[BM Profiles] Bert's Mace-DR rigpack, available now!!!

• Hey Bert,

I bought your JCM800 package yesterday and so far I am quite happy with it.

The Bert1 M800 max A for example, I understand correctly that Gain was at Max on the JCM800 without any Boost pedal ?
    Do you might remember what the other settings highs, mids, lows, presence were ?

Cheers,
    David

• Hi David, yeah that’s correct. Gain at max, no boost… unfortunately I can’t remember what the other settings were.. Apologies for that!!

I did 5 amps at the same session and didn’t write that down..:(

• Hi David, yeah that’s correct. Gain at max, no boost… unfortunately I can’t remember what the other settings were.. Apologies for that!!

I did 5 amps at the same session and didn’t write that down..:(

Thanks for your reply Bert.

The mentioned Hellmouth used for the Bert3 and Bert5 Profiles - is this the Abominable Electronics HELLMOUTH ?

Bert3 is than JCM800 Gain at (gain max or 12:15 ?) and with full Hellmouth Boost ?
    While at Bert5 profiles the gain is a little bit more in a lower gain section ?

I like the Bert3 profiles the best so far.

Thanks again for the very nice profiles.

• Hahaha, very nice Bert... now here it is, Pandora's, box is open now. So you triggered us. And here are the very obvious key questions that bang in all our heads now:

Which amps and when will the packs come out? 8o8)

Hahaha, well… it’s all highgain stuff 8o

Today or tomorrow I’ll release my EVH 5150 III pack…the rest of it I don’t know yet..But I’m working on a 6505, Engl invader, VH2 and a Dual Rectifier :P

• yeah that’s the hellmouth but probably an older one.. I saw a pic of the current hellmouth and it looks slightly different..

To be honest, I don’t pay very much attention to settings… if I think it sounds good and it works great in a track then I take the profile..

That’s leading..

• My main faves have been The very first Profile: "A" , 3'o clock A and Max A. IMO the ones with a boost are best for leads especially the H mouth that seems much thicker than the TS9s. Although I am mostly a humbucker user, I love the sound of my tele with Max A, IMO it's one of the best and most versatile profiles for a Kemper. I prefer to use it with a boost in the Kemper, than use a profile with a "baked in" boost. But I feel that way about almost most all profile packs, I never like the boosted profiles as much as I like the "raw" ones and adding a boost from the kemper. Instead of adding just gain and a slightly different tone, it does more with the attack, touch, and harmonics that way but I understand people want to add flavors, and amps like a JCM800 don't have a ton of variety on their own but what they do, they do amazing when you have a good one.

• Bert's 5150 pack is out!

"I’ve released another brand-new pack.
    I proudly present my 5150 pack. Hi-gain to the max!!

The amp that first launched the EVH line, the 5150III® 100-Watt Head is ideal for almost any playing style you can think of.

I’ve mainly focused on raw rhythms and soaring high gains, the blue and the red channel.

This is the Holy Grail of Tone that Eddie Van Halen has chased his whole life — a super-heavy crunch channel and an off-the-scale overdrive channel you simply won't believe. Each of the channels has gain, low, mid, high, volume and presence controls.

Under the hood, this amp features eight JJ ECC83S (12AX7) preamp tubes and four JJ 6L6 matched power tubes.

As said before I only profiled the blue and red channel because I wanted to focus on the high-gain specialty of this extraordinary amp.

This pack contains 90 profiles and 10 DI profiles."

8)

• Haha thank you brother Nicky :):thumbup::):thumbup:

• Bert, I have a question about this amazing pack that I've been meaning to ask. I'm asking here as others may want to know as well. The profile M800A comments read "gain: Max", While M800 3o'clock that has more gain on the dial comments read : "gain 12:15"

Did it just so happen that moving the mic out gave it more perceived gain to the Kemper?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Dear Kemperfriends, as already announced by Monkey_Man in a post before hereby the release of my 5150 pack!!

90 profiles + 10 DI profiles, tight as hell like you can expect from an amp like this!! This high-gain stuff in new for me but it was really fun doing it and there is more to come!!

Soundcloud soundsamples can be heard here

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

for a free profile go to https://bertmeulendijkprofiles.com/5150-free-profile.html

To purchase the 5150 pack go to https://bertmeulendijkprofiles.com/5150-pack.html

Introduction and Christmas price € 15,50....

• Very nice Bert, impressive collection of great cabs there in that small video... and nice studio! Not sure if there is a hidden message in the fact that your announcement comes as posting no. six-six-six from you 8o

• Very nice Bert, impressive collection of great cabs there in that small video... and nice studio! Not sure if there is a hidden message in the fact that your announcement comes as posting no. six-six-six from you 8o

LOL hahaha, oeps yeah I also noticed that...but unfortunately it is what it is..no hidden messages that I know about..:S

• Hey Bert, I've been using your profiles almost exclusively for a while now; I can barely catch up with the awesome stuff you put out. Kemper wouldn't be the same without your amazing contribution, in fact your profiles are the reason I'm still digging the Kemper so much and I am so grateful. I recorded a few albums this year and end up using your profiles almost all the time. I just recently got into your XTC pack which I love and with the right tweaks and stompboxes, I'm using them to record on many things these days.

However, I sometimes wished you used the matching/original cab more often; for example, the majority of higher gain profiles from the XTC pack seem to have Marshall 2x12 or 4x12 cabs and while it's great to explore this variety of tones, the cab has such a big influence on the voicing of the profile that the signature tone of the XTC amp sometimes gets lost or ends up sounding like something else - same thing with the Friedman amp for example. I often end up locking the matching cab from another profile to try to mitigate this but I'm sure the cab division algorithm from Kemper isn't perfect. I still get great tones regardless, but it is probably not as kosher as if it was profiled with the original cab in the first place and requires a bit more messing around before I find the right profile. Anyway, there is probably a good reason you do this and getting your hands on the matching cab might be difficult sometimes so it is just a thought that you can totally disregard if you disagree!

I used to use a lot of Michael Britt profiles earlier but started to dislike how he used the same cab for every amp (at least on his earlier profiling); I could see the point for live but for recording, it really robs the signature tone from the different amps and entire packs of niche amps profiles ended up sounding almost the same.

Btw, if you ever run out of idea of what to profile, a detailed profiling of your Soldano SLO would probably be a hit! (but I still have to get up to date with your JCM 800 and this new 5150 pack first!) Thanks again for your great work and commitment.

• I sometimes wished you used the matching/original cab more often; for example, the majority of higher gain profiles from the XTC pack seem to have Marshall 2x12 or 4x12 cabs and while it's great to explore this variety of tones, the cab has such a big influence on the voicing of the profile that the signature tone of the XTC amp sometimes gets lost or ends up sounding like something else - same thing with the Friedman amp for example.

I think the only real solution to your problem is to lock a cab you prefer. I use some of his profiles with a greenback and some with a V30. I just consider them part of the "different sound". I usually don't mix and match cabs, (although I could understand why someone would want to particularly live) it either is the sound I want or not. I've found many profiles of different amps will sound very similar when the same cab is used, I agree the cab makes a big difference. There really isn't a "Freidman cab" sound. It's just a box with Celestions in it. I'm not looking for exact accuracy of the amp / stock cab, just that it sounds great. His 800 profiles don't sound exactly like my 800s do with matching cabs, (albeit close) we both have different amps and will get different results with mics and techniques. As long as it sounds great, I'm on board.

• However, I sometimes wished you used the matching/original cab more often; for example, the majority of higher gain profiles from the XTC pack seem to have Marshall 2x12 or 4x12 cabs

you can use the DI profiles and use a real cab or an IR

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• Bert, I have a question about this amazing pack that I've been meaning to ask. I'm asking here as others may want to know as well. The profile M800A comments read "gain: Max", While M800 3o'clock that has more gain on the dial comments read : "gain 12:15"

Did it just so happen that moving the mic out gave it more perceived gain to the Kemper?

Dynochrome , Apologies, soooo busy with the 5150 release so this reply comes a bit late..
    I checked what you have written on my Kemper and I see that max has a bit more gain then the 3 ‘o clock ones.
    In rigmanager it looks equal (the blocks) but on the Kemper the leds indicate that there’s an bit more gain in the max ones. Not much though..
    Most of the time I use a studio EQ in my profiles. Also in the M800 profiles.
    There is a difference between the 3 ‘o clocks and the max which can cause a more “in your face” sound so to speak…Maybe it’s that you notice..?

I hope this gives an answer to your question…

• JedMckenna Hi Jed,

Thank you so much for your compliments and also for your advice and comments. I find these comments very useful and will of course take them into consideration. Highly appreciated!!

Imo a Bogner 412 cab is just a 4 x 12 just like almost any other 4 x 12 cab. I honestly don't think a Bogner 412 with V30 sounds very different from a Marshall cab with V30....The condition is of course that the cab is of good quality but I don't think it makes the difference in letting a Bogner Ecstacy sound great and unique.

It can vary greatly from example to example though so I've noticed.

For example, with the Wisseloord pack I could choose from 10 different Marshall cabs. Only one sounded really good.

With the Bogner pack, my Marshall cabs simply sounded better than my 2x12 Bogner cab. So I used the Marshall cabs simply because everything came into its own better.

Fortunately I have now found a 4x12 Bogner cabinet with V30 that sounds fantastic. I used it in the JCM800 and 5150 packs.

But I completely agree with you that for certain amps the corresponding cab should be used because of the uniqueness.