Blackstar HT-1R

• Love my Kemper. Any time I'm GASing for an amp, I can just go and get a profile. GREAT.

But, I recorded some stuff today with my Blackstar HT-1R through the emulated out and it sounded and felt better than my favourite profiles (Carr, Marshall, Friedman) *wince*

PROFILED.

What a monster amp. As long as you get your gain staging right, it's phenomenal.

Anyone else use this thing?

• I have a Blackstar HT5-C which I love but after getting my Kemper I really didn't use it at all. However recently I've been plugging in my Kemper to the return of the HT5's loop and I'm loving my profile tones through the speaker!

• I bought a beat up HT1R head used, as a bit of a laugh to be honest. Wanted a very small practice amp I could just plug into any cabinet and get ok tones. Sounded pretty nice stock, but after doing some reading I put a set of these tubes in it. http://www.thetubestore.com/Sh…star-HT-1-Premium-Package

Happened to have the suggested tubes in my tube drawer, so slapped them in and, It blew me away! Sounds amazingly good. Obviously there isn't much totally clean headroom (it is 1 watt after all :) but it's fun as hell to play. Never used the emulated out for recording, but the headphone sound out is more than tolerable.

Had many people laugh at the amp when I carry it into a room (as a head only, it is comically small :) ), but once they hear it, all they want to do is have a play. Actually been very impressed with all the blackstar stuff. Sounds terrific and doesn't break the bank. Smart company!