Speakers for a powered Kemper

• I just recently got myself a powered Kemper head and looking for a compact 1x 2 speaker for my setup to get best tone for home practise and band rehearsals. Should I go with a standard guitar cab like Mesa 1X12, or FRFR cabs or something like a yamaha DXR 10? Is there any tonal and feel difference using a passive and active FRFR since I already using a powered head. Would like to hear some opinions. Im looking at some Mission Engineering Gemini, Atomic CLR, Matrix, Yamaha DXR or perhaps studio monitors to get the amp feel or any other recommendations. Thanx!!

• Should I get the passive or active since I got the powered head?

Passive. Active means nothing else than "powered." (Don't know if there are active speakers where the poweramp can be turned of though.)

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

Passive. Active means nothing else than "powered." (Don't know if there are active speakers where the poweramp can be turned of though.)

Could it be speaker output to a passive speaker and monitor out and main out to an active speaker? Correct me if Im wrong

• Could it be speaker output to a passive speaker and monitor out and main out to an active speaker? Correct me if Im wrong

You're right. That said, in active speakers like the active CLR its poweramp fits the speaker like a glove and is often the most preferred option (albeit more expensive).
    I'm mainly using active FRFR speakers (DXR 10 and CLR) although I own 2 powered profilers.

• Hi- I use a 2x12 guitar cap with my Power rack. DI profiles sound the best.
    I also have a powered Atomic CLR that is by far the best FRFR but I still pefer the guitar cab. Good luck

• You're right. That said, in active speakers like the active CLR its poweramp fits the speaker like a glove and is often the most preferred option (albeit more expensive).
    I'm mainly using active FRFR speakers (DXR 10 and CLR) although I own 2 powered profilers.

Ingolf, just out of curiosity: Why would one pay for a (two) powered KPA then? ?(

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Ingolf. Which do you prefer? The Atomic CLR or Yamaha DXR 10? Why didnt you get a passive speaker since your kemper are powered?

Hi- I use a 2x12 guitar cap with my Power rack. DI profiles sound the best.
    I also have a powered Atomic CLR that is by far the best FRFR but I still pefer the guitar cab. Good luck

What 2 x12 cabs are you using? I have a Carvin Legacy 2x12 cabinet with V30s. The results even with DI profiles are a bit muffled and hard to tell apart different high gain profiles. Read some similar results with V30s speakers. I also have a pair of Mackie Mr6mk3 monitor speakers and the results are not that satisfying as well. I dont get the amp feel and the kick.

• [quote='Ingolf','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/25652-Speakers-for-a-powered-Kemper/?postID=264601#post264601'][quote='ghostopera','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/25652-Speakers-for-a-powered-Kemper/?postID=264549#post264549'][quote]
    Ingolf, just out of curiosity: Why would one pay for a (two) powered KPA then? ?(

Different use cases, that's all.
    Overall, i much prefer to play over an active FRFR.
    But sometimes I want to be able to drive my conventional guitar cab, if only for to hear how a rig sounds over my Greenback.

• Ingolf. Which do you prefer? The Atomic CLR or Yamaha DXR 10? Why didnt you get a passive speaker since your kemper are powered?

I have said many times that, whle the CLR is superior in clarity and I like to do all my tweaking with it, for playing live the DXR 10 works great for me, and for this use case I prefer its smaller form factor.
    So there's no absolute preference but different use cases.

• Different use cases, that's all.
    Overall, i much prefer to play over an active FRFR.
    But sometimes I want to be able to drive my conventional guitar cab, if only for to hear how a rig sounds over my Greenback.

Makes sense :)

• Hi!

I use 2x Camper plus cabinets which you can either use as FRFR or GRFR from a modified Kemper rack with 2x 180W 8 Ohm stereo built in power amp.
    Sounds great!!

Cheers!

Thats an interesting cabinet. So you can actually connect a tube amp head to it too? Did u assemble it yourself? It would be great if everything is ready made. :)