string gauge and scale length too (and who knows what else).

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I had three springs and tried to keep only two in paralell and it's a lot better. I don't have real problems to stay in tune but I'm looking for the easiest and smoothest feel. The trem is a Hipshot so not bad at all.

I'll check the video for sure! :)

Thanks guys!

• theres a video from carl verheyen
    how to setup a regular Strat Trem, this works like charm and stays in tune
    the only way i got a Trem tow work as it should
    try it

Thanks digbob! This video is a must see for everyones! It's sooo easy and it works perfectly. I use only two springs and it's amazing! Exactly what I was looking for! :thumbup:

• here

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• here

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Awesome, thanks!

• Guys, I can't get this Verheyen thing to work on my Music Man Luke II, which has a vintage vibrato as well. I can get the G-string exactly a minor third up to A# when bending upwards, but then C# and F on the B- and e-string are way too sharp. Or I can get exactly the F on the e-string, but then C# and A# on B- and G-string are flat. I've tried a lot for about two hours yesterday, including springs in different positions, but I'm running out of ideas now...

Any suggestions?

• While it works perfectly well on my Strat and my super Strat (both with two posts trem) it doesn't work as well on my PRS which already has a very good tremollo system that seems to work better set paralell to the top of the body. Musicman guitars are probably in a similar boat.

• Two posts? Does that mean the bridge is fixed with two screws? If yes, the Luke's bridge is fixed with two screws as well.

I guess what I'm looking for is a correct starting point for adjusting the claw. Or maybe it's simply impossible to have correct up-bending intervals on all three strings at the same time.

• Yeah, could be. Don't know about the neck length of the Luke but the scale lenght is 25-1/2" (64.8 cm), which is the same as a strat (I guess). Frets there are 22.

To be clear regarding the "correct starting point" I've mentioned above: A starting point could be to leave the claw parallel at the beginning and first bring the bridge to a position where you can bend the G-string up to A# (or the B-string to C# or the e-string to F) and then start to angle the claw. But I don't know if this could be a correct starting point and if it is with which string to start. Or am I wrong and it must be another starting point?