[BM Profiles] Bert's Mace-DR rigpack, available now!!!

• @Gordon and @richielohy

Thank you for your reviews.
    If you have some recorded stuff, please post !
    I'm curious to hear how you guys sound using my profiles !!

Bert

That's easy, Bert.

As the self-proclaimed worst guitarist on this (or any!) forum, I sound like a kid in his "terrible twos" chewing on the neck whilst trying to pull the tone knob and tremolo arm off. Not even sure there are any A/D convertors out there equipped to be able to handle my "tone" - haven't recorded yet.

That said, anyone else's contribution would be welcomed by me too, so fingers crossed...

You thought I was joking about my playing, didn't you? Seriously, due to incredibly frustrating circumstances I've had to wait some 36 years to get started, which was only recently and I'm horrified at the discrepancy between what I hear in my head and what I'm able to do, which can fill all of 12 seconds of an unsuspecting listener's time. LOL

• @Gordon and @richielohy

Thank you for your reviews.
    If you have some recorded stuff, please post !
    I'm curious to hear how you guys sound using my profiles !!

Bert

Hi Bert,

just used the last 20 minutes to record a short tune with my american standard strat with suhr pu's, used your dick dale profile. Setted the green scream drive 0,5, tone +1,4, volume +1 , added the delay and reduced the rev a little. Normaly not my kind of playing, it's just a noodling with this wonderful clean sound. Changed the pu position in last part of the tune to position 2 of the switch, the first part is played at position 4. Volume knob is closed a bit. Hope you enjoy

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

cheers
    Frank

• Frank I think maybe you should spend more time playing like that, it's absolutely lovely in parts. I may finally have to pull the trigger on these profiles!

Hi, thx for this nice compliment. Its just a little relaxing and not so well done, only jamming right out of the fingers, no concept behind it, but i love the sound. The soldano clean is also great, but normaly i am a boogie mark v 5 guy. Love John Petruccis powersounds :D

cheers
    Frank

• Frank, thanks man, I love it !! Great tone and very nice played !! I agree with @Netheravon

• just used the last 20 minutes to record a short tune with my american standard strat with suhr pu's, used your dick dale profile.

Frank, you did my day.
    Yesterday I was searching for a sound like this,today it's falling in my hand like a virgin becomes pregnant. ;)
    Need not much to tweak for my Strat with Häussel :)
    Thank and congratulation to your nice guitar work - Harry

• These profiles keep delivering! I would be fine if I only had them in my Kemper (not to say there aren't other great profiles). I used them today with a P90 hollow body and damn they worked so well! Again, I'm very pleased with this purchase!

• Lovely lines and tone there, Frank. Thanks for sharing. Did you put the whole thing together in 20 mins?

Yes i did. It takes seconds to load the rig and 5 minutes of tweaking it. Than i choose the backing track from youtube and recorded it in my cubase. Takes also 5 Minutes. Than i recorded my soloing in a first take improvisation. Mixed it in cubase and stored it as an mp3. Upload on soundcloud, post in this threat, ready.
    Thats all.

cheers
    Frank

• Than i choose the backing track from youtube and recorded it in my cubase. Takes also 5 Minutes.

That's what slows up my "creations" and/or demos... I don't use backing tracks - but start from scratch. Nothing against all their hard work and nice results, but I don't want other people's work interfering with my creative process. And my style is just different. I guess that's why it takes me so damn long to record new tunes for my CDs. One of my favorites I've been working on... well, I've been working on it well over a year now! I know... too much "thinking" can ruin that spontaneity necessary for inspired work. Ugh!!

Gary ô¿ô

• You thought I was joking about my playing, didn't you? Seriously, due to incredibly frustrating circumstances I've had to wait some 36 years to get started, which was only recently and I'm horrified at the discrepancy between what I hear in my head and what I'm able to do, which can fill all of 12 seconds of an unsuspecting listener's time. LOL

Too funny... and I'm not sure I believe a word of it Nicky!

Gary ô¿ô

• Would you believe 16 seconds then, Gary? Seriously, that's in the ballpark.

I'm allergic to pre-fabulous-titty-lated stuff too, mate. I've a no-loops policy that's strictly enforced. I haven't made music in 20 years, but I fully intend to continue this way. Back in the day, drum parts took up to 2 weeks of MIDI editing (fiddling!) to get to the point where I felt they were realistic enough; I'd bear in mind the fact that drummers only have 2 hands (unless simian, in which case they have 4) and so on, and edit rolls note-by-note in order to ensure no machine-gun effect. At least that part of it should be quicker now as modern VIs and my Roland module feature measures to ensure against this.

Yeah, I agree that this antiquity-dude of ours constant-titty-tutes a road block against creativity, but then again, our work is fully our own, and we're forced to be creative anyway in constructing backings / loop equivalents.

I've really got to try to get this word-substance-titty thing under control. Probably just creativity leaking out in anti-poo-titty-patience of actually making music, which is still 6 months away I reckon, based on the rate I'm saving moolah. Still, it'll mark the end of an incredibly-frustrating, lengthy journey of reconstructing a setup that I had to sell due to my being lumped with debt as a result of folks dying. A word to the wise: Try not to lend your life savings to a hopeless alcoholic who's on a fast track to Hell...

• Hi Guys,

I made a little sample of the Rover amp.
    I used a custom telecaster made by Theo Scharpach in the Netherlands.

Greetings,

Patrick

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That's what slows up my "creations" and/or demos... I don't use backing tracks - but start from scratch. Nothing against all their hard work and nice results, but I don't want other people's work interfering with my creative process. And my style is just different. I guess that's why it takes me so damn long to record new tunes for my CDs. One of my favorites I've been working on... well, I've been working on it well over a year now! I know... too much "thinking" can ruin that spontaneity necessary for inspired work. Ugh!!

Yes, but a good backing track gives you a great quick advantage to check out the functionality
    of a rig in minutes.

cheers
    Frank