[BM Profiles] Bert's Mace-DR rigpack, available now!!!

• I'm truly very sorry Harry...... lol

Don't lough to early - could be that some Rigs of your pack 1 will get retired :D

Anyway the pack 2 is extraodinary.
    Special if you have the chance to test with Gig-Volume.
    Then their really character and qualitiy is shown.

• Well, I was already a fan of Bert's first pack, but this new one really is the business. I have just started trying these out and so far my Les Paul is absolutely loving the Archie, Super Lead and Orange profiles. They are super fat and yet completely articulate with no 'fizz' at all. Just makes you want to sit there and play huge riffs as well.

For the record, I also think Bert has permanently debunked the annoyingly persistent rumour that Kempers don't do cleans well. Check out this pack - it has some superb clean sounds in it.

An absolute bargain - buy with confidence :)

• After buying hundreds of profiles I can honestly say that this is the best pack of sounds I have ever tried!!!!! It is just unbelievable how many great tones are in this pack, from the cleanest clean, clean +, crunch, distortion and back again. I mean a Jackson Amp, a JTM a SL a SLO, some of the best sounding pedals and much much more......Thank YOU Bert for sharing all your knowledge, it is simply priceless....

• Just had 2 days to fool around with the kemper and bought both of the packs from Bert. I am completely blown away by the sounds! What a great machine and what a great balanced profiles. Everything is in there. From clean to the extreme. Just finished making 2 bank with my favorite sounds, and some with just one brand of amp.

Just for shit and giggles, If you had only one bank(5 presets), which of the profiles would you use from both the packs? So i guess best clean, best crunch, best dist, best lead, best solo

Hope that Bert himself also has something to say :) (goed gedaan Bert!)

• Just had 2 days to fool around with the kemper and bought both of the packs from Bert. I am completely blown away by the sounds! What a great machine and what a great balanced profiles. Everything is in there. From clean to the extreme. Just finished making 2 bank with my favorite sounds, and some with just one brand of amp.

Just for shit and giggles, If you had only one bank(5 presets), which of the profiles would you use from both the packs? So i guess best clean, best crunch, best dist, best lead, best solo

Good question. I am very interested in Berts answer!

• 120 profile's:

7 Vox AC30 , 13 V-Empire Greenpoint, 8 Tubeking, 9 Soldano SLO, 4 Orange, 11 Marshall SL, 7 JTM, 8 With Richie Kotzen pedal, 6 Koch superlead, 11 Jackson Amp, 10 Budda, 8 bassman, 2 Princeton, 3 Archer pedal, 3 Tim Pierce OD,3 Katzenkonig Pedal and 5 Les Paul GA-40 profiles

First of all thanks everybody for all great reviews and the kind words !!

I would love to answer your question but I'm sorry, I can't.... imo there's too much good stuff in the packs to pick the 5 best profiles...
    The only thing I can say is how I use my sounds in my set up.

For recording sessions I use my laptop (the rigmanager) and choose a sound and a guitar on the spot..I make the choice when I hear the song for the first time in the studio. Because I don't know what kinda music I'm gonna play on a session my basic instruments are always a strat, tele, Les Paul, Gretsch and a 335 (also 2 acoustics but I don't record them with the KPA).

For live I use 3 main banks with 10 presets each, so 30 presets. I always use the browse mode. The 30 presets are a wide variety of profiles from the 2 packs. Besides the 30 main presets I have a number of banks that carries more "special" or odd sounds like the shimmer things, U2- ish, slap delay sounds etc etc
    I don't use a complete Bogner or whatever bank, it's a mix of all profiled amps.

I'm sorry, it's not really an answer to your question but at least it's something :)

• I bought the new pack minutes after getting your email! Loving all the new stuff.

One amp I haven't seen people mentioning is how good the Gibson amp you profiled works. The clean sounds great, but I'm loving the driven profiles with my archtop. Can get an awesome vintage Charlie Christian or Bob Wills western swing type sound. Very fun to play with!

• I bought the new pack minutes after getting your email! Loving all the new stuff.

One amp I haven't seen people mentioning is how good the Gibson amp you profiled works. The clean sounds great, but I'm loving the driven profiles with my archtop. Can get an awesome vintage Charlie Christian or Bob Wills western swing type sound. Very fun to play with!

Yeah Wes, the Gibson is a very cool amp :D I had some doubts to put it in the pack but I don't regret doing it. Did a bigband recording the other day using my ES175 and it gave me really that old jazzy sound. Perfect blend in the track :thumbup:

I say , perhaps another Jazz licks video Wes.. :thumbup:

• With this pack I can clean up my Kemper again :) Now I can go back to about 20 profiles (browse mode). Not have to put an HPF on these profile, the sound instantly good with my DXR's. Bert bedankt.

• What are the best profiles of this pack (incl rig name, like ... B1 etc) for clean, crunch and dist? (Or by amp order cl, cr, dist)
    -70's rock / punk
    -80's post punk

It's difficult to say what's best....I would say a Marshall is an amp of all times, started in the '60s, Fender even much earlier, so they've been used by players in the 70s and 80s for sure..
    And what kinda clean do you like, the Fender clean or for instance the plexi clean..? It's all a matter of taste and tryin' which sounds suits you best...
    You're style of playing is also pretty important, if you're a rough player you can let a boutique amp sound punk, no problem...
    I can't give you an specific advice with preset numbers, maybe another user of pack 2 can....?

• Thanks for trying to answer my question about your favorite profiles. I knew it was a lot to ask for, and not a simple answer, but thanks anyway for trying ;)

Just had my first live gig with the kemper last night and only used your profiles. Sound man said the sounded awesome and blended real well in the mix. So again, my compliments. Using a bank with one amp in it, was indeed not the way to go, so there was a lotta switching going on.

I'm surprised to hear the you you do live gigs in the browser mode. Is thet the way to go? Could you explain that a little more? Does that mean you don't use stomp boxes at all? Sorry if it's a noob question, but i guess the profile pic(beginner) doesn't lie:) bedankt Bert!

• Thanks for trying to answer my question about your favorite profiles. I knew it was a lot to ask for, and not a simple answer, but thanks anyway for trying ;)

Just had my first live gig with the kemper last night and only used your profiles. Sound man said the sounded awesome and blended real well in the mix. So again, my compliments. Using a bank with one amp in it, was indeed not the way to go, so there was a lotta switching going on.

I'm surprised to hear the you you do live gigs in the browser mode. Is thet the way to go? Could you explain that a little more? Does that mean you don't use stomp boxes at all? Sorry if it's a noob question, but i guess the profile pic(beginner) doesn't lie:) bedankt Bert!

If I'm not mistaken, Bert is using Browse mode as he can set his midi controller to Instant Access mode. This enables him to recall any profile via its distinct midi address, meaning (if his controller has enough switches) he can recall any of his 30 favourites at any time via a single switch stomp. Performance mode only lets you recall 1 of 5 profiles in a bank. A bank change would be necessary in order to recall any that weren't in that 5. Many users prefer to work as Bert does; it is, after all, the way many professionals have been working for years since the advent of rack guitar rigs and Bradshaw controllers.

• If I'm not mistaken, Bert is using Browse mode as he can set his midi controller to Instant Access mode. This enables him to recall any profile via its distinct midi address, meaning (if his controller has enough switches) he can recall any of his 30 favourites at any time via a single switch stomp. Performance mode only lets you recall 1 of 5 profiles in a bank. A bank change would be necessary in order to recall any that weren't in that 5. Many users prefer to work as Bert does; it is, after all, the way many professionals have been working for years since the advent of rack guitar rigs and Bradshaw controllers.

Yeah Sam, you're right, that's the way my setup works. I have an Ernst Navigator remote, I had it already for using it in combination with the Rover (profiled in pack #1). It's a kinda Bradshaw controller indeed.
    It gives me instant access to my presets as well to the 4 stomps and the 4 effects.There's also a delay tap function.

As said before, I need instant access to a lot of sounds because I do a lot of different things. There's not a one band, one setlist situation.
    Therefore the browse mode works just fine for me..

But remotes is another topic ain't it haha