[BM Profiles] Bert's Mace-DR rigpack, available now!!!

• Hi Bert,

I want to compliment you on Both your profile packs!!! :thumbup:

As a notorius gear trader and tone seaking tweaker I was resisting the temptation of buying a Kemper Head....Afraid I would spend more time downloading profiles and tweaking instead of playing guitar. As Temptation and GAS grew I took a plunge and sold some gear to buy myself a Kemper Head :)
    As expected ....for the notorius toneseaker and tweaker that I am ,I spend more time downloading profiles and tweaking the hell out of them :whistling: instead of playing guitar....
    Then you came along (actually your Bert Meulendijk pack 1&2) :thumbup::thumbup:
    With your musicall ear, expertise and zillion yrs of experience in live playing and studio work - your profiles are great out of the box!!! From rythm to solo, funky, clean all profiles have the right amount of reverb/delay and are tweaked to a pro level that even I....The notorius tonetweaker just can't match
    I am actually playing more guitar now without having the urge to tweak 8o It is plug and play -as they say - Gorgeous tones with no hassels :thumbup:

Thanks man for making my life a hell of a lot easier!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

• Its such a joy to see the EFFECT these profiles are having on users and the creativity coming out too.. awesome John!
    Now i dont feel so bad for nagging Bert to do a second pack ..my guilt is gone!! :thumbup:

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Yeah, I don't know either, mate; it's just what felt comfortable for me. Also, I worked with a very, very-good guitarist (as a bass player) professionally when I left school, and used the way his hand looked as a guide (from memory) many years later when I picked up a guitar. All I could remember was the closed fist. The more you close it, the closer to the base of the thumb the pick gets positioned AFAICT.

As I said, it's the pick I was talking about; the closed-fist thing just makes it look even more like my hand - apart from bringing other fingers into it for picking, which I've actually never tried. One small step at a time for me, brother. LOL
    At any rate, I loved the clip. I can only dream of being able to play like that!

For close fistness........ just check on Frank Gambale........... Cant be that bad hey!! ;)

• For close fistness........ just check on Frank Gambale........... Cant be that bad hey!!

Indeed!

IIRC Frank's family used to own (or still does?) the store from which I buy all my stuff (inter-state). Been listening to him on and off for maybe 30 years.

EDIT: Ash, you can rest easy brother. Bert's forever on the case, man.

• Hi Bert/ALL.....Bert i have a challenge for you ..May i ask you here??? :D
    Ok..... easy now you dont have to do it...:)

If you can make a profile for a STRAT, like this sound with effects...i am going to send you 50 euros for it!!..." :rolleyes:;)
    i am looking for this specific type (can sound like it or just as good)
    Reggae /FX and its has to be killer like this ...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes you can play around with a profile from pack 1 and 2...(i have them) to sound like it.....
    Just let me know what pick up to use (ie middle or neck etc)
    But it has to be killer....psst i know it will and will send you the love/thanks any ways ^^

tell me this is not THE Reggae style........
    its okay just a challenge if you want to do it and take time if you do :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Probably have to wait until the Kemper gods give us a proper spring reverb there, Ash!

• Probably have to wait until the Kemper gods give us a proper spring reverb there, Ash!

Hi, i think this sound is possible with one of Bert profiles. What about the sound? It needs a clean amp with the right cab and especially the used effects. An Autowah, a bit of the right delay and a reverb settet right to the tone, means a boost of the high frequencies. Sorry, didnt have the time to tweak it, but i think its possible eith some patience. Maybe i give it a try on the weekend.

Cheers
    Frank

• Hi bro,

just a quick quick tweak with Berts BM Jacky NC30 F1
    First with delay and reverb, last with only reverb and an touch wah. The guy is playing with a real wah, i tried it in the first part but you must be careful with the mix of the pedal and it takes surely time to find the right parameters. This check was done in 5 minutes, so i think if you take more time in tweaking, the sound of the vid is possible with Berts Profiles and the kpa. The reverb i have chosen is Hall Mix 39,4 time 4,0 damp 0, Predelay 249, bandw. 0, Frequency +2,5, Volume - 1,1

Hope you like it and keep on tweaking :D

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Whoa, what a surprise, Frank aside from being a great guitarist you also happen to be one of the nicest guys.
    I feel sorry for people with out a kemper as they are missing out on the great folk/community here.
    Frank thank you so much i never expected that what a surprise brother.

Frank you know (and other guitarist) that when you hear a sound in your head some times lines
    just flow, when i heard the first video almost a complete improvised song came out
    listening to yours tweak of Berts spawned more ideas ...its a great tone and technique.
    Sounded great and close to me Frank

That really did work well . Some thing about that noodling too make you wanna fire up a ......
    Frank thanks so much again illl do some tweaking on the suggested profile on the Strat and Gibson.

You can do "virtuoso" Stuff with Reggae too..but we all knew that.

Ash

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• ............. talking about Frank Gambale ( somewhere?) and closed fisted right hand........... As they say... he virtually "invented / reinvented shredding. Saw him here doing a workshop in the late 80s and that blew our minds. Fer sure!!

External Content www.youtube.com

• Thx for your nice comment Ash. I am glad to help you.

Cheers
    Frank

• Its just such a great experience to be around gentleman and Great players like you guys.
    Thanks again to Frank and Bert. Bert thank you so much but take as long as you want.

Frank has made a great start :) , he has got me tweaking all night and having fun :)

Ash