Clock losing time?

• I don't know when this problem with the clock has started, I've owned KPA only since last may. The first time I wrote about it was October 14th.
    [Hidden Feature] Display time on Remote's screen

I remember noticing the problem some time earlier. I have to say that I can't remember if the clock was working properly with the FW that my KPA came with.

And you are right, I should have opened a ticket as soon as I noticed the problem.

• Yeah, mine has been losing time, too.

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

• Same here - have to adjust the clock every once in a while. For some reason, I always thought it was a battery problem, but seeing I am not the only one kinda indicates the problem may be something else.

• Mine seems "quite" accurate: it was 10" ahead, now I set it again and will monitor it.

One curious thing I've noticed is that when I edit the time, the time signature goes on running, even if there's a "Done" button. I guess it would make more sense if the signature froze, to restart at the pressure of the button, like in any clock I am aware of.
    The way it's conceived now, it makes to sync the time with an external reference quite uncomfortable, and basically inaccurate.
    The only workaround I've found is to turn the seconds knob fully counter...clock...wise (see what I did here? :p ) in order for the "0" to be displayed, and then go on turning it in order to keep it at that value, waiting for the reference clock to show "0 seconds" as well.
    Quite impractical, isn't it?

• Troubleshooting: just by chance, I was looking at the same time at the Kemper's and my digital source's time signatures, by keeping them close to each other.

I distinctly saw the Profiler skip a second.
    After a few minutes I checked again, and the two reads were the same again. During the very same observation, the Profiler skipped another second.

HTH

• Troubleshooting: just by chance, I was looking at the same time at the Kemper's and my digital source's time signatures, by keeping them close to each other.

I distinctly saw the Profiler skip a second.
    After a few minutes I checked again, and the two reads were the same again. During the very same observation, the Profiler skipped another second.

HTH

What you mean by "skipped"? Like 54 55 56 58? Or just one second in Kemper is shorter/longer than "real second"?

• Most computers use a CMOS battery to maintain the RTC (Real Time Clock) when there is no power supplied to the motherboard. Although I leave my KPA plugged in all the time, I wonder what technology Kemper is using to maintain an accurate clock on the KPA. Especially since gigging artists have their units unplugged and in transit all time. ?(

• Most computers use a CMOS battery to maintain the RTC (Real Time Clock) when there is no power supplied to the motherboard. Although I leave my KPA plugged in all the time, I wonder what technology Kemper is using to maintain an accurate clock on the KPA. Especially since gigging artists have their units unplugged and in transit all time. ?(

Exactly this for me I only use my gigging Kemper at weekends

Yep, it's there :)

[Blocked Image: http://s2.postimg.org/80lvqvafd/bat1.jpg]

• Uh-huh!! There it is. :thumbup: How many years until it has to be changed?

It depends how much energy Kemper sucks from it during power-off. Typical CR2032 battery lasts ~5yrs, but I've seen 7 year battery running on PC motherboard just fine. But I would expect 5 years as "designed to last there"....

• Guys, the battery seems to have nothing to do with the issue. Reread my previous post.

What you mean by "skipped"? Like 54 55 56 58? Or just one second in Kemper is shorter/longer than "real second"?

The progression of the figures stops... For example, "56" stayn on the dusplay for more that one second before showing "57" :/

• Guys, the battery seems to have nothing to do with the issue. Reread my previous post.

The progression of the figures stops... For example, "56" stayn on the dusplay for more that one second before showing "57" :/

I Noticed the same between 33 and 34 seoncds.... and now between 19 and 20... and now 30 - 31 .... :whistling: - I'll just start timer in my Nokia for 10 minutes and will verify.

So I run the test fo 20 minutes and it was 20 minutes on Kemper's clock and 20 minutes on timer in my Nokia. Anyway I noiced that there were freezes on Kemper's "Secods", so there were also quickies to complement...

Edited 3 times, last by skoczy ().

• Good find skoczy!! I'm sure that batteries aren't the issue as they do last a long time. I just wondered how they were keeping memory initialized while unplugged. I'll have to check mine for time accuracy also. Although German engineering is legendary, maybe we need Swiss partners for time :thumbup: