[BM Profiles] Bert's Mace-DR rigpack, available now!!!

• Big fun with Berts Profiles :D
    This a first take improvisation ( a little floydish ;) ) with Berts Vampire profile. I love this sustain....

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers
    Frank

Again very cool Frank !!! Thanks for sending me your rigs :thumbup: The V-Empire is a really cool amp, just as good as a Bogner imo....

@prsgary Sorry I missed you in Zoetermeer man, would have been nice meeting you !!

• Hi guys, just throwing some idea's out there for new packs, and maybe Bert will bite on some of them for a new pack if he does one :).
    . After getting 90% of all the profiles out there, i think if Vendors considered doing a Genre pack for specific guitars (or settings for them) this would
    certainly attract and help more buyers IMO. It would make it easier for people to get the end result.

for example if Bert did :D
    A Funk Pack - Genre /guitar specific
    A Blues Rock Pack /guitar specific
    etc.

I bet with Berts talent and experience he would make them sound great. :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Of course he would, Ash!

So, you're shuffling along EWF-style (yeah, as if I could!) through the verses and choruses, and up comes the lead break. The band cuts you some slack and says, "Hey Brother Ash, you've got 16 bars, so give us something raunchy!".

You're screwed, because you took your lean-and-mean Kemper, loaded only with Bert's UltraFunk™ pack to the gig.

I think he already gave us a very-well balanced pack the first time 'round, and for many that'll be all they need. I mean, those Profiles (and his amps they're made from) represent years' worth of session work for him. He played lots of clean funk-style stuff, like in that EWF-tribute radio gig we saw last year. He also played (probably even more than the funk, I'm guessing) plenty of rock, from ballads to mild to pretty heavy.

So, I don't know what else I can add. I think he nailed it pretty well with the first pack. Let's face it, if you single out a genre, you're gonna scare half your potential customers off.

Cheers Brother Ash.

• Hi Nicky /ALL, i agree with the full pack we can all get a wide variety of sounds , in fact i was the first to point out the SKA and Reggae stuff (for strats) out of it, But i know MANY , (myself included) who would benefit from a Genre specific pack (i am sure people take many profiles to a gig in their toaster).

i am not saying to only get an ultra funk pack and load your kemper with that lol, :) i am saying many of us out there search commercial profiles FOR A SPECIFIC GENRE/ SOUND, ie, Jazz, Funk, rock etc. Bert like Guido has a real good talent for sounds. The most neglected (as far as i can tell from all my profiles) is the Reggae , Funk and SKA sounds, not too much Jazz out there either.

Harry discovered the Funk stuff (earth wind fire stuff) out of a different pack BY ACCIDENT (vendor did not intend it to sound funky) My point people there are many of us who search for Genre specific sounds, and i know Bert has a really good ear, i and i know many others would buy these ;)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• i am saying many of us out there search commercial profiles FOR A SPECIFIC GENRE/ SOUND, ie, Jazz, Funk, rock etc.

In fact the heavy metal fans have some advantages here. ^^
    Even on their playground, I found some profiles which surprised me after some tweaking. I am rather sure that it was not planned that musician as I use this. ;)

It would really help if you are looking for certain style related profiles.
    If it would be a good economical solution for a potential vendor - I am not so shure.
    Lots of Profiles you can be used for more style - depends on guitar and effects you add.

In any case it would be a help, if the vendor would document his opinion or intention for each profile or profile-group

• Last gig I only used two of Bert's amps, his Fender and the Bogner and my tele, I use these profiles for songs from country to funk and U2 to AC/DC...actually for me it's all there in these amps..what a relief :)

What I really like about Bert's profiles is that they cut through the whole band without being at an outrageous volume, perfectly balanced!

• Yes, they're perfectly-sculpted with the super-top end and unnecessary lows all but non-existent. Excellent stuff for pros, but maybe not so great for bedroom musicians who seek short-term thrills. :D

The most neglected (as far as i can tell from all my profiles) is the Reggae , Funk and SKA sounds, not too much Jazz out there either.

I definitely hear you on this, Ash. As Harry said 'though, there's nothing too special about the amp setups those folks use; it's more in the playing styles, guitars and pickups used, and effects usage IMHO.

Harry discovered the Funk stuff (earth wind fire stuff) out of a different pack BY ACCIDENT (vendor did not intend it to sound funky).

This proves my point, IMHO.

If it would be a good economical solution for a potential vendor - I am not so shure.

Just what I said. Old minds think alike, and liked minds think old... school. :D

Lots of Profiles you can be used for more style - depends on guitar and effects you add.

Exactly.

In any case it would be a help, if the vendor would document his opinion or intention for each profile or profile-group

There's your solution I think, Ash.

I think everyone would be able to benefit in some way or other from this, including there potentially being more sales for the vendors... IMHO.

• [quote='ashtweth','https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/25837-Awesome-profiles-from-sessionplayer-Bert-Meulendijk/?postID=313547&#post313547' Hi guys, just throwing some idea's out there for new packs, and maybe Bert will bite on some of them for a new pack if he does one :).
    [/quote]

Someting's going wrong with the quote thing ....but anyway..

Thanks Ash for your creative input, could be a good idea ;) I've also a couple of other idea's which I'm working on...
    At the moment I'm playing my ass off (Voice of Holland, recorded 200 songs, TV starts tomorrow...) but mid july I'm going to start with a new pack..There are another 3 private stock amps I haven't profiled yet, I want to do some more on the Vox and the Showman, particularly the Vox..
    And.... of coarse, suggestions are more than welcome :thumbup:

• So many gems in the pack, also for the heavy guys. One of my fav: The bogner with the mesa oversize cab from deadlight studios.
    Cheers from Madeira, we are here for holidays. Not playing at the moment.
    good luck for the voice job Bert!

• Hi Bert/All

Sounds good, very sound ideas that would benefit IMO.That is really good news about the new pack Bert!, take your time :),
    i am really looking forward to them, i think there are a few more here also ;).
    Just remember the customer is always right! :rolleyes::thumbup:

Ash

• I hope Bert is not doing this because we Nag him too much :D , we just love the pack man... and any thing Bert does i can ASSURE you is worth it.
    (trust me i have a lot of packs to go through)

sincerely
    Ash

• I hope Bert is not doing this because we Nag him too much :D , we just love the pack man... and any thing Bert does i can ASSURE you is worth it.
    (trust me i have a lot of packs to go through)

sincerely
    Ash

Haha, yeah Ash, it was the nagging that did the job :thumbup:
    It's gonna be cool, got a couple of really great amps and a couple of really brutal mic pre's...