[BM Profiles] Bert's Mace-DR rigpack, available now!!!

• Bert certainly has one of the best Friedman value per profile/price/quality packs out so far,(have all the Friedman packs surprise :D ) He has also certainly bought in the missing range of cleans and Mid gain to the picture (NEW sounds). New sounds in there of cleans/mid Gains in comparison to vendor 1X or Vendor 2X. (i am comparing it to 2 real vendors BTW)

I am hoping to impart the following knowledge when i can finish my highlights of commercial profile thread in third party discussions.....basically what i have learned is after you have all the packs from all the vendors you get an "ear" for how they think and what sounds good to them. Some will try and put out a version of a style, say high gain etc, Still they know what amp sound appeals to them and each one has a specific talent for a specific genre (call it genre if you want).

Yes Berts packs are the sophisticated ones, it does not mean they dont have/or you cannot get good high gain, in fact i put some pedals on some of these and pretended to be Phil X the other day

You could easily get that sound Phil X did from 2 vendors i know but those 2 vendors cannot get the same range of sounds as Bert as he is given us the range and sounds the others packs dont have.

I know how these Vendors think now and the best part is they are ALL consistent.

With Bert i expect the same quality and range as his other packs and to bring out some thing different in the amp ,
    and BERT HAS DONE THIS EVERY TIME !!!
    :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Now if Bert could only solve the preset management issues that challenge & prevent me from utilizing all of his excellent profiles...

I would be happy to hear how I can improve the rig/preset management. Suggestions are more then welcome !!

I think the way it's been done it is pretty clear, although to me it is haha.

In case of the F-man I used A,B....etc followed by the gain level and the use of the amp boost if used. So for instance a rig is called A G3 or A G3/boost. Rig A and used gain 3.
    Sometimes I provide an extra tweak from which I think it works even better in a track. This is called B so the rig is called for instance A G3 B.
    I also explained it in the added pdf/text "read me"

I think this way of naming the rigs works well because you immediately can see which gain you're dealing with.
    I have to say as a session musician I'm only work in the browse mode.

But as said, suggestion are more than welcome

• My bad, Bert - that was just a joke! The issues I have are internal to how the Kemper manages presets. I do love how you include different stomps and effects though so in some ways, you do solve that issue if I can use what you have provided.

• My bad, Bert - that was just a joke! The issues I have are internal to how the Kemper manages presets. I do love how you include different stomps and effects though so in some ways, you do solve that issue if I can use what you have provided.

Man.....I'm a sucker (2nd time today...)

• Its all Dutch to me :D But...Trust me Bert is a perfectionist and will take the time to get it right..
    you should of seen the job he did on the Raggae stuff (that i asked for ) ...he is super critical and takes pride in his work..

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• It's really cool pack. I made sound test clip using Lespaul and Strat.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Maybe a strange question, but can these profiles be used for Metal tones?
    In fact the underlying question is, would a profile of the same amp be different between or let's say sound different depending on the type of musician/engineer who made the profiles? I mean a metal guitarist/engineer would look for a different tone opposed to a country guitarist/engineer.
    I hope my question is clear.
    I was just wondering.....

• Maybe a strange question, but can these profiles be used for Metal tones?
    In fact the underlying question is, would a profile of the same amp be different between or let's say sound different depending on the type of musician/engineer who made the profiles? I mean a metal guitarist/engineer would look for a different tone opposed to a country guitarist/engineer.
    I hope my question is clear.
    I was just wondering.....

Real metal is hard to get with these profiles but you reach a brilliant plexi van Halen tone and very punchy chord sound. If you set a booster in a slot in front of the amp the sun comes up again. Try the lead booster at + 2,5 and play with the tone parameter.......

• About the amps application (rather rock than metal) I understand that, but the underying question is, would it be thinkfull that profiles of the same amp model would sound different when they were made by someone who is looking for instance for a metal tone than someone who is looking for let's say a country tone?
    I can imagine that depening on the personal taste for the person who makes the profile, the profiles would sound different.

• Indeed, Mauce, the answer is "yes", I believe.

The guitar and pickups used for setting the amp up, the amp's gain structure, EQ settings and volume Profiled at, the mic types and positions (angle, for instance, where metal guys often angle an SM57 to give more high-frequency bite) and preamp types and settings all contribute to the overall picture and hence the Profile's sound and response to playing.

Your example of country vs metal, for instance, would see every one of these factors set differently IMHO, except perhaps the good ol' SM57 as choice of mic - the type, not its position or angle.

• Try BM F-man SAT 4 G8/Boost M
    and tell me thats not metal enough :P

Berts F-Man kills it for me with Blues rock (meaning GOOD in Dutch :D )
    Little adjustment for the strat but whoa...never heard this in other packs

This is not just a rock amp . its got some KILLER blues leads man

Ash

• It is a modern amp but the pack has a predominently vintage tone that is not ideal for metal (no problem in my case). An angry Plexi good for arena rock and blues rock primarily, but which may be tamed for blues too. I find this pack less polished, rawer, than Bert's earlier profiles, but sure it has a moderate studio-friendly quality. Besides, it is live-friendly too, I feel, though I haven't tried it that way, because profiles that are too bright tend to sound harsh when live. Britt's take on amps follows that path, which may make his profiles seem dark thru headphones. If you want sheer metal without tweaking or using an overdrive in front, there are other interpretations out there.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Its all Dutch to me :D But...Trust me Bert is a perfectionist and will take the time to get it right..
    you should of seen the job he did on the Raggae stuff (that i asked for ) ...he is super critical and takes pride in his work..

Ash

@breu - I'd be willing to invest in those Reggae profiles if you were inclined to make them available...