Something odd but cool happened with my Kemper...is this normal?

• Hey everyone.....So I just was turning on my Kemper and was loading Rig Manager up when I got an error message from RM. It said their is a damaged file in Kemper and to shut down Kemper for 10 seconds and hold Browse button for 30 seconds and Kemper would attempt to fix the issue.After it rebooted it went to a profile I did not have on my Kemper. It is a "crunch" profile from author C Kemper. I've never heard or seen it before but it sounds amazingly good. I've been playing it now for like 20-30 minutes and I love it. How did this profile it get on my Kemper because I am very meticulous with profiles I keep on their and I only had 45 profiles total all from MBritt / Amp Factory & Soundside. Any ideas how this happened? Just curious if its some kind of default profile when running system scan...has anyone seen this?

• I believe that's the original profile, what you get to play on startup. If I recall correctly then it's not actually a profile of anything at all, but a hand entered test from the man himself made during development.

• I don;t recall ever seeing that profile when I first got me Kemper and I bought it new. Plus I deleted every rig pff the profiler and only put those 45 I bought from Mbritt/Amp Factory and Soundside. Oh well Im definitely not complaining because it is hpnestly one of the best profiles I've played. It has an awesome tone. Can anyone please tell me what kind of amp it is?

• I believe that's the original profile, what you get to play on startup. If I recall correctly then it's not actually a profile of anything at all, but a hand entered test from the man himself made during development.

So it is not an actual amp that was profiled? How positive of this are you?

• I don;t recall ever seeing that profile when I first got me Kemper and I bought it new. Plus I deleted every rig pff the profiler and only put those 45 I bought from Mbritt/Amp Factory and Soundside. Oh well Im definitely not complaining because it is hpnestly one of the best profiles I've played. It has an awesome tone. Can anyone please tell me what kind of amp it is?

from the website:
    "Ancient Rig CK 0

This Rig Pack is triggered by numerous user requests and does include one Rig only. This Rig 'CK 0' is an historic artefact - the first Kemper Profiler Rig that ever has existed.

It has been created by Christoph Kemper on January 20th, 2011 and is not (!) based on any Amplifier/Cabinet Profile. The sound itself goes back even to the beginning of 2005.

This rig is the default sound for the digital sound processor. It's also preloaded into any 'empty' performance slot, where it shows up as 'Initialised Rig'."

hth :)

• Thanks Don. My profiler has it named as just "Crunch" you think its the same as "Ancient Rig?" Whatever it is I really really like it so I'm glad something was corrupt in the profiler to make me do those steps which brought it up. Its funny to me that its not a real profile and I like it so much. I thought I was a borderline tube snob too. Ha

• Just because it is not an amp/cab profile does not mean it is not a profile of some kind of snooty studio gear. :)

Or, maybe it does :)

if it sounds good, it is good!

Ha! True. It sounded like early Van Halen to me with some good reverb and some slight EQ boost I added. I cant quit playing Drop Dead Legs and Dance the Night Away.

• Sounds good because it's the most vintage rig that exists. And we all know that vintage sounds good. :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I actually found the "Ancient Rig" profile today when downloading some profiles off the Kemper website. This is not the profile I am talking about. The profile I am referring to called "Crunch" that appeared on my Kemper is totally different. Oh well I'm not going to guess the Kemper gods anymore on how or why this profile showed up on my Kemper ...I'll quit questioning it and just enjoy it!

• Ooh. What would be cool is a template where we could enter in values and hand create our own custom amps! Not exactly sure how it would work but it is nice that you could create an amp sound without actually having an amp.

• Ooh. What would be cool is a template where we could enter in values and hand create our own custom amps! Not exactly sure how it would work but it is nice that you could create an amp sound without actually having an amp.

That's called "modeling." :D