[BM Profiles] Bert's Mace-DR rigpack, available now!!!

• I like this !! Sounds pretty cool :thumbup: Thanks Alessandro :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

total finger and tonecontrol...so dammn - smoothed - played!!!

Never seen anyone hold the pick like that, interesting! And what great playing!

• I hold the pick like that (closed fist too), but the similarities end there, and I can't use other fingers for pickin' either.

Awesome!

Not just the closed fist, but the location of the pick on the thumb. It looks like he's holding it on the knuckle, or further in than the knuckle of his thumb. And he uses the knuckle to slightly change the angle of the pick, and to help with upstrokes as well.
    Apparently (from a google search) that further-in grip is more popular with bluegrass players? Dunno :P

• Yeah, I don't know either, mate; it's just what felt comfortable for me. Also, I worked with a very, very-good guitarist (as a bass player) professionally when I left school, and used the way his hand looked as a guide (from memory) many years later when I picked up a guitar. All I could remember was the closed fist. The more you close it, the closer to the base of the thumb the pick gets positioned AFAICT.

I hold the pick like that (closed fist too)

As I said, it's the pick I was talking about; the closed-fist thing just makes it look even more like my hand - apart from bringing other fingers into it for picking, which I've actually never tried. One small step at a time for me, brother. LOL

At any rate, I loved the clip. I can only dream of being able to play like that!

• For me, 2016 was a remarkable year..I started selling my profiles december 2015. I was very doubtful if they were good enough...I was just a sessionguy who started profiling his own studiogear...
    Now, one year later, guitarplayers from all over the world are using my profiled sounds...for that I'm very happy and it makes me feel a bit proud :)

I wanna thank everyone who supported me in 2016 and I wanna wish you all a very happy New Year and all the best for 2017 !!!!!! :thumbup:

• For me, 2016 was a remarkable year..I started selling my profiles december 2015. I was very doubtful if they were good enough...I was just a sessionguy who started profiling his own studiogear...
    Now, one year later, guitarplayers from all over the world are using my profiled sounds...for that I'm very happy and it makes me feel a bit proud :)

I wanna thank everyone who supported me in 2016 and I wanna wish you all a very happy New Year and all the best for 2017 !!!!!! :thumbup:

Same to you Bert. Happy new year!

Well, you're a celebrity now. Live with it! :) All the best in 2017!

Now, one year later, guitarplayers from all over the world are using my profiled sounds...for that I'm very happy and it makes me feel a bit proud

I wanna thank everyone who supported me in 2016 and I wanna wish you all a very happy New Year and all the best for 2017 !!!!!!

Your more than a "session guy" Bert, your a great guy :) Thanks so much for all your hard work, making these profile for us.
    Glad to know you. Happy New Year to you too :thumbup:

Respectfully

John

2 x Folreden Relic Strats - Folreden Les Paul - Kemper Stage - Cubase Pro13 - Suhr Classic S

• Well, you're a celebrity now. Live with it! All the best in 2017!

@Ingolf I most certainly wouldn't call it like that but ok, I'll try to live with it :):) ..It's not gonna be easy though..I'm used to act in the background being a sessionplayer (which I like very much) :thumbup: All the best in 2017 to you too !!

Your more than a "session guy" Bert, your a great guy Thanks so much for all your hard work, making these profile for us.
    Glad to know you. Happy New Year to you too

Respectfully

John

@johnboy10 Thanks John, that's too kind. Thanks for the great vids you made. I'm looking forward to the next one :thumbup: Have a great 2017 !!!

• Yeah, there are many vendors out there; many do offer great rigs that with this or that guitar can sound terrific, but only a few offer excellent rigs that work very well with different guitars and in different conditions. Bert is one of those in my opinion. Among the best. Keep up the good work. And a good 2017 for you (and us all).

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Since I'm using the 2 packs from Bert I'm not longer searching for more profiles, there's actually all I need. I'm using some other profiles, too (MBritt, Andy, Armin, Guido, RE, my own ones), but most of the profiles I'm using right now are from Bert, he did a more than excellent job.

Biggest plus: Bert's profiles are very well pre-selected, they are ready to use out of the box. You don't have to listen to hundreds of profiles to find a few good ones. And they are very versatile, too.

I'll be using them on the upcoming Gregorian-tour very soon:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I'm pretty much using Bert's exclusively at the moment, too!
    By the way Guenter, a local TV station here in Copenhagen televised a Gregorian show just before Christmas, though I think it must have been one of their scaled-down gigs; there was only an acoustic player and a guy on keyboards as the live musicians, the rest was on backing track. I recorded the show, hoping to get a look at you in action, but alas it was just your stand in on stage. Next time!

• Hi Guys,

So, I got the New Andy Timmons Album for Christmas :D , what an awesome album. This track from that Album jumped out at me, so just had to learn it.

I used another profile from Bert's Pack 2. The Jackson Amp, wow! what an amp, very expressive and detailed. Loving it.

Hope you dig this :)

John

External Content youtu.be

2 x Folreden Relic Strats - Folreden Les Paul - Kemper Stage - Cubase Pro13 - Suhr Classic S

• Dig it. Awesome as usual John.
    Cheers
    Frank