[BM Profiles] Bert's Mace-DR rigpack, available now!!!

• The majority of the profiles use a Bogner 2x12 with V30s and the cleans are using a Buddy cab with a 70 watt 1x12 V30. There are plenty of merged profiles if you wish to use other cabs.

Great; thanks for the reply. I hoped they would be V30s and/or greenbacks. I purchased the pack but won't have a chance to try them until tonight.

• Thank you guys for all your great posts !!! It makes this guy very very happy :thumbup:

And thank you @Eltzejupp Frank for providing me the first soundsample on the forum/net taken from this F-man profiles. Really cool man and some serious sustain you got there :thumbup:

@Lex81 It took me a lot of time to nail this one, most difficult amp so far but in the end I didn't change that much. I really tried a lot of cab, mic and speaker set ups but my favourite profiles were mic'd with my favourite mic combination, an U47/SM57. And for this amp Vintage 30's are really cool.

So the next thing I'll do is finishing the soundsamples :)

Thank you all !!!!

• When I was going through the profiles, I remembered a youtube video which in my opinion sounded very cool.
    It was the "Friedman BE-100 with Phil X" video (you probably know it)
    So I thought, is it possible to nail that sound with Bert's profile set.....
    Well I came very close (but I can't record it at the moment)

I used the "BM F-Man M G8/boost B" profile, changed the EQ with the front knobs with the settings: bass:0; middle: +1.5; treble: +0.5; presence: +0.7 and used of course a guitar in Eb (which he also uses in the video)
    The guitar used was a ESP LTD EC-1000FR so an EMG 81 in the bridge.

Now only find the correct delay setting of the video (not that the delay setting of Bert is bad) ;)

Great pack by the way, thanks Bert!

• I did a very fast test with my LP. Lots of profiles to choose from here. The cleans are surprisingly good, but it is the high gain profiles that..literally kick us in the ass. Sustain for days and that feeling of hey look at me I'm a rock star. I had to turn the guitar's volume knob down to tame the beast. Good response to the knobs. In a live situation you may have to go for it quite frequently. Or somebody will throw you a mike or something. :D But great when recording or when unwanted feedback is not probable. A great pack that shows Bert can get a good Kemper sound from any amp.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Thx Bert! The first thougt when i plugged the joe perry was "man, this profiles are done for the gibson", yessss, endless sustain. This was the first time for me to get this feel and the long and creamy slash solotone is pure fun to play with. I changed the guitars and what can i say, every guitar sounds amazing with this profile. I didnt had the time to check another profile today, but i am shure tomorrow i find more gems. Well well done Bert. One of the best sounds i got. Yesterday i have done some soundsamples of Mickrichs profiles and checked out an SL5 one for slashs tone. It is also a great amp and a very good profile ( you can hear it on my soundcloud with the same backing track). I love you guys for given us such great profiles and kemper for given us this machine!

• Great Demo's Frank as always and what a great bunch of helpful reviews/info from ALL
    I am not paying a discount for that quality Bert! :P:rolleyes::thumbup:
    Done!!

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Oh guys, i checked out the merged ones this morning and i found a laboga 2x12 from sinmix to combine. I cant believe the power which comes out of my small rcf 10" . I saw the phil x video and i saw his smile and fun presenting this amp. You def get this awesome sound out of this! The cleans are also outstanding. My ears are bleeding and i am happy that my wife isnt at home today, so i can play the gems very loud.

Pure fun!!!!!

• Hi Steinberger,

Those are great EQ settings - like em a lot , perfect for a Beasty sound - thanks for sharing :thumbup::thumbup:

What kind of equipment do you use? Do you get this beasty sound out of studio monitors with the bogner cab from Bert and this eq settings? I checked this Studioprofile and the recommended settings with my rookits rp6 g3 monitors and my rcf 10" frfr and i didnt get the video sound with these settings. I got a very midrange sound with less definition when i crank up the mid eq to + 1,5. to come near to the vid sound i have to change the bogner cab to another cab to get this clear definition of the low e and a string. It works, i got this vid sound nearly but not with the recommende eq settings and the bogner cab.

Cheers
    Frank

• Hi Frank,

I do use Bert's cab , Have 2 JBL LSR 305's combined with a Laney IRT x monitor cabs. (Big Wall of sound ^^ ) I Have a US '79 Strat with a Quarter pounder in the Bridge position .

The sound is indeed midrangey -in a good way- ( i do switch off Berts EQ in the effects slot) but with my gear it sounds Real fat and upfront. Maybe with your gear you need to tweak it a little to your liking? I do find the preset EQ's

within the

Kemper effects slot a very good starting point for a lot of tweaks that I do. When I need more presence , a little tweak on the pick attack (amp softbutton )sometimes is enough ?

Hope this helps a little ,

cheers

G.

• THX for your response. Yes, you said it, it's midrangey in good way, thats cool, but it's not the sound near to the phil x vid as recommended from steinberger. To catch this sound imho you have to change the cab. As written, i came very near by with a laboga cab (never used it before) but i had a run down to most of my stored cabs and when i reached this laboga one i had a smile on my face.

This amp is absolutly killer!