Playing outside with 0°C

• Hey guys,

sorry this is kind of off-topic but I really don't know where else to post this.
    I got a couple of Outdoorgigs this year in the german winter. It's been years since I've last done this and maybe we could exchange some tips of what to do and what not do to?
    Do any of you use mittens (I hope this is the word for gloves without "fingers")? Maybe I'll stop by some stores with a Guitar and try to play with them.
    Do you keep your Guitars warm as long as possible? So take them from the Backstage to Soundcheck and then back to Backstage again until it's time to get on stage?
    I minimalised the amount of guitars I'm taking with me as far as possible down to 2 electric guitars and was even thinking about using only one Guitar but we are just playing too many genres to do this.

Now in the reference-manual I read something of the lines of the unit working between 10°C and 35°C.
    It can withstand temperatures down to -20°C if its off.
    Would you be concerned about using the Kemper outside at 0°C?

and as always. Excuse my bad english :D

• I did an outdoor gig last month with temperatures of 4 to 6 degrees Celsius. We played two 90 minute sets with no problem (other than cold hands).

It did not occur to me that might be a problem for the KPA - 10 degrees does not seem extremely cold to me. If your gigs are at 0 degrees, I suggest sending a support ticket, and asking them about "real world" performance :)

• So done 2 outdoorgigs this weekend and both of them were with temperatures about 0°C.
    The Kemper did work on both the entire time without shutting down or having any other problems.
    My hands on the other hand didn't work that great in the cold :D
    I think from now on I'm avoiding playing out in the cold. The Guitars actually didn't go way out of tune. I mean it was still worse than normal but not that bad.
    The worst thing was changing guitars aka having to pick up the cold neck and letting go of the one that just got up to temperature after a few songs :D
    So after all I wouldn't recommend playing outside...

And thanks for your answers!