[BM Profiles] Bert's Mace-DR rigpack, available now!!!

• I am a professional user myself. In the first place Bert Meulendijk was the one who convinced me to buy the Kemper profiling amp, last year. After downloading and trying several commercial packs from the leading providers online, i was thrilled to finally see that Bert's profiles where available last week. I have downloaden them the same day, and have to say that it's even better sounding than i expected ! And of course - knowing Bert - my expectations where very high !!Both the clean, crunch and lead sounds are 'out of this world' fantastic. I have compared all the 74 profiles of his package to my favorites folder and replaced almost all my favorite presets by BM-profiles. As for studio-session players i have to state here that Bert's profiles are obviously designed to blend in 'the mix' easily. And that is a very nice feature. Nearly no EQ-ing needed at all. :) I consider this pack an absolutely must have profile pack for sessions guitarists. Although i have also already heard that the profiles sound great in a live setting.

So i very, very much recommend this profile pack. And to be honest, people: at 49,95 euros it is practically for free ! :thumbup:

• I was trying to buy these but was unable to. Could you look at the list of countries? I'm in Thailand but it would be the same issue in a lot of other countries.

I called Paypal and they told me that it has to work in Thailand..Thailand is on the list of Paypal countries.
    I hope you can try it again. Would be great to have my profiles in Thailand !!

Bert
    http://www.bmprofiles.com

• I was trying to buy these but was unable to. Could you look at the list of countries? I'm in Thailand but it would be the same issue in a lot of other countries.

OK, I managed to make this work by entering my location as Bangkok, China. After all, I've received mail addressed like that before. :)

A nice bonus also that the system automatically deducts the 21% VAT if you're outside the EU, so it came to only just over 40 Euros. I'm on holiday now and won't be able to try them till the weekend, but they sound worth having. The 62 Showman sounds great in the clips, but aside from that this package covers many amps I don't have yet.

• I called Paypal and they told me that it has to work in Thailand..Thailand is on the list of Paypal countries.
    I hope you can try it again. Would be great to have my profiles in Thailand !!

Bert
    http://www.bmprofiles.com

Thanks. The problem / confusion occurred before that where there's a required field for one's country, and that list has only 30-40 countries. But as mentioned, those who have this issue can just pick something near them and once you're in Paypal it doesn't seem to be giving problems anymore. Maybe it also depends on the credit card issuer linked to PP, with the address verification, but it worked for me.

• Thanks. The problem / confusion occurred before that where there's a required field for one's country, and that list has only 30-40 countries. But as mentioned, those who have this issue can just pick something near them and once you're in Paypal it doesn't seem to be giving problems anymore. Maybe it also depends on the credit card issuer linked to PP, with the address verification, but it worked for me.

Good to hear !!.
    I hope you enjoy the profiles !!

Bert

• Today I had the time to go intensively through all profiles, I didn't have to do much tweaking, just a little bit of eq on some profiles, that's all.

I found everything from sparkly clean tones to very nice crunch- and lead-sounds. The basic character is different from other profiles, with my '58 strat they are "singing" with warm and very nice mids, I love it. My favourite amps are B.E.C. (Bogner Ecstacy Classic), CA3+ (Custom Audio) and Gainland (Van Weelden), simply fantastic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• is it possible to achieve a frusciante sound with these profiles? For example like in this video around the 6:50 mark.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes, like Bert said CAE 3+ and Bogner Ecstacy will offer that sound. But there is one BIG component also responsible for the sound: the guitar. Frusciante plays -if I understood him right- an original '57 strat with maple neck, using the neck-pickup. These guitars sound very different to other strats, even a vintage strat with rosewood would sound very different (more mids, less brilliance). I own a similar strat ('58 with naple neck, all original) and the sound of the neck-pickup is HUGE, no comparison to my '66 strat with rosewood or my Custom Shop strat '56 reissue with maple neck.

In a direct comparison -original '58 strat with maple neck vs. Custom Shop '56 reissue with maple neck- the '58 strat sounds much, much better. And I have chosen the '56 reissue from about 20 reissues and took the best.

Some of these old strats have a brilliance and punch I've never heard gefore. It's not just the neck pick-up, on many strats the bridge pickup is very weak. Not the '58 one, it sounds very rich with enormous power for solos and leads, very similar to a good tele. Of course there are many weak-sounding vintage strats, too, you have to find the right one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I love the Showman, but the other amps offer amazing clean tones, too (f.e. CAE 3+ and Bogner Ecstacy). The Dick Dale-profile (Showman) is fantastic.

I heard that you build very excellent guitars. :thumbup:

• Nice solo. :thumbup:

From the very beginning your profiles fit perfectly into a mix and I don't have to make a bass-cut as usually. Very often profiles sound quite impressive alone, but in the mix they can cause problems. Usually you have to handle with undefined bass and "disappearing" mids, when drums (snare !) and other intruments are present. Not with your profiles. ;)

• Played the Houston Arena Theatre with The Whispers last night.
    The Showman profile is now my go to clean profile.
    And I've got just about profile in the market...
    Thank you Bert!
    Emilio

• As I have listened the soundfiles at the Internet page, I couldn't resist.
    I wait eagerly that my KPA comes from the warranty repair back, so I also can even try out the profiles that I have bought and not just another people rave about it hear.

keep rockin' Harry