[BM Profiles] Bert's Mace-DR rigpack, available now!!!

• Absolutely MAGIC Frank! , tone and playing.

Ash

Many thx Ash,

Oh oh this pack makes me mad. You know that I tweak and play a lot with amps like the markV, JP2c , Boogie markIV and Carvin legacy to get the sound from Vai or Petrucci. These ones are also very nice but here is something different. In former times the first thing I have done with a profile was to swap the cab to my beloved 1960 cab. This is not necessary here and something more is, I don't have to change the eq too much. For my taste or with my equipment all of the profiles are a bitt too dark, but I found out my standard tweak. I reduce the mids a little , treble up ( just a little) maybe also a bit of more definition. But all of this parameters just a little bit. I think it only depends on the different guitars and pickup's.

My first impression with my strat was: Fuck, where is that clearness and dang in my tone like in Berts soundsamples? It took my a while to find the right combination of my eq tweak and I had a big smile on my face after reaching nearly Berts soundsampletone with my strat. After that the fun begins. Hours of playing . The only other rig I played the last days was a 5150iii 50 watt ( just to tweak it for a good good friend).

I haven't checked all profiles of the pack with all my guitars and I bet I will find out many more gems here.
    My test will go on with the gibsons.

Cheers Frank

and thx Bert!!!

• I haven't checked all profiles of the pack with all my guitars and I bet I will find out many more gems here.

Frank, I share your enthusiasm for this pack and I am happy to listen your tweaks. :thumbup:
    It is really a luxury problem that we get now such an excellent material additional to the many good profiles we already have.

I ordered a new Strat yesterday from my Luthier and will wait with the reworking of Berts profiles until it is finished.
    Certainly there will be some performances worth to revise.

I want the strat to be equipped with hand-wound PU's by David Barfuß (DE) and have chosen the "E-Johnson tone set." http://www.barfuss-pickups.de/s-style-tonabnehmer/
    Still I can change my mind for the next 2 weeks.
    If someone has practical experience with this PU's, I am grateful for suggestions and tips.
    I tried this combination yesterday with a fender amplifier for a short time and I liked it very much.

Here is a short description of the PU' s:
    E. Johnson "Tones" Set: Pickup Set: The combination of `54 Style Singlecoils in bridge and neck position in combination with a `63 Style Singlecoil in the centre of the pickguard makes this set very versatile.
    While the two `54 Style pickups transmit a very warm, sweet tone, the `63 pickup in switch position 2 and 4 of the five-way switch adds fine, pearling treble parts. (BTW: my favourite positions)
    The bridge pickup has a few more turns so that it never gets thin even with overloaded amplifiers.
    - Vintage style Black Bobbins.
    - 54 Style alnico III neck pickup.
    - 63 Style alnico III middle pickup.
    Overwound `54 style alnico V bridge pickup
    Staggered Alnico magnets for tonal balance.
    - come with covers and stainless steel screws

• Who‘s the luthier?

• Here's a sample with the gibson.

Profile TKL clean 1

All Guitars are played with this one profile. I used berts boost and berts tubescreamer and also only the clean profile. Added the delay and a reverb.
    Delay is one of berts standard delay tapped to tmpo. The reverb is tzweaked:
    mix 17,1, DelRev balance+12, time 6, Damp 0,predelay 1ms, Bandw 4,2, Freq -0,2

I used the neck pu for the tubescreamer sound and both pu's (switch in the middle) for the clean sounds.

I faded out the drum and bass at the end, so you can better hear what happens.

Ah, I forgot: Main eq: Bass-0,3, middle-1,3treble +0,5, Presence-0,5
    Definition 6,9, Power sag 3,2
    Think this tweak makes the gibby shine

Hope you like it

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers
    Frank

• Frank besides being a bad ass guitar player and having ability to make magic tweaks , you know what man, you do a great contribution and service to the community, as you call out BS when you cant get the same sound with the rig /sound presented, i have seen it all the time
    mystery sounds and BS, dont give us this crap.

your honest and you dont give F##k, i respect that.
    Bert makes rigs that are honest and he tests them on all guitars and even Beta testers
    WHAT YOU HEAR IS WHAT YOU GET.

end of story.

when some one post some magic sound , Frank will flush you out
    its for your own good. and that playing is bad ass man
    Frank you fing rock man

Hugz

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Many thx Ash,

For me it's pure fun to check out what's behind a profile or a sound which so many guys praise. Sometimes I don't understand reactions about profiles because there are so many profiles that sound not so good right out of the box, but fortunatly there are man many good ones ( commercials and rm profiles).

I don't want to overpace here, but the profiles from the wisselord pack are the best ones I have ever loaded on my kpa and you know I am not a pro and not a cool strat player like Bert or Michael Riesenbeck or many others here. These profiles made me play all of my guitars, I din't touched the gibsons and the strat for a long time, but yet it's fun to play with. I love this Mayer sounds and I invest hours of playing with my strat and the marshall profiles. The biggest thing for me is that this fun and this sound inspire me to play and to practice and the playing gets better and better imho.

But I won't only praise this pack. As written, there are many gems outside and I also want to thank all the other cool guys like Guido, Ivan, Sinmix and and and. All of them do a great job and they get better and better like good wine.

I have the best hobby in the world, the best equipment ( kpa) and the best profiles ( fortunately too much for 100 years ).

So thank you all, I'm happy as a puppy.

Cheers
    Frank

• But I won't only praise this pack. As written, there are many gems outside and I also want to thank all the other cool guys like Guido, Ivan, Sinmix and and and. All of them do a great job and they get better and better like good wine.

I have the best hobby in the world, the best equipment ( kpa) and the best profiles ( fortunately too much for 100 years ).

Seriously well said Frank, many of us feel the exact same way and as Ash said, "the community" really appreciates your input and output! :thumbup:

• All of them do a great job and they get better and better like good wine.

This is something have noticed with pretty much all commercial vendors. Which is pretty natural of course.

But for sure it doesn’t make it any easier for new vendors that need to have profiling chops together pretty much right away to get notified among the more seasoned guys. ;)

Great pack this latest one, again!

• Hey guys, I am totally blown away by this sound. I can play hours with it.

It reminds me to a sound of a famous guitarplayer, but I forgot the name. ;)

I used an ML DI profile with a 1960 cab. Pure cabinet at 3,9, high shift at -0,8, Low shift at +0,6 to get a little boxy sound.

Harmonic pitch in slot mod, key b/dm, boost +2,0 in front of the amp.

Guitar Jem 777FP, neck pu dimarzio paf 1989.

As written, everything is possible with these profiles. Honestly, it takes 5 minutes to get this sound. Thank's god it's saturday and the weather is not so good. I know what I do today....

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers
    Frank

• Bert makes rigs that are honest and he tests them on all guitars and even Beta testers
    WHAT YOU HEAR IS WHAT YOU GET.

Yeah Ash, that's what I'm always trying to accomplish. My soundsamples are always straight KPA into protools....Usually I use my Folreden JM strat for profiling, it covers strat as well as humbucker in a way. For testing I take a strat ( my signature Folreden or a masterbuilt one or my '65), my Hansen Tele, Les Paul M2M and my '66 ES335
    So yes, what you hear is what you get :!:

I don't want to overpace here, but the profiles from the wisselord pack are the best ones I have ever loaded on my kpa

Frank,I am increasingly humbled by the compliments that are being paid to me but this one is the best I've ever read till now :thumbup::thumbup:
    Thanks for all your efforts in demoing so many tracks !! I take a deep bow and I owe you a frikandel <3:!::thumbup:

• Yeah Ash, that's what I'm always trying to accomplish. My soundsamples are always straight KPA into protools....Usually I use my Folreden JM strat for profiling, it covers strat as well as humbucker in a way. For testing I take a strat ( my signature Folreden or a masterbuilt one or my '65), my Hansen Tele, Les Paul M2M and my '66 ES335So yes, what you hear is what you get :!:

Frank,I am increasingly humbled by the compliments that are being paid to me but this one is the best I've ever read till now :thumbup::thumbup: Thanks for all your efforts in demoing so many tracks !! I take a deep bow and I owe you a frikandel <3:!::thumbup:

What compliment? It's only a fact :thumbup:
    Maybe there will be time this summer to eat a fricandel together.
    My wife and me have spoken about to visit Amsterdam for two days this year.

• As I bought all of Bert's packs and really enjoy them, I will buy the new pack right now!
    Too bad, I missed the introductory discount, as I haven't been here for a while and didn't carefully read my mails, but I guess the new pack is worth the 50 bucks :thumbup:
    Can't wait to play these profiles later tonight or tomorrow!

• I think it's nice to do some demos using guitars that are not really the common ones like the Fender and Gibson stuff although I realize that probably most of you are playing one of them (or maybe both)...
    First in row is my Gretsch 6120. I love that guitar. It's like a French bulldog, it's so ugly that you love it for its uglyness. But it's a great guitar and it sounds very nice in combination with the twinkleland, Hi-watt and offset Marshall used in the demo 8)

External Content www.youtube.com

• I think it's nice to do some demos using guitars that are not really the common ones like the Fender and Gibson stuff although I realize that probably most of you are playing one of them (or maybe both)...
    First in row is my Gretsch 6120. I love that guitar. It's like a French bulldog, it's so ugly that you love it for its uglyness. But it's a great guitar and it sounds very nice in combination with the twinkleland, Hi-watt and offset Marshall used in the demo 8)

Superb Bert !!!!!!! You the Man!!! 8)

I really need to get your latest pack. That Offset Marshall is just killer. My go to Profile from you is the JTM 45 but that offset is well...........killer lol

John

2 x Folreden Relic Strats - Folreden Les Paul - Kemper Stage - Cubase Pro13 - Suhr Classic S

The m offset :love: As I have written post’s before: That‘s one of my alltime :thumbup: favorites