[BM Profiles] Bert's Mace-DR rigpack, available now!!!

• Now all that's left to do for some friendly Kemper-user is to create a dutch version of this forum and the Kemper manuals and the youtube demo's :D

• Ok guys ....I'm going out on a limb here ........ but

These profiles didn't really jump out at me as that 'great' . Couple of useable ones alright and nicely eq'd , ready to play etc... but they didn't really grip me the way a lot of Mike Britts did.

There .I said it!

• I guess it's just the nature of the beast. We all hear things a different way. For me, diversity (in offerings) is good. My keeper ratio of this pack is extremely high, much better than with the one you mention. There's another profiler who gets rave reviews and after I bought maybe 10 packs years ago, I no longer use any of them. Too strident to my ears, but then I have very sensitive ears and even wear ear plugs often in daily life (but then, Bangkok is very noisy). To others who've spent 10 years in front of a Marshall stack on 11, those same profiles might be by far the best. My personal favorites are TAF, BM, and Soundside. It's always nice when now top pros get into this game because each has their own way of doing things.

Edited once, last by GASbag ().

• Hi there

i tried a lot of different commercial profiles. The funny thing is that as always in life it is a matter of taste, guitar used, how loud you play, playing style and daily variations of many other circumstances. I have some very strong profiles from Andy, MBritt and Guido Bungenstock. All have them have specific characteristics that may fit the purpose for a certain situation. Guidos profiles are e.g, brighter (they rock like hell!!) vs MBritts (bit more dull but very juicy) and this can be highly wanted or may not be adequate because of whatever reasons. I also bought this premium (and hyped) profiles from Mr Wagner. For me they were ok but not stunning at all for my purpose. I also thought if I should buy the profiles from Bert (because he plays them very nicely) but then I am hesitating because at some point of time the point of excellence is achieved with what you have. All this is very individual..

Cheers Sacapuntas

• I definitely agree with it being a matter of taste. I can appreciate the quality in all the commercial profiles that I've bought, but some just click with me. For me, the highest hit rates have been TAF, MBritt and now Bert. However, it's also a matter of application. MBritt's are great for live, TAF's for recording. Bert's seem to work for both! There are others that I like that are enjoyable in other scenarios, such as Guido's (GREAT for noodling!), Pete's Profiles, TopJimi's, Sinmix's etc. etc.

• at some point of time the point of excellence is achieved with what you have.

Taste is what it is. I don't want to react on taste matters. But I'm sorry, I definitely don't go for the one that's quoted....I don't know if this is the right English expression but as far as I'm concerned to stand still is to backslide..I'm always looking for improvement!! Improvement in playing as in sound and in this case improvement in making my profiles. I'll never say that the point of excellence is achieved with what I have...imo that would be the end of my career as a sessionplayer, as a musician and as a profiler..

Bert's seem to work for both!

Yeah Sam, that's what I'm trying to achieve

• just bought pack 2 last night. i ran through them quickly and there are some tones that i will use. right off the bat i like the clean bassman profiles. thanks bert!

Thanks man !!! If you like the bassman I think you'll like the Jackson and the Greenpoint too. I use them a lot in my sessions. The blend in songs is so good imo :thumbup:

• I definitely agree with it being a matter of taste. I can appreciate the quality in all the commercial profiles that I've bought, but some just click with me. For me, the highest hit rates have been TAF, MBritt and now Bert. However, it's also a matter of application. MBritt's are great for live, TAF's for recording. Bert's seem to work for both! There are others that I like that are enjoyable in other scenarios, such as Guido's (GREAT for noodling!), Pete's Profiles, TopJimi's, Sinmix's etc. etc.

I agree with what's been said by a few already. Tone is subjective. And we play (or try to play) different kinds of music, so not many amps/profiles will be ideal for all Kemper users. And our guitars are also part of the equation, so some profiles will suit them better than others. Breu says he wants to reach excellence, and his second pack may well be better than the first. I haven't tried either (yet), so I can't tell, but many have praised both packs, so it makes sense to say his work will satisfy most buyers. Very probably, me too. And yet, are we getting any closer to "the best profiles ever"? And best for you is best for me too? I've bought some great recent profiles from several folks, but I keep on going back to some of the earlier profiles (2012). The point is that there is saturation both in the Rig Exch and in the profiling business. I have been a Kemper user for less than two months and I haven't been able to examine thoroughly the many profiles I've got thru R Exch, free downloads or Paypal. I haven't bought so many, but I feel it will take me ages to reselect profiles that were not "love at first sigfht".There are some many amps being profiled that we would like to have them all, since most of us cannot afford buying a few of those amazing real amps in the first place (not to mention where to store them), but buying the profiles of such amps is way cheaper. And yet, we may end up having four packs of the same amp if we wish to be redundant! Perhaps we have not examined the profiles we've already got well enough and in different conditions (try various guitars if we own them, stage levels, bedroom level, headphones, studio monitors, whatever), and there we go searching for more profiles which may or may not be better than the ones we've got. And as it often happens with HIFI, we get used to a sound, then we hear something new and the old sound becomes boring, dull. Coming back to this new Pack Two, the truth is it seems pretty good. I'll probably buy it, but I think I'll wait till I have explored the profiles I've got a bit more!

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Taste is what it is. I don't want to react on taste matters. But I'm sorry, I definitely don't go for the one that's quoted....I don't know if this is the right English expression but as far as I'm concerned to stand still is to backslide..I'm always looking for improvement!! Improvement in playing as in sound and in this case improvement in making my profiles. I'll never say that the point of excellence is achieved with what I have...imo that would be the end of my career as a sessionplayer, as a musician and as a profiler..

Yeah Sam, that's what I'm trying to achieve

What I meant was that the sound of a profile is not the limiting factor at all. I am fully convinced that there a many quality profiles already out there and that you can achieve a lot of great tone with those. At the end it is the excellence in playing what makes the difference not the next set of another 1000s of profiles.

• Of course now there are A LOT of excellent profiles around, everybody got his own taste and can find the right ones. Andy, Armin, MBritt ect. offer excellent profiles, too, for me Bert's profiles fit perfectly and actually I could just use the 2 packs and that's it. Maybe because we both are long-time session-players with a similar playing-style and taste, similar guitars ect., everything on this planet is subjective. ;)

I just watched the DVD of the last tour I did (Gregorian - Final Chapter Live) and I used 80% of Bert's 1st pack (guitars: Fender Custom Shop Strat '56 reissue, Les Paul Goldtop '73, Les Paul Studio) and they sound brilliant in the mix. :thumbup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Ok guys ....I'm going out on a limb here ........ but

These profiles didn't really jump out at me as that 'great' . Couple of useable ones alright and nicely eq'd , ready to play etc... but they didn't really grip me the way a lot of Mike Britts did.

There .I said it!

I only use the Kemper for recording. Berts, to me, record the best. I still bounce around to other profiles but when I'm on a time crunch its just Berts. I also dig Britts profiles and I use them a lot also. I like that Bert uses different cabs - to me that makes them more useful when layering parts. Its all personal opinion but coming from recording amps in a room, Berts just sound more "right" to me. The beautiful thing is that there are so many nuggets to choose from in the Kemper world. Life is good.

• Hi guys,

I made a little demo of the Bassman profile from pack#2.
    One of my favorites

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi guys,

I made a little demo of the Bassman profile from pack#2.
    One of my favorites

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wow, freakin' awesome man !!!!! Thanks a lot :thumbup: