Best Marshall JCM800/2000 profiles for rock sounds

• Good evening! Yesterday I was shopping for profiles, first I bought the Silver Jubilee from Jimi and then I was hooked. Then I bought the Plexi Super Lead, also from Jimi. That is probably the best sounding profile pack I own, and is easily worth twice the price! However, after some playing with the Plexi profiles I switched back to the Jub, and I was wondering: where is the bass? I figured that the Jub profiles are great for recording, but not for live use and jamming through my monitor. I use a very unforgiving one, an Atomic CLR. After that I bought no less than three profile packs from Stymphalian: 5150 II/III, Dual Rec and Mark IV. Great sounding profiles, but even the Mark IV, which I have always seen as a rock amp, sounded very metal and they all have this signature sound that make them great for metal, but not so much else. I play lots of metal so it is not like I burned £32 on something I cannot use, but now I am looking for something that can fill the gap between the Plexi and the brutal metal amps... I like the Marshall sound for rock, hard rock and some earlier metal styles so I have narrowed it down to either JCM800 or JCM2000. Kind of a big thread and big deal for 8-10 bucks, right? Well, I am hoping I can get it right so I do not have to buy any more profiles in a while, I spent a lot of money yesterday... I am mainly considering Tonehammer's profiles because I love everything I have tried from Deadlight Studio, but feel free to come with other suggestions! Although, I will appreciate some experiences with the mentioned Tonehammer profiles. Thank you for your time and have a nice evening!

• i have JCM 800 profiles from Sinmix, Guido, Premier Profiles, VBerns (VRadStudios), and CiliLab (SoundLab). All of them are great. I honestly couldn't pick my favorite, as I haven't spent a ton of time with them. However, the one that immediately sticks out is VBerns because he's using the 1960 cab with T-75's and it's very raw and bright sounding - perfect fit for that 80's rock type so und. Guido and Cili also offer 1960 cab as well as Mesa, but I'm not sure if Cili's 1960 is loaded with T-75's or V30's - the tag says V30; Guido's have T-75's. I JUST got Guido's so haven't spent a lot of time with it. Premier Profiles I'm a huge fan of in general, but I think he may be getting a more modern sound from it than you'd want. He uses an OD820 vs. the typical OD808, so the boost comes out a bit thicker and less midrange honk.

Maybe a reamp session is in order...

EDIT: here's a similar thread: Marshall JCM 800

• The best is very hard to define because everyone hears thing differently and likes different sounds. My Fav JCM800 of all is from TAF in the Marshall pack, I've been using this live for 2 years now. Also the JCM800 from TAF pack 10 is incredible to :) obviously you are talking about commercial profiles but there are some TAF profiles which came as a free kemper rig pack so try them first if you like them then maybe invest it the paid ones

• Thank you for some really good answers and advice! I see that there are quite a few profile makers with very good discounts, so I might be able to try a few. "Best" is very, very subjective, no doubt about that. I have read about the Marshall pack before, but I could not find it... Just the numbered ones. Regarding speakers and cabs, I tend to really like V30s. One very stereotypical example is Slash, who use V30s without sounding modern imo. Greenbacks are great with the Plexi, but I prefer V30s with the Jub hands down. Not sure if the G12H30 is classified as a Greenback, but it is the perfect crossover between GB and V30 imo. Also works great for heavier styles. I have very limited experience with the T75 so I cannot comment too much on that, but I would certainly like to have a V30 option as well.

• Thank you for some really good answers and advice! I see that there are quite a few profile makers with very good discounts, so I might be able to try a few. "Best" is very, very subjective, no doubt about that. I have read about the Marshall pack before, but I could not find it... Just the numbered ones. Regarding speakers and cabs, I tend to really like V30s. One very stereotypical example is Slash, who use V30s without sounding modern imo. Greenbacks are great with the Plexi, but I prefer V30s with the Jub hands down. Not sure if the G12H30 is classified as a Greenback, but it is the perfect crossover between GB and V30 imo. Also works great for heavier styles. I have very limited experience with the T75 so I cannot comment too much on that, but I would certainly like to have a V30 option as well.

Its called the UKGOLD Toolkit. - They are vintage marshalls, (so darker by flavour natrually) however they are designed for live play, so soon as you crank up the volume there all good!. - These also comes with 3 different cabs to chosoe from. here.. 3 Matching cabs captured (Gh25/Gh30/V30) so you cab choose your own variation!. and the amp heads are: - Marshall Heads, JCM800/JTM45/JMPMk2 & 1987x

• Hi, You can try my JCM800 KK Pack in January becouse now my store is closed :D

AMP:
    Marshall JCM800 2203 Kerry King
    CABINETS:
    Mesa Rectifier Horizontal 2x12 [CELESTION VINTAGE 30 SPEAKERS]
    David Laboga DL212FS-PRO 2X12 [CREAMBACK 65/CELESTION VINTAGE 30 SPEAKERS]
    Mesa Stiletto 2x12 [CELESTION VINTAGE 30 SPEAKERS]
    Zilla SV 2x12 [V30/G12T75] - January
    Hesu Custom 2x12 [Eminence Governor/ Seventy 80] - January

More Info and few mixes: http://www.brickwall.pl/store/…uct=42&controller=product
    You can also try my Free Kemper Pack [2 JCM800 profiles included] http://www.sinmix.pl/free-stuff/

Have Fun!

Stay Metal!

• Nice! I'm gonna have to check those two out as well. Bought the DSL from Tonehammer and Rockerverb from TAF, really great tones! The DSL was exactly what I am looking for, and the Rockerverb was very nice as well. A different flavour.

• *sigh* looks like I'm gonna have to get the Guido profile too... :whistling:
    TAF makes great profiles, but I am a bit concerned that it only contains profiles with Greenback speakers. However, I might grab one now while it is only £3!

• Try our FREE JCM2000 TSL60 profiles pack!

http://shop.choptones.net/inde…ct/product&product_id=137

Brit2000 TLS60 - Giant Pack (100 Profiles)
    Seeking to recreate the sound of a Marshall JCM2000 TSL60

Cabinets : Marshall 4x12s loaded with Celestion G12T75, G12M, V30, G12C
    Hughes & Kettner 4x12 loaded with Celestion G12M
    Custom Audio Amplifiers 4x12 loaded with Celestion Creamback 75
    Friedman 4x12 loaded with Celestion V30

Mics : Shure SM57, SM7
    Sennheiser MD421
    Royer R121
    Beyerdynamic M160
    Neumann U87
    AKG C414

Boosted with Mesa Grid Slammer
    Marshall Bluesbreaker
    MXR Berzerker OD
    MXR Modified OD
    MXR Wylde OD
    Protone Attack OD (Misha Mansoor Signature)
    Ibanez TS9
    Xotic AC Boost

Direct and Studio Profiles included

• Funny you should say that, I have been browsing and GASing on your profiles all morning :D
    Strongly considering your 1959RR and JCM800KK profile packs, but unfortunately I am not able to afford more than one of them right now. Could you please tell me more about these profiles, and their most important differences? I know they are totally different amps but, yeah... For the record, I already have a very good Plexi pack and a JCM2000 pack that I really like, and I want as much diversity as I can get. And I will of course check out your TSL package, sounds really great from the clips!

PS: I cannot get your 20% off code to work, is there something wrong or am I doing something wrong? :P