Low output volume and cracks!

• Hi guys,
    i've noticed an issue with my KPA that sometimes the output volume will go down and i can hear cracks and cuts in the sound as if the output had a bad connection!
    it happens once in a while when i'm playing and i can't seem to consistently reproduce the issue. it just happens randomly!

i'm using firmware 3.2.1 but it was happening even before i update to 3.2. Just in case it matters i'm switching rigs with a midi pedal.

Has anybody had this issue?

• I was in Browse mode and using the left-right rig buttons to switch between some of Lasse Lammert hi gain profiles. Just after switching a rig or two to the left, I heard some crackling, it kind of sounded like the cabinet was bypassed for a second or two, and then it went to normal. The presets were factory, except I saved a new noise gate setting into them, since they are Maxon boosted hi-gain amps, they squeal right away when switching to them.

I have a Powerhead going into a passive PA monitor.

Kemper Powerhead, Black
    Electro-Voice TX1122FM passive PA floor monitor
    Sales, Sam Ash Music #59
    San Antonio, TX
    (210) 530-9777

• I was in Browse mode and using the left-right rig buttons to switch between some of Lasse Lammert hi gain profiles. Just after switching a rig or two to the left, I heard some crackling, it kind of sounded like the cabinet was bypassed for a second or two, and then it went to normal. The presets were factory, except I saved a new noise gate setting into them, since they are Maxon boosted hi-gain amps, they squeal right away when switching to them.

I have a Powerhead going into a passive PA monitor.

Are you on latest FW

• I am on the latest OS 3.2.1 and I also experienced this:

I was in Browse mode and using the left-right rig buttons to switch between some of Lasse Lammert hi gain profiles. Just after switching a rig or two to the left, I heard some crackling, it kind of sounded like the cabinet was bypassed for a second or two, and then it went to normal

It is still not fixed in OS 3.2.1 - but hard to be reproduced.... it happens like once a week

• I can't seem to re-produce it, though it's happened a few times today. The last time was switching from King Vintage to King Fat, i.e. hitting the left "Rig" button. Those are factory profiles that I haven't altered in any way. I'm also holding (letting ring out) a chord while switching profiles. When I let the chord go, i.e. go silent with the guitar in my hand and then play again, it sounds like a cab is finally loaded if I play a 2nd chord, almost like the cab fades in on the 2nd chord.

Kemper Powerhead, Black
    Sales, Sam Ash Music #59
    San Antonio, TX
    (210) 530-9777

• I have "Pure Cabinet" turned on and set to 10.0, not sure if that helps.

Kemper Powerhead, Black
    Sales, Sam Ash Music #59
    San Antonio, TX
    (210) 530-9777

• I can't seem to re-produce it, though it's happened a few times today. The last time was switching from King Vintage to King Fat, i.e. hitting the left "Rig" button. Those are factory profiles that I haven't altered in any way. I'm also holding (letting ring out) a chord while switching profiles. When I let the chord go, i.e. go silent with the guitar in my hand and then play again, it sounds like a cab is finally loaded if I play a 2nd chord, almost like the cab fades in on the 2nd chord.

I can't remember the rigs I was switching between but it just follows your story... I had guitar chord ringing out, I switched the rigs using right RIG button and 2 seconds of weak signal like without cabinet... I tried to play with all setting, Pure Cabinet, Rig X-Fade Time, loading rigs with FX but couldn't recreate it.

• OK, it's happened a few more times. This time, it happened differently:

I was playing the profile: TAF - Claptons Blues
    For fun I decided to turn off "Pure Cabinet"
    I played for a few seconds, maybe 10 or 20 to get a feel for the sound with it off.
    I turned it back on while holding notes, and I heard the "absence of cab" crackle sound. Then stopped playing and then it went back to normal.
    I think it's related to the new "Pure Cabinet" setting. There's a delay or something before it kicks in.

Anyone else have this issue?

Kemper Powerhead, Black
    Sales, Sam Ash Music #59
    San Antonio, TX
    (210) 530-9777

• Has this happened on Main OUTPUT, Monitor OUTPUT or Headphones? From what you've written it has happened without changing Rigs (I was playing the profile: TAF - Claptons Blues)?

By the way, very good description, please specify what output were you using and raise relevant ticket including this thread URL at http://www.kemper-amps.com/contact

• i would contact support send them a backup of your KPA and expalin exactly how to recreate the issue. This will help them out alot :)

;)

OS 3.2.1
    I was playing the profile: TAF - Claptons Blues
    For fun I decided to turn off "Pure Cabinet"
    I played for a few seconds, maybe 10 or 20 to get a feel for the sound with it off.
    I turned it back on while holding notes, and I heard the "absence of cab" crackle sound.
    Then stopped playing and then it went back to normal - I think it's related to the new "Pure Cabinet" setting.
    There's a delay or something before it kicks in.

Question is on what OUTPUT was this, this also may be important

• I know the KPA team are quite active on this forum but if any bugs need to be reported writing it on the forums is not the best way. An email to support is best as its direct to them and contains just what they need, unlike a thread where might be many posts which clutter up what they really need to see. :)

• OK, I contacted support, but I have not been able to consistently re-produce the issue.

Kemper Powerhead, Black
    Sales, Sam Ash Music #59
    San Antonio, TX
    (210) 530-9777

• I have a Powerhead, so it is out of the speaker output.

I made a video, after I switch presets as I bend the long note you hear what on the video sounds like aliasing distortion or the cab turned off, but after a fraction of a second, the sound normalizes. It happens when switching presets via Rig manager, too. But just a fraction of a second after switching a preset, and it's totally random. I had to film video for quite a while to catch it. And then switching back and forth to the same two presets it doesn't happen again. ?????

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper Powerhead, Black
    Sales, Sam Ash Music #59
    San Antonio, TX
    (210) 530-9777