I'm looking for a nice Marshall sound...

• I'm looking for a profile to play some favorite Opeth songs...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The guys are playing Marshalls JVM 410 HJS. (satriani signature)
    Until now I did not find any Marshall profiles that sound really as tight as you can hear on their recordings.
    They use moderate gain, but with clear low frequencies...

Until now, my favourite profiles are the Friedman BE100 from Fred, and the Mark IIC+ from Djemass. (= free profiles!)

Many Marshall profiles on the rig exchange sound "flubby" in the low freqs, without clear definition...
    I already bought some profiles, praised by other forum members, but often they lack gain (Marshall Lead-JCM800) and to be honest, I never got enthusiast...
    Those profiles sound ok to play old metal or hard rock or blues, but, for me don't fit well in newer progressive music...

I also tried Rig Exchange and bought, other brand amp profiles (JSX, ENGL, Cornford, Diezel, Bogner 5150-1-2-3 etc , , ,) and some sound good, but have another character than the typical Marshall sound...

This is not a tread to bash the existing Marshall profiles, this is part of my quest for the ultimate Marshall metal tone... :P
    Who can help me a little hand? :thumbup:

Edited 2 times, last by krikke ().

• Have you tried the free Lasse Lammert Signature Rig Pack? There are a number of amps in that, but I think there are one or two Marshalls included. I also have a handful of SinMix's free profiles that I believe also included a Marshall. If you're looking for crunchy goodness, I'd try those.

• HI sounds more classic rock / hard rock to me and they sure use some kind of dist pedal on the PRS (clearly part of the tone here)

I would go for Andy JCM800 from the marshall kit, I also have a very typical marshall tone in my humbucker pack , that has all the basses & edge needed, just check my demos if interested ( 3rd clip)

• There are lots of good marshalls on the rig ex but the most of them with a cab that dont fit. Mostly its not the amp which has a bad definition, its the wrong cab and also the pick up or guitar.
    Go to till schleicher website. There are free cabs. My combination for a jvm 410 is cab number 023 from his free pack, but all of them are very different and i am shure you find a good one. Next is to use the amp parameters as written in the manual, some good examples for tweaking a amp are shown on youtube, search for kemper tutorial.

cheers
    Frank

• The guys are playing Marshalls JVM 410 HJS. (satriani signature)
    Until now I did not find any Marshall profiles that sound really as tight as you can hear on their recordings.
    They use moderate gain, but with clear low frequencies...

Until now, my favourite profiles is the Friedman BE100 from Fred, and the Mark IIC+ from Djemass. (= free profiles!)

Many Marshall profiles on the rig exchange sound "flubby" in the low freqs, without clear definition...

put a Green Scream in front of the amp, increase Definition and or increase Clarity, or a mixture of these three.
    the idea is to cut low frequencies before distorting (the Green Scream does that) even if the stomp doesn't add any gain, use it as a very musical eq. than add bass with the EQ if needed. Definition and Clarity basically give you the option to mod the profile.

hth :)

• On the Rig Exchange, try the various profiles by Paults for his Marshall Jubilee. You would need a stomp in front, maybe the Green Scream.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• HI sounds more classic rock / hard rock to me and they sure use some kind of dist pedal on the PRS (clearly part of the tone here)

I would go for Andy JCM800 from the marshall kit, I also have a very typical marshall tone in my humbucker pack , that has all the basses & edge needed, just check my demos if interested ( 3rd clip)

+1 on Andys JCM800, I know your looking for a free one but IMO paid ones are just better. Try the free ones and if it's close ya might want to invest in the paid versions :)

• I already found, with help of the forum friends :thumbup: , some nice profiles...

A nice JVM410HJS-V30 form Mr Nigel Kay!
    Not a Marshall, but very good sounding Randall Satan from SinMix (I use less gain...)
    4 profiles of Lasse Lammert... (Juicy Chunks, nineties Finest, Schmatz & chain of damnation) need to tweak them maybe, but already very good profiles...
    And a Friedman Browneye from Nalick.

With these, wich are sounding great on my Yamaha HS 80, I need to "play" a little bit with the stomps, and cabs, and also check them on the Yams DXR12...

To be continued...

Edited 2 times, last by krikke ().

• TAF 800 and Jubilee, Top Jimi Marshalls, Guidorist 410, Britt 1969 Marshall Pack, and Vrad Studios Lead from 71 snd an 800 are good options from vendors. Vrad's and Guido's are cheap too.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• For a one stop shop I would recommend Choptones JVM410 it's the all around KIller Marshall! if you want a 800 go with there Britt800ZW the DI's are Great, Also for a more scooped Marshall go with the Tone hammer Silver Jubilee, Good tones there also. I use all of them in the Kemper powerhead with a Engl 412V cab live and they are the sound and the feel (what i'm looking for) of Marshall.